Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
The Jolly Jumjoogler

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

To All and Sundry:

Early in the day a reply from a charmer on the dating site tells me that she is seeing someone. Thanked me very much and said that she liked my letter. My disappointment was all out of proportion; ah mean naebody has agreed tae meet me so why shuid i be so sure that this lady, of a certain age, wid be the first, and she does have a guid reason for no seein me.

So am oan the web site and going back a wee bit: a lot of really guid stuff by loads of different folk.

Noo am awa for a wee walk and the last three posters read by mahsel are Maggs, Pat and Sgriob....cannae ask for better than that.

tam

I wid hope that Sgriob is gonnae stick aroond....he kens so much mair aboot hame that we, mibee that shuid jist be I, could benfit from his contributions....sorta like adding the french vanilla ice cream tae the warm rhubarb.

Keep us posted as to your progress, tam. They don't know what they're missing.

French vanilla ice cream & warm rhubarb, prolly, knowing Tam.

I don't know about that, he dished up some fine chicken for Lily.

Wired tae the moon, indeed !!! HH, if there were four of you you wid be a bundle of buggers.

I was on facebook and did the chat thingmie with a niece.....went tae chat we Maggs and she runned away.

tam

PS am gonnae try a flight tae Gatwick and wull spend two or three days in England....oanybody need a drive tae Scotland, at that time, gies us a shout. And if ye are a woman, you will be treated as a very special lady, all daylight hours.....the rest of the time we can have fun.

Played bridge today and i was awful but mibee naebody noticed.

Maggs:

Your beautiful name was displayed on my puter along with grandson Alex and niece Jenny. I was able to communicate with Jenny and cut that short because your name was the "Siren's" call: went tae click oan yur name and it vanished.

tam

I accept full reponsbility....blame...

and I will make it up to you if you meet me in England and we will take the long way back tae Scotland....else i'll see ye in Glasgow.

One of the grandsons is coming tae dinner.

Turkey, mashed tatties, stuffing and apple pie and ice cream. Noo, if i cuid only remember when I put the turkey on....it was either noon or one.

tam

Am no daein gravy and the giblets are bein cooked for Lily.

And the stuffing isnae home made either.

Maggs:

Am no sure aboot the "delicious" but the meal certainly had it's moments.

Wasnae hungry mahesl and ran intae a lot of difficulties tryin tae get white meat for the grandson.

He isnae a fussy eater and kept sayin, "don't worry about it, this is fine, I have lots".

What i cuidnae understand was that a friend and mahsel had shopped at the same time. Baith bought turkeys and he cooked his oan Sunday. He came over tae the hoose on Monday and had a plastic container half full of white meat, tatties and carrots; I warmed up a full plate for him and there was lots left over.

The grandson finishes and he did justice tae a big plateful. I was a bit disappointed because of the lack of white meat.

Am having a last look at the carcass and made an astute observation. I says tae the grandson, "am awa for a shower and you should strip the meat from the bones tae tak we ye, and by the way, there seems tae be enough white meat"....i had cooked the turkey with the breast down.

Loads of unusual happenins when wur growin old.

tam

Maggs:

Am no sure aboot the "delicious" but the meal certainly had it's moments.

Wasnae hungry mahesl and ran intae a lot of difficulties tryin tae get white meat for the grandson.

He isnae a fussy eater and kept sayin, "don't worry about it, this is fine, I have lots".

What i cuidnae understand was that a friend and mahsel had shopped at the same time. Baith bought turkeys and he cooked his oan Sunday. He came over tae the hoose on Monday and had a plastic container half full of white meat, tatties and carrots; I warmed up a full plate for him and there was lots left over.

The grandson finishes and he did justice tae a big plateful. I was a bit disappointed because of the lack of white meat.

Am having a last look at the carcass and made an astute observation. I says tae the grandson, "am awa for a shower and you should strip the meat from the bones tae tak we ye, and by the way, there seems tae be enough white meat"....i had cooked the turkey with the breast down.

Loads of unusual happenins when wur growin old.

tam

:) Was it no a wee bit wobbly when you were basting, tam?

Still, I'm sure it was delicious.

no basting:

Retrieved the giblets and such and put that lot in a pot with water. Simmered for a time and is now ready for Lily.

Rubbed a bit of salt on the bird and coated it with butter. Dinnae have a proper roasting pan so bought one of thais aluminum ones. Wrapped the bird in tin foil and put it in the oven.

Wrapping it in tin foil might have been when I turned it upside down.

I removed, or at least opened, the tin foil, for the last twenty minutes and i must admit that I thought that the legs wur the wrang way rooond; didnae worry, jist thought that the legs had come loose because it was well cooked.

One guid thing is that i am sure that the grandson now has a lot of white meat.

tam

no basting:

Retrieved the giblets and such and put that lot in a pot with water. Simmered for a time and is now ready for Lily.

Rubbed a bit of salt on the bird and coated it with butter. Dinnae have a proper roasting pan so bought one of thais aluminum ones. Wrapped the bird in tin foil and put it in the oven.

Wrapping it in tin foil might have been when I turned it upside down.

I removed, or at least opened, the tin foil, for the last twenty minutes and i must admit that I thought that the legs wur the wrang way rooond; didnae worry, jist thought that the legs had come loose because it was well cooked.

One guid thing is that i am sure that the grandson now has a lot of white meat.

tam

All prepared with love and that's the most important ingredient. :)

Dear Maggs:

Obviously i need some instruction and a trip tae Scotland wid be the ideal time for a learning experience.

tam