Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

May I say that it is a pleasure to have a president that does not embarress me?

There are some things he says and does that I don't agree with, but - I voted for him and I'm glad I did.

He is well thought of here too. Lets hope he & others can find solutions at G20.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May I say that it is a pleasure to have a president that does not embarress me?

There are some things he says and does that I don't agree with, but - I voted for him and I'm glad I did.

Suspect most of us hereabouts are glad too, Peony :lol:

Big welcome for the new president and first lady here this week to the G20 summit. Unfortunately the media coverage has been less than fair, giving more precedence to the (very few) unruly demonstrators rather than giving a balanced reportage of the facts. Hey Ho :(

The first lady was out and about today; read the reportage sure--- but above all, please watch the clip. That's one genuine gal with sound principles. Good on her.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7980012.stm

Yeah, same thought occurred to me too, Peony.

I guess in her position, Michelle Obama could enlist all manner of private tutors so's to take the girls on foreign visits but it doesn't surprise me one iota that they thought better of that and left the girls at home in their familiar routine.

Suspect that may be only one of the reasons Michelle was so human on her school visit today. She must be missing em like hell.

In Michelle's clip it showed her exchanging huggs with a little Muslim girl, complete with head scarf. That photo should be widely broadcast. Would do wonders for US standing & reduce a lot of the grounds for criticism

I think that her mother moved into the white house with them to be a sort of nanny nanny. Until late in the campaign, Michelle had never been away from the girls over night.

She is a interesting character, all right.

Prince Charles decided to take up jogging.Every day, he'd jog past a hooker standing on the same street corner.He learned to brace himself as he approached her for what was almost certain to follow.

"One hundred and fifty pounds!" she'd shout from the curb.No! Five pounds!" He would fire back, just to shut her up.

This ritual between him and the hooker became a daily occurrence.

He'd run by and she'd yell, "One hundred and Fifty pounds!" He'd yell back, "Five pounds!"One day, Camilla decided that she wanted to accompany her 'husband' on his jog.

As the jogging couple neared the working woman's street corner,Prince Charles realised she'd bark her £150 offer and Camilla would wonder what he'd really been doing on all his past outings.

He figured he'd better have a good explanation for his Wife.As they jogged into the turn that would take them past the corner,he became even more apprehensive than usual.Sure enough, there was the hooker. He tried to avoid the prostitute's eyes as she watched the pair jog past.

Then, from her corner, the hooker yelled: "See what you get for five pounds, you tight ######?!"

You see. This is why women are so seldom taken seriously. Whether or not YOU would, I will wager she would not. :lol:

Awe Conntrerr P,

This wizza joke aimed at HH, askin him, before he came oot wae his usual "Ah Would" :(

Prince Charles decided to take up jogging.Every day, he'd jog past a hooker standing on the same street corner.He learned to brace himself as he approached her for what was almost certain to follow.

"One hundred and fifty pounds!" she'd shout from the curb.No! Five pounds!" He would fire back, just to shut her up.

This ritual between him and the hooker became a daily occurrence.

He'd run by and she'd yell, "One hundred and Fifty pounds!" He'd yell back, "Five pounds!"One day, Camilla decided that she wanted to accompany her 'husband' on his jog.

As the jogging couple neared the working woman's street corner,Prince Charles realised she'd bark her £150 offer and Camilla would wonder what he'd really been doing on all his past outings.

He figured he'd better have a good explanation for his Wife.As they jogged into the turn that would take them past the corner,he became even more apprehensive than usual.Sure enough, there was the hooker. He tried to avoid the prostitute's eyes as she watched the pair jog past.

Then, from her corner, the hooker yelled: "See what you get for five pounds, you tight ######?!"

Oh, fnaaar. Hilarious, Heidie. :(

Unfortunately the media coverage has been less than fair, giving more precedence to the (very few) unruly demonstrators rather than giving a balanced reportage of the facts. Hey Ho :(

Which facts would they be, Rolo? You're right about the coverage on the telly. I haven't heard one discussion this week about the lunatic grounding for our economies. Hey ho. :lol:

It would be nice to hear some glue-haired punditoid wonder out loud why thousands of people are taking to the street. Lloyds/HBOS shareholders got more of a shake in one day than demonstrators in London got in a week from the BBC.

AN EXCELLENT DAY ALL ROUND, SAY MEDIA, POLICE AND ANARCHISTS

A GATHERING in central London was greatly enjoyed by all who took part, the organisers have confirmed.

The event, in aid of a variety of causes, was judged 'an unqualified success' despite early fears of bad weather and a lack of blood-soaked violence.

But by mid afternoon the sun was shining and the boisterous crowd had begun to engage in a series of good natured clashes with the police as both sides were cheered on by hundreds of jubilant reporters and cameramen.

Mr William McKay, of the media, said: "Everyone was most helpful, particularly the young man who waited very kindly for the photographers to turn up before throwing a computer through the window of the Royal Bank of Scotland.

"I would also like to thank the police for wasting very little time in getting in amongst it."

Mr Julian Cook, of the anarchists, said: "The police were marvellous. The Commissioner and his team worked very hard to make the day such a great success and I can't thank them enough.

"I think we can all look forward to a memorable season of bloody street battles and violent arrests. Weather permitting!"

Meanwhile Mr Thomas Logan, a police constable, added: "It's the first time I have attended a local event such as this, but luckily I got to knock the absolute flip out of eight hippies. I'm chuffed to bits."

The event was opened by the local celebrity, Mr Russell Brand, who wished everyone a 'splendid day' before inviting any granddaughters over the age of 18 to strip down to their bra and pants and form an orderly queue outside his tent.

:(

AN EXCELLENT DAY ALL ROUND, SAY MEDIA, POLICE AND ANARCHISTS .........................................

.........................The event was opened by the local celebrity, Mr Russell Brand, who wished everyone a 'splendid day' before inviting any granddaughters over the age of 18 to strip down to their bra and pants and form an orderly queue outside his tent.

Brill but I see the Tartan Army sent their apologies which rather lowered the tone of the proceedings

Guest westtender

Brill but I see the Tartan Army sent their apologies which rather lowered the tone of the proceedings

Bollox - I'd just like an explanation as to WTF they've done to their message board

:lol: