Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

This thread is amazing

amazing pics

just one wee nag and I'm looking at you again LG :P

I'm a nosy bint who likes location captions :lol:

Ps obviously not in the one above like I mean I don't actually want to know where the wall was where the geetar sits :lol:

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol:

Wow... now there's a long cool drink o' water!

Who he, where he?

Oh mai! What a nice looking child.

You're young enough to 'appreciate' thon. I meanwhile have to be tres careful at all times not to 'appreciate' young good looking musicianly blokes--tis a small world here in Scotland and chances are they're the offspring of friends, friends of friends etc....... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW :mellow:

Guest westtender

You're young enough to 'appreciate' thon. I meanwhile have to be tres careful at all times not to 'appreciate' young good looking musicianly blokes--tis a small world here in Scotland and chances are they're the offspring of friends, friends of friends etc....... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW :mellow:

You're never too auld to appreciate! Disnae matter who they are....

Guest westtender

Ladies, form an orderley queue girls !

The gents name I do not know, he was playing with a very waterred down band at Lebowski's last Sunday afternoon. :mellow:

Anyhoo, he's old compared to this lad.

COLUMBUS.jpg

:lol:

Yer herr's too short

Ladies, form an orderley queue girls !

The gents name I do not know, he was playing with a very waterred down band at Lebowski's last Sunday afternoon. :mellow:

Anyhoo, he's old compared to this lad.

COLUMBUS.jpg

I can see Hendrix and Adam Ant in the background ... but who's that over your right shoulder? :lol:

Never to old to appreciate a work of art :lol:

Loch Lomond, one still morning last year

4001211066_f1d0cbe480_z.jpg

St Vincent Street

2912039412_a72f3b3033_z.jpg

LG they are *uckin fantastic :) The Loch Lomond one captures exactly the light that I've been dronin on about,here and elsewhere :lol: that I love about Loch Lomond (and West of Scotland) but don't like living in all year round.

AND the St Vincent one with the (morning?) sun on the red sandstone - just makes me homesick.

Do you have any of Loch Lomond in the gloamin?

AND the St Vincent one with the (morning?) sun on the red sandstone - just makes me homesick.

You're right Iona, morning it is.

The September light has been fantastic this year-- early and late doors-- because the skies have been so clear. This is pretty much the view I see every day making my way into w*rk in Merchant City and it's been warm enough to sit out and have a quick coffee on the way.

Ain't life grand sometimes? :lol:

You're right Iona, morning it is.

The September light has been fantastic this year-- early and late doors-- because the skies have been so clear. This is pretty much the view I see every day making my way into w*rk in Merchant City and it's been warm enough to sit out and have a quick coffee on the way.

Ain't life grand sometimes? :lol:

Ah now don't rub it in :P:D

Used to trudge up St Vincent Street from McCalls in Union Street every luch time. Worked in 219 St Vincent street for a while

Some great buildings in that street. The best idea is to look up. Super photos, LG.

I looked around in awe, Nothing quite like it in Brissie at that time! Mind you I did prefer the warmth in Brisbane

The Christian Institute in Bothwell Street National Mutual? across the roadfrom it. Church at top of the hill. Blysthwood square where office lassies used to get sun tanned on hot summer lunch times (well at least one day every 5 years) Used to work in No 26 Blyswood square lovely old building with a portico.

Finally worked in Park Circus PLace in one of Charles Wilsons Vicrorian masterpieces which luckily had not been "modernised"

I dont think you weejies really appreciate the fantastic architecture of your city.

Mind you it was effin cold and wet

I dont think you weejies really appreciate the fantastic architecture of your city.

OOH! I think we do, you know :P

There are some fantastic Victorian buildings in Syd and Mel that remind me so much of Glasgow architecture. Maybe that's one of the reasons both cities feel like home.

Only warmer and drier. :lol: