Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

:lol:

Me in the morning!

& the evening

& much of the rest of the times as well..... :lol:

"Wufffgrufgrufgrufgrufff!"

But aw the rest of the time ye are a ray of sunshine.

And am guessing there are at least three babies being catered to by a very caring, hard working Mummy robin: saw two mouths, opened wide tae receive sustenance and the top of anithur wee heid.

tam

am so sure if am making the right moves tae get the quote thingmie tae work....barely learnt how tae use the last one and it is history.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OZ:

In reference tae yur post...."one" what ?

tam

i almost missed yur post because i was typin when you wur postin.

Aw sshit!!! Another bloody wan nae that wan

We went to Brazos Bend state park this weekend and found these two characters:

IMG_7256.jpg

and this, nicer fella:

IMG_7266.jpg

We got there early in the morning so we could hear the alligators roaring. It was an amazing gut level sound much like the roar of a lion.

Yesterday:

Pouring rain the entire time. The efternoon saw a visitor attend the seniors Tuesday bridge soiree....well we dae have coffee efter the games. The visitor is an English lady whas name i didnae catch, or mibee jist dinnae remember, and quite attractive; hope she is returnin oan Thursday but one never knows.

Jim won the day, his expertise came through with a resounding victory. I can hardly be anything but gracious seein as how he and Jean are giein us a bike. They are even gonnae try and include a helmit....comments regardin the senselessness of thon last remark wull be ignored.

Earlier this mornin i was castin aspersions oan the Mummy robin. Well she seemed tae have abandoned the wee yains, disappearin sometime yesterday efternoon. I kept thinkin that she had gone back tae her trollopy ways and i was a bit apprehensive: whit wid a body dae with three newborn bairns.

The gentle, lovin, caring wee lassie has returned tae her brood; the wee yains thrilled tae see her.

No long back frae a shoppin trip; the daughter in law took me tae Blenheim. I bought a small block of four year auld chedder and two separate boxes of different crackers.....thon is conjuring up visions of a romantic happenin and mibee, jist mibee thais that scoff at my everlasting hope wull be confounded.

This evening it is movie night. The lass that caters tae us is daein guid work and i wull enjoy the movie, the popcorn, the pop and the company of some oh the nicest folk ye cuid meet.

tam

PS and tomorrow is another day for bridge.......starting frae the day, there are three days tae go afore my bike arrives and i did buy some guid coffee tae celebrate the arrival......i wull offer fritters but Jean wull tell me the urnae guid for me.

I hope you do better than I do with your bike. I bought a second-hand bike a while back. Um, ok nigh on two years ago now, and have not dared to go out with it yet. Summery weather leaves me no excuse, so mibbe sometime ...........

Or perhaps it can just remain as a sort of trip-you-up-as-you-walk-by ornament in the hallway. biggrin.gif

Hamsterbert:

I shall make good use of it; the butcher is a twenty tae thirty minute walk. Three times i have walked tae the butcher and each time it has been closed, noo with the bike it wull be a less than ten minute ride and i do have an inkling of their business hours. Blenheim might take a half hour, or so, but well worth the trip. Blenheim has TWO supermarkets and they sometimes compete, no often but enough tae make it a worthwhile journey. I had a knee operation way back when petrol was fifty cents a gallon and it really gies me the gyp when i dae a lot of walkin, no near as much when using a bike.

tam

PS Tae this day, Hamsterbert posted the best riposte i have ever read on this site. Ay cannae mind who or what it was aboot......gettin auld dis have its drawbacks.

PPS Pat, am well aware of how spoilt i am......jist someone tae cuddly up we seems tae be the only thing missin.

Tam, get yourself a rear view mirror for your bike. I have one on mine and it is a life saver.

Enjoy your bike. My dad always called riding a bike "peddling your legs off to give your ass a ride". :lol:

A Mirror:

I will probably take your advice, Peony, and i wull try and remember no tae be too reliant on it....am thinkin that if i can turn my heid tae look at the pretty ladies it shoudnae be too much of a chore tae glance oe'r my should when usin the bike.

tam

PS yur Dad knew thing or two.

PPS what are you doin oot of bed at this time h mornin ? Och dinnae answer that, thurs still a few things i remember.

Tam, get yourself a rear view mirror for your bike. I have one on mine and it is a life saver.

Enjoy your bike. My dad always called riding a bike "peddling your legs off to give your ass a ride". B)

:lol: I used to always take my bike to Ireland with me and would laugh when folk would say 'I saw you out for a sail on your bike".

Tam, you never know who you might spot in that rear view mirror - you could be cuddling up before too long. :D

I'm getting ready to fly to Ohio to be a grandma for a few days. Ahhhh, bliss!

A new little Rose about to Bloom?

Goods luck & dont freeze in the frozen North

weather predictions:

Next five days....three days of sunshine....two days of "possible" showers....temps 18c to 20c.

tam

Saturday is bike day.

Warning to Gayle & anyone else thinking of buying a fairy outfit.

Friend of ours boought one at Big W and among other goodies such as wings & glitter was a fairy's wand with this notice attached

"WARNINGThis is not a toy"

so be verrrry careful if you buy one for an ankle biter or you never know what you might turn into

In an attempt tae start page 100. Am desperate tae find a partner for a duplicate bridge tourney so i advertized.

DUPLICATE BRIDGE

I am in need of a partner, for the forthcoming senior games tournament.

We all know that Thamesville will play host to the bridge players and some of you may even know the date.

Beginning the day this tournament was announced, my PO Box has been inundated with requests from people; people begging that I choose them to be my partner. My e-mail has an almost unlimited amount of space and still I need to use my delete function every three or four days. Half of all these requests are from the surrounding area and the other half are from outside the country, however, my heart is set on a partner whose loyalty is owned by the Ridgetown activity centre.

A few words about myself for those who are not fully aware of me.....honesty is the bed rock of my foundation.....George Washington pales when compared to me..... I would never say or write anything but truth. At twenty-nine I was six foot two inches, dark wavy hair and handsome as all get out: a few physical changes have taken place because of the aging process. I am a very conservative player, not prone to doubling and the holder of many trophies.

If I were to ask for a male partner, many would cry "sexism" and I would hasten to say, "not true". As already stated, I would choose a partner from our bridge group and if that partner happened to be one of our ladies, my attention to the game at hand might be lessened because we do have many, many lovely ladies and my thoughts might stray.

tam

or

leave name with the kid Sharron.

:o

Pants on fire!!!

on another thread:

THREE, no one but THREE icons from the cyber wurld of glasgowwestend have asked, nae, BESEECHED me tae try again for the record shattering post...and here am are.

The day in the wee Burg is breathtakingly beautiful. At half seven the weather called for a light sweater but the skies were a beautiful shade of blue; the blue stretched from here tae kingdom come.

The Mummy robin was missing and once again I leapt to the wrong conclusion. The bairns, at least one of them, gave every indication of leaving the nest. The bold wee bizzum cannae fly, as yet, and I was thinking of trying tae rig a sheet so that she wid be caught if she took the giant step intae space. However the darlin wee Mummy did return with breakfast.

Today is the day my world gets a lot larger; the bike wull mean am no tethered tae the Burg and can galavant tae all of the surrounding communities. Am gonnae let yees know if there is a mirror already in place and if there isnae am gonnae buy one: as a beautiful lady once remarked....ye never know what ye can catch in a rear view mirror.

And afore I submit this record setter.......westie, to yursel i wid never tell a lie, no for any reason in the wurld.

tam

well, mibee a wee lie depending what i wid gain.