Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spent a few minutes at the bus stop this morning with a man who lives in the same flats as us. He’s 95 and far more active than me.

Today he’s dressed in his Blue Blazer and light trouser ensemble with a peaked cap to keep the sun out. Off to pick up his money then a hired kilt for a wedding at the weekend. Suddenly he starts telling me a dirty joke and I beat him to the punch line which makes him and I laugh out loud.

Men talk: Makes your day. :lol:

Guest westtender

Rubbish. Dog's will shag anything !!

Correct, in most cases. Doesn't mean they're gay.

There are at least 2 bitches in heat around KG right now and believe me, it is canine chaos out there.

Quite a tension filled situation actually... it's the school holidays and the park is packed with oblivious yummies and toddlers and dogs hyped to the max.

I spent a few minutes at the bus stop this morning with a man who lives in the same flats as us. He’s 95 and far more active than me.

Today he’s dressed in his Blue Blazer and light trouser ensemble with a peaked cap to keep the sun out. Off to pick up his money then a hired kilt for a wedding at the weekend. Suddenly he starts telling me a dirty joke and I beat him to the punch line which makes him and I laugh out loud.

Men talk: Makes your day. ;)

Sounds like the big boy is leading you astray, LG. Think he would have some sense at his age. :lol:

From Today's Australian

Gordon Brown vows Australian vote reforms

* Peter Wilson, Europe correspondent

* April 09, 2010 12:00AM

BRITAIN is almost certain to adopt Australian-style voting reforms following promises of major change by Gordon Brown and private plans by Conservative rivals to copy some aspects of our electoral system.

The British Prime Minister said yesterday that the May 6 general election should be the last held under the traditional voting system, vowing to adopt Australia's "alternative vote" or preferential ballot system for the House of Commons and to replace the unelected House of Lords with a fully elected upper house that is expected to be called a senate ....................................

...........David Cameron's Conservatives, or Tories, will use elements of the Australian system to draw up legislation aimed at removing some of the more archaic aspects of the centuries-old system of running Westminster's "mother of all parliaments", such as its outdated rules for trying to maintain fair constituency boundaries..

full report

Pat:

I did see the add for singles and i ken fine that this is you being nice tae me but am no really single, am i ? Perhaps the owners of the single site should specify, "single or no single but disnae care". Thats me tryin tae be helpful.

tam

Oz...many sports team tournaments now use the "Paige play-off formula", an Oz creation which many folk like.

And noo it looks as if we are gonnae have an elected senate.....Libs wanted one years ago and the Cons fought it, noo the Cons are in power and they have decided it is a guid idea...the Libs wanted tae model oor senate after the Oz version: probably wullnae happen because the Cons wull want tae take fool credit and thon isnae a typo.

And noo it looks as if we are gonnae have an elected senate.....Libs wanted one years ago and the Cons fought it, noo the Cons are in power and they have decided it is a guid idea...the Libs wanted tae model oor senate after the Oz version: probably wullnae happen because the Cons wull want tae take fool credit and thon isnae a typo.

Aye its not a bad system for electing the Senate..

There are 12 Senators elected from each of the 6 state & 2 from eacch of the 2 territories Each Senator is elected for 6 years (2 parliamentary terms) with half the senate elected at each parliamentary election, territories 3 years only .

With the "Preferential" voting system there are a hell of a lot of candidates from all sorts of wierd parties (eg land rights for gay whales party .....well mibbee not but just as wierd). Last election there were 96 candidates. To get over this you can vote "above the line" where groups are nominated eg the Libs could be Group B And voting 1 for them would also cast you vote in the order the libs advised. You can of course vote sequentially for any number of candidates you fancy

Stumbled across this site while looking for something entirely different. Its photoes from a Helicopter up & down east Coast of NSW & Queensland. Nice pics of the Snowy Mountains

make a wish & click

Nice shots & captions

Can spend hours following the Rotorheads travels

:unsure::angry:B)

Did I see you yesterday firing dead fast down Byres, Millie? Me and the wean were sat at the window of Little Italy.

You were away past before I'd the chance to wave ;)

You make me very homesick with posts like that ;)

It's like the WE is a wee village "where everybody knows your name...and they're always....." :lol:

from "The Scotsman":

A message tae update my profile. Ah bit surprised because hadnae heard frae them in over a year. Did the changes aboot movin and, jist this mornin, received an e-mail tellin me tae claim my photae album. Tae claim am needin tae up/down load some favoured photaes and i get the twelve page album. There is a claiment number and it disnae say that it cannae be transferred.....oanybody interested and it is yours.

tam

the last time i had somethin free tae gie away, the gift was twelve bottles of wine....honest tae guidness naebody wanted it....one lassie wrote and said that the wine was bloody awful.

And:

where is "Gangster's Moll" ? Anyone ken if she is noo has her doctorate ? She did some very guid posts and some of her confrontations with "westtender" were well worth the price of admission.

tam

PS saw Hingmie's name a wee while back so she is still we us...NO CONTRIBUTIN MIND.

PMs:

no long ago i tried tae send a couple of PMs and was telt that the second wid havtae wait...seems ye cuidnae send two in a row...less, of course, it was one PM sent tae more than one person at the same time. This morning, well efternoon if ye are back hame, I did two within minutes of each other....a think they baith went.

wid this be part of the update from Jimbo ?

tam

Och........

and here's me thinkin that because glasgowwestend is doon for the entire day the managmint is gonnae add a "next topic" at the top of each page......oh well, mibee next year.

tam

naebody can deny that this is diifrint.