Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

I'm sure watching golf is not everyone's cup of tea but it was fabulous today to watch Tom Watson at the age of 59 and 3/4 walking on to the 18th leading the Open.

C'mon Tom, one more round.

Edit: awww nuts posted in the wrong place

Guest tomtscotland

hey, I know you guys are ahead of us but play hasn't started :lol:

He's done well so far - some extraordinary long putts have kept him at top of leaderboard.

Can he keep up that standard?

Hope he does it :D

Imagine - a 69y.o. Open winner :lol:

Shame - nae fairytale ending for old Tom.

Still he did no bad for a 59y.o. wae dodgy feet and a replacement hip. :P

Its a game of skill, not a game of extreme physikul exershun*

*Its a good stroll in well manicured grounds wae a nice seaview, with ra opperchancity tae knock wee bawls intae a hole using a stick

Its a game of skill, not a game of extreme physikul exershun*

*Its a good stroll in well manicured grounds wae a nice seaview, with ra opperchancity tae knock wee bawls intae a hole using a stick

C'mon, Nota. It can be a very long walk with lots of swinging and striking those 'bawls' long distances. Think it requires skill, stamina and strength.

C'mon, Nota. It can be a very long walk with lots of swinging and striking those 'bawls' long distances. Think it requires skill, stamina and strength.

ah wiz pointin oot that older folk like Tom Watson shouldnae be patronised.

Whits up wae sumwan of his age or indeed older daein well in a competishun that isnae really aboot physikul fitness, but merr tae dae wae skill.

Jist becoz sumwan isnae under 35, disnae mean thur phyically incapable of winnin at golf.

even the "young" players huvva wee guy tae kerry thur bag of sticks/bats aroon fur them, teh only strenuous part is on yer eyes huvvin tae look at some ov that awfy gear they cut aboot in,

Whits up wae sumwan of his age or indeed older daein well in a competishun that isnae really aboot physikul fitness, but merr tae dae wae skill.

Jist becoz sumwan isnae under 35, disnae mean thur phyically incapable of winnin at golf.

even the "young" players huvva wee guy tae kerry thur bag of sticks/bats aroon fur them, teh only strenuous part is on yer eyes huvvin tae look at some ov that awfy gear they cut aboot in,

I agree with you, Nota, was there not a 16 year old, and his caddy, in the tournament.

I'm getting along a wee bit - much older than Tom; this means I am not only highly skilled at lots of things but have extensive experience in many areas. Also my senior moments tend to be more little points in time when I lapse into some very creative thinking. :lol:

Guest Brass Monkey

But when I came to it he just didn't have the mental strength to win, did he?