Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
The Jolly Jumjoogler

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Dear Maggs:

Obviously i need some instruction and a trip tae Scotland wid be the ideal time for a learning experience.

tam

The Fact Sheet is in the post, tam. You can read it on the plane. :)

AW PAAAT:

Fact sheets, text books, instuction manuals.......nothing can replace hands on training.

tam

I was sure that I had posted this, earlier on.

Boise State:

Now ranked number three in the NCAA Division One football rankings.

tam

fall (autumn) weather here....soon as Indian summer comes and goes, the bike will be put awa.

A Lost Thread:

I thought that i read a warning about a possible hacker....... anything new ?????????

tam

A Lost Thread:

I thought that i read a warning about a possible hacker....... anything new ?????????

tam

I noticed that a bit earlier but, as you say, it's gone. Maybe samscafeamericain, the OP, can enlighten us.

There is no hacker - just someone making mischief by suggesting that there is a problem with the board.

Discussing it as it it was true - it only falls in their hands.

Jimbo

Cool the beans, guys.

Beans cold. They never made their way to the mocrowave in the 1st place. Would take a certain amount of effort and this didnae seem worth it :angry:

I noticed that a bit earlier but, as you say, it's gone. Maybe samscafeamericain, the OP, can enlighten us.

Sammy obviously got the same PM today that I and 4 others did.

If S brought it to our attention earlier ( I'm only guessing because his OP has been deleted) then fair dos I say.

I take it there's no truth in the allegations contained in the PM then?

If S brought it to our attention earlier ( I'm only guessing because his OP has been deleted) then fair dos I say.

Jim has confirmed there is no problem with the Board.

As for information communicated in PMs, that would hardly be discussed publically, would it? Or am I reading that question wrong, Rolo?

Beans cold. They never made their way to the mocrowave in the 1st place. Would take a certain amount of effort and this didnae seem worth it B)

:angry: That sounds like smart thinking, hingmie.

jOSIE, !! "I and 4 others did". I might have got the same PM and chose to ignore it. See, that 4 + 1 thingie, that makes me suspicious but also snigger :angry:

My post related to another matter which I now suspect is a problem with another poster's facebook account and purile, childish, mischief making by someone who is rather smelly, hacking in to that :lol:

Not a "Wee Story"....

even though am inclined tae think there is a wee story, somewhere within all of the strange events of the past couple of weeks on glasgowwestend....mibee a soap opera, even.

I am glad thit Sam posted. It does clear the air a bit aboot his post which was removed and am hoping that this post will stay....facebookers might find it useful if they have problems.

Westie was a pest, nae question, and Westie was a pest for a long time. But she was a lot more than a nuisance. She could be warm, informative and extremely intuitive aboot events apart from the forum. She was stubborn and sometimes not inclined to clarify. The legalities are far beyond me and I am totally prejudiced because I have met her and she is extremely likable.

Nota will be missed. Mind i wullnae miss his political rants because the redundancy got tae me and i had stopped reading thais posts. The other stuff was tremendous. I found him to be very well informed and a lot of his opinions were worth a think.

I doubt that many know why Rolo quit modding. Tae the vast majority of the posters, she was thought tae be a very guid mod.....I know I did. I loved when she commented on various entertainers and when she explained her editing: i never understood her attitude to one of the posters....i figured it was a personal, local thing and i tried to ignore it. Another thing is/was her work ethic....tireless worker.

I enjoy posts by Dex. I do think that he is a snob aboot his field of expertise and he can be biting in his rebuttals, but he is an asset.

There are a lot of guid posters on here, not the least of them is Samc. I see where you do not want to give encouragement to thais who would interfere with the site but removing the post by Samc might have given them more bragging rights than leaving it on.

They say that yesterday is a cancelled cheque and yesterday cannae be retrieved. True enough i suppose but that disnae help my feeling of loss.

tam

Not a "Wee Story"....

even though am inclined tae think there is a wee story, somewhere within all of the strange events of the past couple of weeks on glasgowwestend....mibee a soap opera, even...

Ach, tam, the soap operas would never use our material - too far fetched.

If this be fall/autumn I could stand this weather all year round. Brilliant blue sky, temps in the fifties and a slight breeze...breeze is almost constant in this toon.

Aboot twenty percent of the leaves have fallen. And some of the lawns have nary a leaf on them, no mine because am no much of a leaf gatherer.

The walnut trees are maist advanced towards nudity and the leaves seem tae fall off afore they turn yellow or red.

Maple trees are changing colour; nature is quite the artist. The dark maple, dinnae ken whit they are called, wull retain leaves for a long time; am thinkin that they might even keep their leaves for the entire year.

If a person asks ye tae identify a particular maple ye can say what i say, "am nearly sure that thon is a silver maple as tae the other seventy-nine species, i havnae a clue".

I received a leather jacket and a cashmere sweater. Oan thursday, the young woman thit runs the senior centre says tae me, "i have something for you". She produces a brown paper bag and drawa oot the jacket, sayin,"try this on". I did as telt and it is a perfect fit; as perfect as a short armed individual can expect.

I go tae say somethin and she says, "anonymous", again i open the mooth and she says, "never mind, the person wants to remain anonymous and i am not telling" then she pulls oot the cashmere sweater: she isnae tellin.

Well, am thinkin, nae probs, am gonnae ask some of the seniors. She follows me and everytime i approach one of the other seniors it's "never mind, no one knows and YOU do not need to know".

