Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Weejies speak at one hell of a rate, that and the missing "T" took some getting used too. Even now a weejie in full flight is barely understandable. Mind you Queenslanders speak with a slow drawl so the difference is very marked.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hadtae get an upgrade for the mac:

needed tae go from a 10.3.9 tae a 10.4tiger. Bought what i thought was the correct disc for the instillation. Turns oot it wasnae and the supplier sent an e-mail tae me. Am jist off the phone we them and they wur fantastic. Wefixmacs based in California are gonnae make a set of discs for me at nae additional costs and the lassie had a voice sweet enough tae mac an auld man yearn.

tam

LOL or over here in Fermanagh where they generally tend to speak at a slower pace :lol: compared to the "flying Glaswegian" here. I'm finishing their stories before they even thought of them. Rude I know but it drives me nuts :D

Ha, Iona. The problem over here is that the southerners speak very slowly and thus many northerners assume they have just come from the movie Deliverance. In the north we are snappier, but not necessarily smarter. ;)

It cannae be mair than a week ago thit thur wis eight inches of snaw in the driveway. Temps have hovered aroond fifty and the five day forcast has predictid centigrade measurements of thirteen tae fifteen degrees.

Yesterday was an eleven scratch ticket day; seven three dollar winners followed by three five dollar winners. At the end of ten am three dollars ahead: ticket eleven was a loser so ay broke even.

Walking tae the variety shop, yesterday, am hearin the geese. Drizzly rain and low clouds so ay cuidnae see them but they dae thur honking; probably music tae the ears of other geese. And this mornin saw mah furst robin of the year: maks a body wonder seein as its no past the middle of March.

tam

tonight am visitin the grandchildren, sleepin over as well.

ay and ay hadtae look-up "glottal"

our newest member is awfy pretty.; young annaw. John Denver might have written her hame State's anthem, but am no sure.

Wondered wit the attraction is, ahmean men flock tae this site because the women are sae attractive but apart frae mahsel the pickins for the femmes are slim indeed.

Mibee the political comments have caught her ee and she is planning oan reading them until she dies of boredom...then again mibee no.

tam

Eureka, ay have the answer: her intent is tae visit the land of my birth and have Pat and HH show her the real Glesgae....smart thinking young lady they are a couple of gems...and get Rolo and Lynnski organize a swally....visit whaurever Dex is entertaining and see the Chip for a reasonable explanation why a certain period of history is known as the "obscure ages"...HH wull help ye we that but an historian wullnae agree we a word he says.

ah'm waitin:

the son is tae come for me and am gonnae be spending the night we a number of my grandchildren.

tam

PS the ithur day i did the laundry, pit clean cheets oan the bed and attracted nothin....bloody ridiculous way for a youthful man like mahsel tae live.

here its still in 20s°C during day. Be another month at least before we get any significant drop in temperature (unless of course the warmists are right then we wont)

These are the same warmists predicted more drought. We have had the best rains for 30 years in the outback, flooding, rivers running, lakes & dams filling. Our own dams are 60% full before the start of "winter".

It will take the run off from the floods in Queensland outback about 2-3 months to make its way down the Murray-Darling to the sea.

our newest member is awfy pretty.; young annaw. John Denver might have written her hame State's anthem, but am no sure.

Wondered wit the attraction is, ahmean men flock tae this site because the women are sae attractive but apart frae mahsel the pickins for the femmes are slim indeed.

Mibee the political comments have caught her ee and she is planning oan reading them until she dies of boredom...then again mibee no.

tam

Eureka, ay have the answer: her intent is tae visit the land of my birth and have Pat and HH show her the real Glesgae....smart thinking young lady they are a couple of gems...and get Rolo and Lynnski organize a swally....visit whaurever Dex is entertaining and see the Chip for a reasonable explanation why a certain period of history is known as the "obscure ages"...HH wull help ye we that but an historian wullnae agree we a word he says.

Could be, tam, could be. Or maybe she was just spam? :lol:

Hope you have a great time with the grandkids and keep up the good work in the laundry.

Oz, 20 degrees sounds perfect to me. There's still snow on the Campsies but now gone from the Kilpatricks.

I just read that they are going to introduce immigration reform here. One of the things they want to do is to make all workers have social security cards that carry biometric identification. Can anyone say 1984?

Seems like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut to me.

Though some sections of the right wing press here are giving it laldy about 'immigrants taking British jobs' and so on. There's a rampant coterie of idiots in the UKE that would believe that, usually those with an undue sense of entitlement that's completely at odds with their qualifications for any job.

Oh don't start me, Peony :)

Once again to change subject. The University Thread thingo reminded me.

A zillion years ago I used to travel daily by ferry from Manly to Circular Quay (just over half an hour).

South20Steyne.jpg

Manly Ferry (South Steyne)

For a while 2 very young girl students (all whispers, giggles & blushes) at the Conservetorium of Music used to entertain the passengers with violin duets anything from the classics to wild Irish jigs. They were good, they have to be to be at the "Con".

It was a lovely way to start the day.

Apparently one of the crew had teased them for a quite a few days with "hows about a tune today?" eventually they succumbed & we got treated to wonderful music & they made a few bob. I noticed their bags were stowed in a "Crew Only" place so obviously done with crew turning a blind eye(deaf ear??)

It was bound to be against some pettifogging rules but hey this is Sydney. After these 2 kids left no more were allowed though some "buskers" do try but they get short shrift

I did say it was Sydney!!!

For such a large city it has certainly retained a sense of fun I have not found elsewhere.

Once again to change subject. The University Thread thingo reminded me.

A zillion years ago I used to travel daily by ferry from Manly to Circular Quay (just over half an hour).

South20Steyne.jpg

Manly Ferry (South Steyne)

For a while 2 very young girl students (all whispers, giggles & blushes) at the Conservetorium of Music used to entertain the passengers with violin duets anything from the classics to wild Irish jigs. They were good, they have to be to be at the "Con".

It was a lovely way to start the day.

Apparently one of the crew had teased them for a quite a few days with "hows about a tune today?" eventually they succumbed & we got treated to wonderful music & they made a few bob. I noticed their bags were stowed in a "Crew Only" place so obviously done with crew turning a blind eye(deaf ear??)

It was bound to be against some pettifogging rules but hey this is Sydney. After these 2 kids left no more were allowed though some "buskers" do try but they get short shrift

I did say it was Sydney!!!

For such a large city it has certainly retained a sense of fun I have not found elsewhere.

Did they build all of those tourist attractions deliberately on the route of the ferry?

Did they build all of those tourist attractions deliberately on the route of the ferry?

Naw they had to build the bridge there to hold the flags up. They are each about the size of a double decker bus

The Opera House is built on a tram depot site & they had to do something with it when they did away with trams

The little stone fort in the Harbour is Sydney's defence against the Russians was built in 1850s. It is called Fort Dennison, before that they used to put unruly convicts on the island. It was then called "Pinchgut"

The big crane is there so that it wasn't far from the Naval Depot (Garden Island) & could reach the ships

The ferry passing the other way is a sister ship of the one the video was taken from

Naw they had to build the bridge there to hold the flags up. They are each about the size of a double decker bus

The Opera House is built on a tram depot site & they had to do something with it when they did away with trams

The little stone fort in the Harbour is Sydney's defence against the Russians was built in 1850s. It is called Fort Dennison, before that they used to put unruly convicts on the island. It was then called "Pinchgut"

The big crane is there so that it wasn't far from the Naval Depot (Garden Island) & could reach the ships

The ferry passing the other way is a sister ship of the one the video was taken from

;):lol: brilliant, what's that carrot infested green slick trailing behind it ;)

many years ago we used to go sea fishing out of saltcoats harbour on an old 30 ft converted life boat. We went once in weather just a little rougher than that, boat got tossed all over the place but we had a brilliant days fishing, including some Welsh tourists catching a shark - to land the shark we considered throwing someone overboard :lol:

a visitor:

Lady, working for Statistics Canada, came to the hoose the day and asked a few questions for a survey. The lady is Polish and quite attractive....mibee late forties.

I telt her, "your the first guid lookin woman that has come tae call"....she telt me she's married.

tam

a very attractive part of her character is that she thoroughly enjoys laughter.