Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Barack's Book

'Of Thee I Sing' is a children's book published by Random House

The head of Random House's children's division, Chip Gibson, said Of Thee I Sing "celebrates the characteristics that unite all Americans - the potential to pursue our dreams and forge our own paths".

Have we got another bestseller?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/sep/13/gail-rebuck-tony-blair-random-house

Read about this earlier on Ceefax and was a bit perturbed by it. The leader of the USA has enough spare time on his hands to write a children's book? Turns out he wrote it before his election campaign, so that's all right, then. I'm all for people in high office being multi-talented, as long as they focus on the job in hand while in office. Churchill was a very multi-talented individual.

Read about this earlier on Ceefax and was a bit perturbed by it. The leader of the USA has enough spare time on his hands to write a children's book? Turns out he wrote it before his election campaign, so that's all right, then. I'm all for people in high office being multi-talented, as long as they focus on the job in hand while in office. Churchill was a very multi-talented individual.

Oh, I don't know, yonza, everybody needs some time out. He could be :o hanging out on discussion forums.

I don't know, Yonza. He took ten vacations so far this year. I'd say he might have the time to write it while in office. He's not doing much else.

I don't know, Yonza. He took ten vacations so far this year. I'd say he might have the time to write it while in office. He's not doing much else.

Unlike the last president who managed to watch New Orleans drown, took the USA into two wars, nationalised half of your banking system. Yep, whooo whhooo the Republicans.

Criticism of one is not approval of the other, actually.

I voted for Obama.

But appear to be blaming him for the problems created by the previous administration

But appear to be blaming him for the problems created by the previous administration

I don't see that samsc. The criticism related to his perceived inaction and many holidays.

No. I said he has taken 10 vacations this year. I also said he hasn't done what he had promised during his campaign. I don't blame him for Bush's creations. I never voted for Bush either.

The number of vacations that Obama takes has nothing to do with Bush.

No. I said he has taken 10 vacations this year. I also said he hasn't done what he had promised during his campaign. I don't blame him for Bush's creations. I never voted for Bush either.

The number of vacations that Obama takes has nothing to do with Bush.

i sincerly believe the President's role is a lot more restricted than what we think.

BEFORE being voted in Obama said he would get troops back from Afghanistan and close down Guantanamo Bay.

AFTER being voted in he increased troops numbers by 40% in Afghanistan and has kept Gitmo opened for a further indefinate period.

maybe it frustrates even him.. so he takes lots of holidays, does multiple PR stunts and checks on his childrens book sales!! :rolleyes: