Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Larrytrooper:

Kind words and i thank you, very much.I was going to answer by PM because not everyone would agree with you: however, am fairly sure,you realize that. Some time past, the subject of encouragement was discussed by mahsel and another glasgowwestender. And because he/she is one of the very best writers i have ever read on-line I was a wee bit surprised at the few messages of encourage he/she received....so thank you Larry.

Harper:

Och c'mon yur needin tae get rid of the tin hat and pit the thinkin cap oan...in re the beauty contest for dugs: Wolfie may very well be your choice BUT Woolfie has been with her mistress for some time and Woolfie would by now have learnt a wee bit aboot graciousness.....Woolfie wid tak one look at Lily and whisper tae Peony "leave us let the lady win, by acclamtion".

And ah hope this disnae alter our friendship....you are a special commodity in very short supply.

tam

PS my charmin companion is sleeping at my feet.....she did a naughty this afternoon but am sure she didnae mean tae...oanyway she did the naughty on a brown rug and mibee she thought she was oan a bald bit of the ootside.

PPS and seein as how the ladies are discussing "feelings"...an aulder couple were having a fiftieth wedding anniversary breakfast. The wife says, "Just thinking, we did this fifty years ago"....hubby says, "ay, but we wur naked"....wife says, "nothin tae stop us from being naked" and promptly strips. Husband joins in the nakedness and the wife says, "hon, my nipples feel just as hot now as i remember them, all those years ago"....hubby says, "am no surprised, the left one is in you tea and the right one is in your porridge".

Ay, she is that:

She has been very guid the day and as a reward she received a potato: she ate it.....i have seen dogs play with a potato for an entire day....mind this diet that she is oan isnae one i wid approve of.....dogs are meat eaters and should have some level of fat in their diet.

tam

Guest westtender

Ay, she is that:

She has been very guid the day and as a reward she received a potato: she ate it.....i have seen dogs play with a potato for an entire day....mind this diet that she is oan isnae one i wid approve of.....dogs are meat eaters and should have some level of fat in their diet.

tam

:unsure:

WTF 'diet' is she on? What age is she?

Will I get the same good results as you, Maggs? :lol:

You could get lucky, peony, mind you Maggs still has the odd little idiosyncrasy - so some further research definitely required. :unsure:

:unsure:

WTF 'diet' is she on? What age is she?

She was getting a can of dog food per day, along with her biscuits. Canned food was discontinued because she had the runs. Problem eradicated but am supposed tae keep her oan the biscuits till the end of the week. Lily and I are making valiant efforts in this regard, wur jist no guid at follayin orders.

My slippers frae a few years ago have been falling intae a state of disrepair and i have been using the duct tape tae extend the life of said slippers.Sometime yesterday we went through the welcome hame routine and i noticed that she hadnae moved my dress shoes.

I took her oot for the pee and back in the hoose she was layin by my feet while i was oan the puter.

She disappeared and I wondered whaur she was;I found her on her blanket, in the dining room. I told her she was a guid girl and she rolled ontae her back. Am strokin the belly and noticed somethin black under her heid. I moved her heid and found a thick patch of duct tape complete with half the sole of my slipper. I telt her in no uncertain terms that she was NOT guid......she nuzzled me and licked my chin...am quite sure that means that she wullnae touch my slippers, again.

tam

The flatulence tells me that it is time for a stroll aroond the backyard.

Wolfie, now that she is older, does get a bit of soft food ever day, but still it's mostly hard crunchy stuff. (Wolfie is almost 13 now.) They are meat eaters and bone chewers. They need to chew on stuff and work their jaws. The cereal in a good dog food will help with the digestive problems.

Guest westtender

She was getting a can of dog food per day, along with her biscuits. Canned food was discontinued because she had the runs. Problem eradicated but am supposed tae keep her oan the biscuits till the end of the week. Lily and I are making valiant efforts in this regard, wur jist no guid at follayin orders.

Well, good... I had visions of you saying that the vet (whose sole mission is to sell you incredibly expensive dug biscuits) was saying that the poor delicate sowell's poor delicate belly was to have nothing but larks tongues, quails eggs, cream and purridge, all to be found incredibly enough in this here brand of incredibly expensive dug biscuits... :P

My slippers frae a few years ago have been falling intae a state of disrepair and i have been using the duct tape tae extend the life of said slippers.Sometime yesterday we went through the welcome hame routine and i noticed that she hadnae moved my dress shoes.

I took her oot for the pee and back in the hoose she was layin by my feet while i was oan the puter.

She disappeared and I wondered whaur she was;I found her on her blanket, in the dining room. I told her she was a guid girl and she rolled ontae her back. Am strokin the belly and noticed somethin black under her heid. I moved her heid and found a thick patch of duct tape complete with half the sole of my slipper. I telt her in no uncertain terms that she was NOT guid......she nuzzled me and licked my chin...am quite sure that means that she wullnae touch my slippers, again.

Acht, ya flamin auld skinflint. If you're patching up slippers - ah mean, forgawdsake! slippers! - wi gaffer tape, here's news for ye - IT'S TIME TO GET A NEW PERR, d'ye hear?? They're no dear!

The flatulence tells me that it is time for a stroll aroond the backyard.

*sigh* aye, know the feeling....

.... ah. You mean the dug.

This thread should be in line for a "priceless" master card commercial....and not a hope that I would dare to choose the "priceless" post.

Without demeaning but totally ignoring the male posters...

Peony....am no the least surprised that you would blush because someone famous, and i cannae mind who it was, said, "men sweat. women perspire and Ladies blush".

Westie....without a doubt you are worth the price of admission.

Hingmie....a shot over someone's bow which might have been a thunderbolt cast by one of the Olympus Gods.

tam

and do i have a super happy Lily....a bit of sickness yesterday caused by too many treats from a grandson...managed tae tak her for a wee drive but she wasnae thrilled. I bought some chicken thighs, did them in the oven with a touch of oil, bottom and top. I left the skin on and took one, properly cooled and broke it up into her biscuits and after she ate was prancin aboot with the energy of a Martha Raye, when she was in her prime. As I type, she is fast asleep in the kitchen, couldnae even mak it through tae her doggy cushion.

This thread should be in line for a "priceless" master card commercial....and not a hope that I would dare to choose the "priceless" post.

Without demeaning but totally ignoring the male posters...

Peony....am no the least surprised that you would blush because someone famous, and i cannae mind who it was, said, "men sweat. women perspire and Ladies blush".

Westie....without a doubt you are worth the price of admission.

Hingmie....a shot over someone's bow which might have been a thunderbolt cast by one of the Olympus Gods.

tam

and do i have a super happy Lily....a bit of sickness yesterday caused by too many treats from a grandson...managed tae tak her for a wee drive but she wasnae thrilled. I bought some chicken thighs, did them in the oven with a touch of oil, bottom and top. I left the skin on and took one, properly cooled and broke it up into her biscuits and after she ate was prancin aboot with the energy of a Martha Raye, when she was in her prime. As I type, she is fast asleep in the kitchen, couldnae even mak it through tae her doggy cushion.

Need to watch out for the treats and drives, tam, sounds as though Lily is perfectly contented with the tasty sannies and midnight walks.

She must be dreaming about where you've been all her life. :(

It's only half past seven and our nights are definitely fare drawin' in. Still, sunshine in September - can it last?

Our nights as well, Pat. It was a very cool day, wonderfully sunny but not sure the temperature ever made it to sixty.

A buddy came over and we went to the Farmer's Market and a few garage sales. He called before he came and said that this was a long pants day. I had been out around seven and didn't notice the cold; jammies on over a very warm robe and Lily draggin me all over the yard.

Her ladyship is sound asleep, at my feet, her heid pressing against my foot....oops, she is having a bad dreamm so a wee bit of petting is in order.

A neighbour lady asked when Lily was leaving and I said, "tomorrow". She says, "you do realize that she might not want to go" and I replied, " oh, sure she will, all those kids and she does love kids"...then the lady says, "phewie, she's got you wrapped around her little finger and she knows it". "Hah, i don't think so", is what i said and the lady sighed, shook her heid and went home, obviously agreeing with what i said.

tam

and noo she is running in her sleep.

And it is my intent to post something, without mentioning Lily.

Guest westtender

Well if you want to feel old, consider this: Here in Houston they are putting on a performance of Tommy. All the kids acting in it were born 30, yes - THIRTY, years after the album was released.

Man.

Know what you mean. Folks' ages, and the years of birth of folk I actually have to deal with for grown up things, are making less and less sense to me. Folks born in the 90s. Hmph. I dinnae like it. :mellow: