Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
tam

Tip Needed:

Please:

How do I find the list of e-mails sent by this computer.....of course i remember finding it before but that was an accident which i cannae seem tae replicate.

tam

Please:

How do I find the list of e-mails sent by this computer.....of course i remember finding it before but that was an accident which i cannae seem tae replicate.

tam

tam, you just look in your 'sent' folder. Good luck.

Pat:

It's a wee bit different. I do have a "sent " section but the part am looking for is an area where ALL of the e-mails sent, have their addresses retained until you delete them, either by design or accidentally, even after you delete the original e-mails.

tam

my lack of knowledge had me in that section and i decided to eliminate some addresses, thinking they would stay in my address book; they dinnae.

Pat:

It's a wee bit different. I do have a "sent " section but the part am looking for is an area where ALL of the e-mails sent, have their addresses retained until you delete them, either by design or accidentally, even after you delete the original e-mails.

tam

my lack of knowledge had me in that section and i decided to eliminate some addresses, thinking they would stay in my address book; they dinnae.

I think that would all depend on how your email program works, tam. Could be they are no longer there.

I think that would all depend on how your email program works, tam. Could be they are no longer there.

AAARRRGGGHHHH.....don't say that

tam

Hi Tam,

Not sure what mac programme you're running, mine may be different from yours.

Try this anyway;

Open your email function then go to NEW on the toolbar as you normally would to send a mail.

In the TO box, type in the name (or part name) of the person you're wanting to contact.

This should prompt a drop down box of possible names and email addresses of people you've mailed before. If the person you want is there, simply click on the name and it enters automatically in the TO box.

This works on my programme-- even if the person has not been added to ADDRESS BOOK.

I'm pretty remiss adding people to Address Book, mainly because this programme always finds who I'm looking for pretty sharpish.

Let's know how you get on?

R x

What it was, was:

some time back, I discovered that the mac retained the addresses of all e-mails sent; totally separate from the addresses your e-mail saves.....i had hundreds of e-mail addresses and thought that many of them were repeats.....they were not and when i deleted one of them, it deleted from my address book and my drop down on new mail.

tam

am gonnae try and find it without opening my mail box.

It is found:

Click on "window" and "previous recipients".....a new page emerges which has all of the people you have written to. There is a "remove for list" box but you must be careful because anything you remove is removed from everywhere....drop down menu, address book, the whole shebang.

tam