Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
trigger3

savoy disco

Twiz in the Savoy that ah met Missus Jumjoogler fur the furst time.

Nuthin tae dae wi' the orijinul kweschin really, but ah jist thot ah'd menshin it.

Lucky you went along, JJ. Both of you. :angry:

Lucky you went along, JJ. Both of you. :lol:

Mah best pal wiz crazy aboot hur best pal an' they hud a long standin thing gaun. If they met et the Barry McGuigan, they wid try tae lumber thur respective mates wi' each ither. Wan such night ah wiz wi' him an' the luvvly Maggie wiz wi' hur. They hauncuffed us ragither an' buggered aff. The rest is histry.

Funnily enuff, wanst me 'n' Maggie wur an item, the two o' them drifted apart an' nuthin iver came o' thur relayshinship. Life takes sum strange turns, dinnit?

Mah best pal wiz crazy aboot hur best pal an' they hud a long standin thing gaun. If they met et the Barry McGuigan, they wid try tae lumber thur respective mates wi' each ither. Wan such night ah wiz wi' him an' the luvvly Maggie wiz wi' hur. They hauncuffed us ragither an' buggered aff. The rest is histry.

Funnily enuff, wanst me 'n' Maggie wur an item, the two o' them drifted apart an' nuthin iver came o' thur relayshinship. Life takes sum strange turns, dinnit?

:lol::lol: Not heard the expression 'lumber' fur years, JJ.

The dancin' sure was a great meeting place - much better than online. You could get a proper look at the target, hear what they had to say for themselves, find out whether they were a nifty dancer or not and maybe even a good wincher. Most importantly you could get all your friends opinions.

:lol::lol: Not heard the expression 'lumber' fur years, JJ.

The dancin' sure was a great meeting place - much better than online. You could get a proper look at the target, hear what they had to say for themselves, find out whether they were a nifty dancer or not and maybe even a good wincher. Most importantly you could get all your friends opinions.

Noo who is draggin up the auld wurds? :lol: Ah huvnae heard winchin, ur ony ither form o' the wurd in that context, fur yonks.

Noo who is draggin up the auld wurds? :lol: Ah huvnae heard winchin, ur ony ither form o' the wurd in that context, fur yonks.

:lol:

Hope the skills are not being lost, though, JJ.

The topic is certainly bringing back memories. It could be a dodgy business letting your friends arrange a foursome. Sometimes their aims were questionable. More than once I was hooked up with someone because they were the one with the car. :lol:

I distinctly remember going to the Rialto picture house in Dumbarton with my friend, her boyfriend and his pal. We did this a few times then I told my friend that I didn't 'really fancy him' so was not going out with him again she was very disappointed. I think this was because each time we had gone out he bought me a box of chocolates and my friend got tore into them on the way back home to Old Kilpatrick on the bus.

Incidentally she got married to her boyfriend and they now live near my sister in Canada.