Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
The Jolly Jumjoogler

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

This happens far to often here

The Australian

Toddler found wandering street in Bankstown

* September 25, 2010 7:59AM

POLICE are searching for the parents of a toddler found on a street in western Sydney in the middle of the night.

The little boy was discovered standing in Chapel Road at Bankstown near the intersection of Canterbury Road by a resident at about 4am (AEST).

He is believed to be aged about 18 months, with a fair complexion, dark hair, blue eyes and a mullet-style haircut with shaved sides.

He was wearing dark blue pyjamas with spaceships on them and a nappy.

The toddler was taken to the police station while police doorknocked homes in the area without success.

Anyone with information about the child is asked to contact Bankstown police station or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

The kids just wander away in the early morning

This happens far to often here

The Australian

The kids just wander away in the early morning

Maybe he was ticked off at the hairstyle they had inflicted on him :) :)

One of my friends had this happen to her. Good enough parents, but deep sleepers and one of the kids got up early and "went out to play" very early one morning and was found in his pj's a few streets away. He was able to tell/ show where his house was but what a fright my friends got when faced with police at daybreak and the wee man still in his jammies. Doors always locked, keys hidden from then on.

Perhaps the fond parents should put a collar on the kids, with an identification tag. Like dogs. I notice that in Ozneil's example, there is mention of the police asking for information, but no mention of the parents 'phoning the police to say they had mislaid their child. I suppose they will learn to lock their doors some time.

Perhaps the fond parents should put a collar on the kids, with an identification tag. Like dogs. I notice that in Ozneil's example, there is mention of the police asking for information, but no mention of the parents 'phoning the police to say they had mislaid their child. I suppose they will learn to lock their doors some time.

Parents probably still asleep. Its still only 8:50 am here

an attempt tae transfer a post:

I hope that this is the no topic thread because I joined a dating site....I love doing the letters which are in response to bios. Mind thurs naebody wantin tae meet me but it is fun.

Am no gonnae mention the name of the site because while they purport tae be a dating service for all ages, their ithur stuff is aw aboot sex....ahm no bethert with what they dae but i wisht they wid stop sending messages tae me aboot 22 year aulds thit are photaed while wearin naughty attire.

Thomas Cook disnae fly the Atlantic durin the winter so am gonnae havtae fly we airtransat....and am rentin a car frae enterprise.

Lawyer is supposed tae return by Wednesday.

tam

ah wis oan the wrang thread.

Thomas Cook, you say? Ah, Thomas Cook wouldn't want you to go to Glasgow at all, tam, 'cos it's full of bad food and rain, apparently. ohmy.gif

http://news.scotsman...void.6538337.jp

Zoe, the author, just wants the tourists to head to Edinburgh, her home town, where the weather is gorgeous. :)

She'll be mad at Lonely Planet:

"A distinctive feature of Edinburgh's weather is the 'haar', a dense, chilly fog that often blows in from the North Sea when the wind is in the east. ..."

Zoe, the author, just wants the tourists to head to Edinburgh, her home town, where the weather is gorgeous. :)

She'll be mad at Lonely Planet:

"A distinctive feature of Edinburgh's weather is the 'haar', a dense, chilly fog that often blows in from the North Sea when the wind is in the east. ..."

Cannae blame them they emigrated to Oz

Cannae blame them they emigrated to Oz

I know LP have a little office there, also in London.

I'm sure even Australia has a few bad points. :(

searchin glasgowwestend seems tae be a lot mair difficult than it was afore the data base filled. Anyone have a suggestion as tae how to dae a search....am looking for something in the 70 tae 80 pages of the "nae topic" thread. I was beginning tae wonder if my old posts had been deleted but did find some.....finding them didnae help my serch because i started tae read aw the ithur stuff; Rolo, Westie, Pat, Peony and many more wrote some really guid stuff.

tam

Yes, i am a sexist pig and yes, i do admit there were guid posts from some males....JJ was one and ahm no mentionin the ithurs because they wull develop swelt heids.

And i can tell yees right noo that i dae miss Westie.

I could and frequently did use the old search programme, with a modicum of success.

searchin glasgowwestend seems tae be a lot mair difficult than it was afore the data base filled. Anyone have a suggestion as tae how to dae a search....am looking for something in the 70 tae 80 pages of the "nae topic" thread. I was beginning tae wonder if my old posts had been deleted but did find some.....finding them didnae help my serch because i started tae read aw the ithur stuff; Rolo, Westie, Pat, Peony and many more wrote some really guid stuff.

tam

Yes, i am a sexist pig and yes, i do admit there were guid posts from some males....JJ was one and ahm no mentionin the ithurs because they wull develop swelt heids.

And i can tell yees right noo that i dae miss Westie.

I could and frequently did use the old search programme, with a modicum of success.

You're no any kind of pig, tam. Sometimes I find things easily using the search facility and sometimes I have trouble. I think it mainly depends on how well I remember the title of the topic.

Why do you say that Tam :rolleyes:

I think he was linking the idea to the fact that he likes the gals on here, Maggs. I thought he was just displaying good taste. <_<

I think he was linking the idea to the fact that he likes the gals on here, Maggs. I thought he was just displaying good taste. :rolleyes:

Aw in the best Burns tradition, right Tam?

"The sweetest hours.... etc."

To All and Sundry:

Early in the day a reply from a charmer on the dating site tells me that she is seeing someone. Thanked me very much and said that she liked my letter. My disappointment was all out of proportion; ah mean naebody has agreed tae meet me so why shuid i be so sure that this lady, of a certain age, wid be the first, and she does have a guid reason for no seein me.

So am oan the web site and going back a wee bit: a lot of really guid stuff by loads of different folk.

Noo am awa for a wee walk and the last three posters read by mahsel are Maggs, Pat and Sgriob....cannae ask for better than that.

tam

I wid hope that Sgriob is gonnae stick aroond....he kens so much mair aboot hame that we, mibee that shuid jist be I, could benfit from his contributions....sorta like adding the french vanilla ice cream tae the warm rhubarb.

A precondition from a lady on the dating site:

"Must have exceptional dental hygiene and all his own teeth": thats me done in.

tam

tam

I widnae fancy the inspection, tam. No oan the first date anyway - bit too intimate. :rolleyes:

tam

Is it a horse or a date she wants?

.sorta like adding the french vanilla ice cream tae the warm rhubarb.

Nuhun pairsonal, Tam, but Ah jist got a terrible urge tae rin tae the lavvy.

Nuhun pairsonal, Tam, but Ah jist got a terrible urge tae rin tae the lavvy.

Souns lik yer gettin no weel, Sgriob. I hink ah huv goat it tae. Ma puir wee heid is ferr burstin wi it aw soit is. Ah wunner wit it kin be ? Ah hink ah mibbe huvnae goat it as bad is ithers mindye.