Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Jist at the side of each post we make, there are a few words under "interests"....anyone ken how tae change the words ? Am no sure whit mine says.

tam

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are two symbols, a plus and a minus, at the bottom of each post....gonnae tell us that thon urnae for rating purposes ? CBC comments page(s) have "approve" and "disapprove" and this facility has become a joke, especially when the topic is political.

tam

Guest westtender

PMs:

no long ago i tried tae send a couple of PMs and was telt that the second wid havtae wait...seems ye cuidnae send two in a row

Yep, and wasn't that a damned nuisance!!

...less, of course, it was one PM sent tae more than one person at the same time. This morning, well efternoon if ye are back hame, I did two within minutes of each other....a think they baith went.

wid this be part of the update from Jimbo ?

tam

That would definitely be an improvement in the board functionality.

Guest westtender

Jist at the side of each post we make, there are a few words under "interests"....anyone ken how tae change the words ? Am no sure whit mine says.

tam

Ye need to go into your profile settings to amend them...

1.Go right up to the top right hand of your screen, above Pat's wee cartoon face pic on the right, where you should see yourself as signed in.

2. Click on your name.

3. In the drop down menu that appears, click on 'My Profile'.

4. You'll see your profile page. At the top of that page, (again next to Pat's wee cartoon face), you'll see 'Edit My Profile'. Click that.

5. Check out the options on the left of the page, and diddle about in there.

Don't forget to save any changes.

Excellent instructions. Mission accomplished.

Funnily enough the type oan my profile page is a wee bit different and legible....the words we the qu in them wur supposed tae read "especially".

tam

The Wee Story Forum:

Anyone ken if i'm barred frae the wee story forum or was there simply a general house cleaning ?

tam

No way are you barred looks like glitch somewhere

Ozzie's right Tam, it'll be a teknikul glitch. If ye hud been barred, fur sum strange reason, ye wid huv received sum kinna eksplanyshin.

Whit makes ye think yer barred onywiy? Kin ye no' access it, ur kin ye no' make new posts oan it, ur whit?

Och, ay wis awa we the budgies; should have explained. The "Parties" and ithur stuff i had written on that thread, wur removed tae clear space on the data base, as explained by Pat.

tam

Sharing the hoose:

High oan a ledge on one of the support columns, for the front porch, a robin has made her nest. She disnae leave when am sittin oan the porch and i dae believe that her offspring have arrived. I am already informed that she will make a mess and am no worried; garage sales this weekend so wull be lookin tae buy a hose.....also a bike; it's no a big toon but the butcher shop is a half hour hike. No oanly that, mibee Blenheim wull be within biking distance and ay dae need tae go thair....oan ocassion.

tam

thinkin of a lawyer and the only word that comes tae mind is malfeasance......no really sure if the word applies tae lawyers.

nearly eight months and nothing has changed....he did make some phone calls, mostly unnecessary, but nae court appearances, and noo he wants another $4,500.00...am telt that the Canadian Bar Association wullnae care but am aboot tae find if that is true or no.

First Showing:

Earlier, this morning, I was treated to a glimpse of a new arrival; one baby robin, mouth agape, waiting for the Mummy robin tae supply nourishment. The Mummy is awfy sma compared tae the average Canadian robin.

And mibee, within the robin community, she wid be viewed as no a "nice lassie".........there are always three or four male robins hangin aboot and thais guys are quite large.

tam

Guest westtender

:o

There's bats in my attic.... :o

I know they're protected and I cannae disturb them, but they're getting down into the wall behind the bed.... and they're scritch scritch scritching all night long. Very close to my head....

:o

Still.. the nightly acrobatics are absolutely amazing. As are the swallows.

Westie:

I widnae trade my robins for your bats. Oan the ithur hand, being woken, in the middle of the night, might no be bad for thais that have someone tae while awa the time with.

Some years past, we had a bat in the hoose; came in by way of the pipe for an exhaust fan which didnae have a cover. It arrived in the computer room and we opened the windae and it gravitated tae the screen. The wife tried tae catch it in a towel but we wur afraid it was gonnae hurt itself tryin tae escape; kept hitting the window frame and the screen.

We closed the windae and i went ootside and cut the screen awa. It was broad daylight and the bat made a hasty exit. Back in the hoose and the wife has her towel, says, "he's back". The wife got the bat back intae the computer room while i was putting a cover, oan the pipe.

tam

Guest westtender

Westie:

I widnae trade my robins for your bats. Oan the ithur hand, being woken, in the middle of the night, might no be bad for thais that have someone tae while awa the time with.

Much woe unto he who disturbs my slumbers, whether furry critter or otherwise! Not a good idea.

There's a bird feeder outside the livingroom windae, but all I mainly get is wee cheepy sparras and bluetits. Nothing exotic. Still, they're nice to watch.

Some years past, we had a bat in the hoose; came in by way of the pipe for an exhaust fan which didnae have a cover. It arrived in the computer room and we opened the windae and it gravitated tae the screen. The wife tried tae catch it in a towel but we wur afraid it was gonnae hurt itself tryin tae escape; kept hitting the window frame and the screen.

We closed the windae and i went ootside and cut the screen awa. It was broad daylight and the bat made a hasty exit. Back in the hoose and the wife has her towel, says, "he's back". The wife got the bat back intae the computer room while i was putting a cover, oan the pipe.

tam

I gather you're supposed to just open all the windows and it'll find its way out quick enough. Making a lot of noise and trying to guide them out just confuses and stresses them.

There's lots of possums around here and they make a lot of noise running across our colourbond roof. Like a pack of elephants. Also the neighbours dogs bark at them incessantly (mine don't as they sleep indoors). Also if you haven't heard the noise a possum makes then I can't explain it to you - like a screechy growl and not at all what you would expect to come out of such a cute, fluffy creature!

Guest westtender

I found a tiny recording of the brush tail possum growl - it's such a strange noise!

My link

:angry:

Me in the morning!

& the evening

& much of the rest of the times as well..... :lol:

"Wufffgrufgrufgrufgrufff!"

There's lots of possums around here and they make a lot of noise running across our colourbond roof. Like a pack of elephants. Also the neighbours dogs bark at them incessantly (mine don't as they sleep indoors). Also if you haven't heard the noise a possum makes then I can't explain it to you - like a screechy growl and not at all what you would expect to come out of such a cute, fluffy creature!

Our possums practice clog dancing on the roof at 3am :lol: Then fight and yell at each other to decide who has one