It is a daunting task because this wee burg is full of extremely generous folk.

Oanyway, am wearing the leather jacket and thais things are quite warrum, even no buttoned up.

tam

If this be fall/autumn I could stand this weather all year round. Brilliant blue sky, temps in the fifties and a slight breeze...breeze is almost constant in this toon.

Aboot twenty percent of the leaves have fallen. And some of the lawns have nary a leaf on them, no mine because am no much of a leaf gatherer.

The walnut trees are maist advanced towards nudity and the leaves seem tae fall off afore they turn yellow or red.

Maple trees are changing colour; nature is quite the artist. The dark maple, dinnae ken whit they are called, wull retain leaves for a long time; am thinkin that they might even keep their leaves for the entire year.

If a person asks ye tae identify a particular maple ye can say what i say, "am nearly sure that thon is a silver maple as tae the other seventy-nine species, i havnae a clue".

I received a leather jacket and a cashmere sweater. Oan thursday, the young woman thit runs the senior centre says tae me, "i have something for you". She produces a brown paper bag and drawa oot the jacket, sayin,"try this on". I did as telt and it is a perfect fit; as perfect as a short armed individual can expect.

I go tae say somethin and she says, "anonymous", again i open the mooth and she says, "never mind, the person wants to remain anonymous and i am not telling" then she pulls oot the cashmere sweater: she isnae tellin.

Well, am thinkin, nae probs, am gonnae ask some of the seniors. She follows me and everytime i approach one of the other seniors it's "never mind, no one knows and YOU do not need to know".

Oanyway, am wearing the leather jacket and thais things are quite warrum, even no buttoned up.

tam

Some people are very kind, aren't they. Health to wear your new togs, Tam. You strike me as the type who would get a piece at anyone's door. :lol:

Hingmie, you are precious. If it's a jeelie piece i wid be maist grateful.

tam

Guest larrytrooper

Not a "Wee Story"....

even though am inclined tae think there is a wee story, somewhere within all of the strange events of the past couple of weeks on glasgowwestend....mibee a soap opera, even.

I am glad thit Sam posted. It does clear the air a bit aboot his post which was removed and am hoping that this post will stay....facebookers might find it useful if they have problems.

Westie was a pest, nae question, and Westie was a pest for a long time. But she was a lot more than a nuisance. She could be warm, informative and extremely intuitive aboot events apart from the forum. She was stubborn and sometimes not inclined to clarify. The legalities are far beyond me and I am totally prejudiced because I have met her and she is extremely likable.

Nota will be missed. Mind i wullnae miss his political rants because the redundancy got tae me and i had stopped reading thais posts. The other stuff was tremendous. I found him to be very well informed and a lot of his opinions were worth a think.

I doubt that many know why Rolo quit modding. Tae the vast majority of the posters, she was thought tae be a very guid mod.....I know I did. I loved when she commented on various entertainers and when she explained her editing: i never understood her attitude to one of the posters....i figured it was a personal, local thing and i tried to ignore it. Another thing is/was her work ethic....tireless worker.

I enjoy posts by Dex. I do think that he is a snob aboot his field of expertise and he can be biting in his rebuttals, but he is an asset.

There are a lot of guid posters on here, not the least of them is Samc. I see where you do not want to give encouragement to thais who would interfere with the site but removing the post by Samc might have given them more bragging rights than leaving it on.

They say that yesterday is a cancelled cheque and yesterday cannae be retrieved. True enough i suppose but that disnae help my feeling of loss.

tam

Once more a very observant bit of writing Tam, I agree with your round up of the previous posters and I too will miss the one's who have gone.

Perhaps they will return later with another name?

You are also, I feel correct about the others you mention, in particular Rolo,

C'est la Vie.

tam

I love this time of year, tam, and know the 'Fall' is beautiful in Canada. I think we are going to have a particularly spectacular Autumn here as the trees are just starting to change colour and looking very dramatic.

Don't know if this is something to do with the long spell of warm weather and sudden drop in temperature overnight. The wasps are presenting a little problem - in October, that usually happens in August.

Not a "Wee Story"....

tam

People drift away but old friends very often drift back again, Tam. Our very own wee squirrel, Hingmie, GM, Heidie, Kelvin Delta and Miro being very recent examples. smile.gif

Whether I agree with the point of view or not, I enjoy everyone's style of posting and especially the different perspective and topics newbies bring on Board.

Life is change and change is life, as they say. I hope you'll be logging in while your travelling? wink.gif

ay Harper, i wull be "logging in" whilst visiting...that "logging in" can sure get the mind tae wanderin. And i dae like whit ye said aboot newbies...am thinkin that a web site needs newbies in order tae grow a bit.

Seems like Larry has been aroond for a long time and someone else started tae post at the same time, cannae think of the name but am dae remember a wee message tae mahsel that was quite encouragin.

Am takin some time tae write tae the CAW aboot their lawyers...gonnae dae a copy tae the Windsor Star and the Bar Association.

Mibee it wull be ignored but if the Star publishes it, that might cost the NDP a seat...the sitting member of parliament was the FIRST manager of the caw legal services.

I really widnae want them tae lose the seat but if the sitting member is the best we can do, we should be bloody well ashamed.

tam

Commonwealth games ? Swimming, Renwick took the gold in 200m freestyle.

Ta! Good for him. Press is so one eyed here its virtually impossible to find out what other counties have done