Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
puggy

Frankie Boyle at The Stand

Did anyone book tickets for FB at the stand online only to find the tickets they were allocatd were for the wrong night? Me and my mate did and were told by The Stand it was our fault, except one of their temps let slip their website was a shambles. Just wondering. Puggy

Ah Frankie Boyle - ra furst comedy tribute act ever.

He emulates Jerry Sadowitz wae every performance, obvioulsy Frankie boy recognises greatness tae

Did anyone book tickets for FB at the stand online only to find the tickets they were allocatd were for the wrong night? Me and my mate did and were told by The Stand it was our fault, except one of their temps let slip their website was a shambles. Just wondering. Puggy

That was a real shame. Did you go along on the wrong night?

Friends of mine went along to Folies-Bergère the night after the show they had actually booked for. They didn't realise until they turned up and were very disappointed when the mistake was spooted, however, after a short delay they were admitted at no additional cost.

Ah Frankie Boyle - ra furst comedy tribute act ever.

You reckon?

I aye figured Vic and Bob were a tribute to Morecambe and Wise when Frankie Boyle was still in short pants.

Not that I know anything about Frankie's short pants of course, oh no :D

Posted Today, 12:29 AM

View Postnotanimby, on 22 September 2010 - 12:15 AM, said:

and here was me thinking that defamation was gainst the law never mind the rules of the forum

Also postin links about other forums is against the forum rules too

There are also copy right issues involved - so there's 3 forum rules broken plus 2 actual real legal ones too

Something should be done about persistent liars

Ears burning NAN?

Who's being defamed?

What's the defamation?

There's plenty of posts here about other forums. Haven't you noticed?

When did Pat re instate liar?

Ah here we go again :lol:

Perfectly good going thread, and someone has to jump in insulting someone else for doing nothing more dastardly than comparing two comedians.

Dex, I think your post was unneccesarily harsh.

Re name-calling, actually Nota, I think your defence would have been just as robust had you left it out.

I think if we posters find other posts objectionable we should come out and say so and not leave everything to the mods to judge. I know from experience how difficult it can be to be fair and equitable all round, there will always be someone that disagrees.

Perhaps if we speak up more, posters who can't seem to desist from personal insult will get the message.

Now, where were we again? :wub:

WELL !!!!!

I didnae read the entire thread but must admit tae thoroughly enjoyin the Dex and Nota show.

tam

Along similar lines i dae recall threads which featured Mr. Heidy which were hilarious....also, taken out of context, could have been termed, insultin, derogatory, inflamatory (remember when that was spelt with an m, or mibee two ms), and even degrading.

Jist read post by Rolo....and i see, i suppose. A second reading and Dex wis harsh, if he was serious....mind he might have been givin Nota and entry.....no ??????

I dae hope am no gonnae havtae apologise for enjoyin it.

tam

PS

In 2008, some of us ate at a restaurant which had a staff and menu from India.....wid that have been the same place which Hingmie gave high praise tae. ?

Sorry:

At least two posters mentioned that we should get back on topic; I do apologize.

tam

PS

In 2008, some of us ate at a restaurant which had a staff and menu from India.....wid that have been the same place which Hingmie gave high praise tae. ?

No that was the Ashoka, Tam. Only a samosa's throw away from Mother India Cafe but :D

<oh god even further off topic......but we're only one above the one below so close enough lol :D >

Back on Topic efter bein so rudely interupted

Could I point out that in no way do I believe that our country cousin lack opposable thumb or that in any way he ha lifted his act from Billy Kay and I did mean to complement him on his precise use of "emulate". Hoever having seen Jerry Sadowitz I still disagree with the above (name calling - edited by Pat) opinion.

Could I point out that in no way do I believe that our country cousin lack opposable thumb or that in any way he ha lifted his act from Billy Kay and I did mean to complement him on his precise use of "emulate". Hoever having seen Jerry Sadowitz I still disagree with the above (name calling - edited by Pat) opinion.

Dexter! Give Nota's keyboard back to him RIGHT NOW! :D

Could I also point out that in no way do I believe our resident #### (truth self censored by notanimby :D ) does actually know how to spell or use correct grammar.

Could I also point out that in no way do I believe our resident #### (truth self censored by notanimby :D ) does actually know how to spell or use correct grammar.

Really approve of your choice to self edit censor, Notanimby. Now you have managed it at least once, please keep it up. You have done really well, give yourself a pat on the back.

No, seriously. I haven't been here overmuch recently for various reasons but your sniping makes me hesitate to open and read topics I can see you are contributing to.

Edited by Hingmie

Really approve of your choice to self edit, Notanimby. Now you have managed it at least once, please keep it up. You have done really well, give yourself a pat on the back.

No, seriously. I haven't been here overmuch recently for various reasons but your sniping makes me hesitate to open topics I can see you are contributing to.

It wisnae an edit it wizz a censor

Feel free tae dae as yoo like, am no' stoppin' yoo.

If am already contributin tae a topic it's already opened and cannae be opened again

It wisnae an edit it wizz a censor

Feel free tae dae as yoo like, am no' stoppin' yoo.

If am already contributin tae a topic it's already opened and cannae be opened again

I have edited my post.

Doesn't seem like anyone else has any knowledge of problems but Puggy were you as fortunate as Pat's friends who arrived on the wrong night at the Folies Bergere ? Did they even try and help you get to see the show, offer money back, discount for another night or such like ?

( I know, I know. This is a rather late and pathetic attempt to get back on track. I hope Puggy is still with us, at some level)