Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Scottish Independence ...

This was in response to

"We have a Govt at Westminster continually boiling Politics down to emotional crap - Let's cut gold plated pensions and huge wages for public sector workers, let's tackle benefits scroungers, let's cut red tape for business, let's make it easier for employers to let staff go, let's stop all this health and safety nonsense, let's stand up to the EU, let's tackle anti-social neighbours. "

The Nats are not pushing against any of this at Westminster, most of them are focussing on so called independence for Scotland. Dr Eilidh Whiteford hasn't quite forgotten who she's representing. The nats are a one trick party at Westminster.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was in response to

"We have a Govt at Westminster continually boiling Politics down to emotional crap - Let's cut gold plated pensions and huge wages for public sector workers, let's tackle benefits scroungers, let's cut red tape for business, let's make it easier for employers to let staff go, let's stop all this health and safety nonsense, let's stand up to the EU, let's tackle anti-social neighbours. "

The Nats are not pushing against any of this at Westminster, most of them are focussing on so called independence for Scotland. Dr Eilidh Whiteford hasn't quite forgotten who she's representing. The nats are a one trick party at Westminster.

Absolutely, the SNP are a one trick party, but boy what a trick. However, here's the rub, even as a one trick party they are outperforming the Unionist parties.

:lol:

I'm still waiting on your evidence of Westminster successes by SNP MPs. It's like waiting for a Scottish sports victory.

:lol: :lol: that was your insertion, you changed my post after you copied it. However, why don't you read that wee link I posted. It will show you a few successes Salmond got when defending Scotland from the subsidy junkie badge that the Unionists like to use to keep Scotland down.

I am still waiting on your robust defence of the Union, why its good for Scotland. Go on tell us the positives.

We have a Govt at Westminster continually boiling Politics down to emotional crap - Let's cut gold plated pensions and huge wages for public sector workers, let's tackle benefits scroungers, let's cut red tape for business, let's make it easier for employers to let staff go, let's stop all this health and safety nonsense, let's stand up to the EU, let's tackle anti-social neighbours. I expect that from the Tories who always come out with crap like that when they are encouraging folk to vote against their best interests - I am so disappointed that Labour (a party that was voted for for decades in my house) are onside on the majority of things or at best are scared to criticise as they are so terrified of upsetting Mr and Mrs Daily Mail in a handful or marginal seats in England.

Let's get back to the above statement which you made and have yet despite several prompts and bits in bold to evidence the Nats proposals to the UK government on matters which cover us all regardless of where we live and what party we support.

The Nats prefer to speak only about Independence on their presumption that it's the answer to everything. In the meantime Poundland is taking on forced labour and cutting the hours of its already low paid staff. Any comment at Westminster from the Nats or are their eyes on their own future employment.

Let's get back to the above statement which you made and have yet despite several prompts and bits in bold to evidence the Nats proposals to the UK government on matters which cover us all regardless of where we live and what party we support.

The Nats prefer to speak only about Independence on their presumption that it's the answer to everything. In the meantime Poundland is taking on forced labour and cutting the hours of its already low paid staff. Any comment at Westminster from the Nats or are their eyes on their own future employment.

DEX, as I said before you inserted into my post. However, if you are so blinkered that you need help, how about the SNP proposal that trident and other weapons of mass destruction are removed forthwith from the Clyde? What's the labour party view on that? What other UK issues would you like the SNP to comment on? The SNP have called for UK wide action on youth unemployment; call me Dave is slinging that a deafy. What's Ed's view on that?

Where are these Poundland actions taking place and what's the labour party view on Poundland - the same as the tories, eh?

I look forward to the day when there is no need for SNP politicians at Westminster, its a vile place.

DEX, as I said before you inserted into my post. However, if you are so blinkered that you need help, how about the SNP proposal that trident and other weapons of mass destruction are removed forthwith from the Clyde? What's the labour party view on that? What other UK issues would you like the SNP to comment on? The SNP have called for UK wide action on youth unemployment; call me Dave is slinging that a deafy. What's Ed's view on that?

Where are these Poundland actions taking place and what's the labour party view on Poundland - the same as the tories, eh?

I look forward to the day when there is no need for SNP politicians at Westminster, its a vile place.

I see Alex Salmond and Michael Moore are to have a chat!

Also a bit of a stoochie because the First Minister was indignant about being dropped as one of the commentators at the rugby. There are calls from the BBC for him to apologise after calling an executive a tin-pot dictator. Apparently comparing him to a Nazi official - I thought you got tin-pots everywhere.

Michelle Mone has stated that if Scotland gets independence she's move away :lol: ...........opinion polls increase 4% on the good news

I do not think anyone could care less. Maybe she's just looking for a new start she divorced or split recently.

Since when was Alex Salmond a sports commentator? Does he have any professional knowledge of the game? Were other First Ministers invited? Did I miss something?

I know nothing about it Harper but I did hear that Cameron has gone on a pundit course.

I don't know if yo're being particularly obtuse but I put in Westminster in bold to remind you and have now squeezed a response from you. Thanks. Any recent quotes? Of course not. The Nats do have a few MPs in Westminster. I've named them as obviously you neither know nor care who they are. Nothing matters to you other than so called independence.

I don't know if yo're being particularly obtuse but I put in Westminster in bold to remind you and have now squeezed a response from you. Thanks. Any recent quotes? Of course not. The Nats do have a few MPs in Westminster. I've named them as obviously you neither know nor care who they are. Nothing matters to you other than so called independence.

Absolutely. Now back to answering my poser. Go on, make the case for the Union!

£400 million from Swinney might sweeten the electorate:

"Swinney said: "This is a Budget that boosts public sector capital investment, takes direct action to tackle unemployment, in particular youth unemployment, and enhances economic security across the Scottish economy."

He also pledged £97m for housing over the next four years. It includes £10m of already-announced cash for council house building, an extra £45m from this year until 2014-15 for affordable housing, and £42m to fund loans and equity"

Westminster say it will stop growth and Labour calling it a 'budget of despair'. Quite a few moans from various quarters.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/400m-spending-boost.16700805

Glasgow City Council scrape its budget through.

The Labour administration won the vote 40 to 38 despite up to 8 labour councillors threatening to resign and vote against it.

One of those councillors who had threatened to resign, Anne Marie Millar, claims she had to vote for the budget after her disabled boy's apprenticeship was threatened if she voted against the budget.

Dearie me, Council Elections cannot come quick enough

Glasgow City Council scrape its budget through.

The Labour administration won the vote 40 to 38 despite up to 8 labour councillors threatening to resign and vote against it.

One of those councillors who had threatened to resign, Anne Marie Millar, claims she had to vote for the budget after her disabled boy's apprenticeship was threatened if she voted against the budget.

Dearie me, Council Elections cannot come quick enough

It all sounds pretty nasty, according to Th Scotsman

Glasgow City Council appears to have been long plagued by cronyism so a bit of a challenge might keep them on their toes.