Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wouldn't be so disruptive in Glasgow I don't think. The tram rails are all pretty much intact under the tarmac. Strip a few layers down on most of the main routes and bob's yer auntie.

I'd like to see trams back in Glasgow. Clean, efficient, fast; beat the morons that sit in traffic in their single-occupancy cars... why not?

The trams certainly have a romantic appeal but other than that I am a bit unsure of their benefits. I'm not sure if the old tram lines, if they are there, would do the job for this century's new models. :(

Peony:

am awfy sorry aboot Wolfie. Furst thing that came tae mind was the weather and wonderin if this is his furst winter awa frae the cold weather.

tam

Peony:

am awfy sorry aboot Wolfie. Furst thing that came tae mind was the weather and wonderin if this is his furst winter awa frae the cold weather.

tam

Yes, hope he picks up quickly, peony, distressing for both of you.

She's 12.5 years old and seems to be having some problems with liver function. Not alarming, but could turn so. She's on medication for for three months, so keep your fingers crossed.

Tam this will be her third "warm" winter. Winter is the only time she really likes to be outside down here. Most of the time, otherwise, she spends indoors. Chows are prone to heat exhaustion and are, at heart, couch potatoes so air conditioning is her friend. In Idaho I used to come home from work and there would be a pile of snow a little bigger than all the other snow and it would be Wolfie with her nose tucked to her tail just sleeping away. She had a very good and warm dog house, she just liked the snow. :(:lol:

Good luck with Wolfie, Peony, although I guess 12.5 is probably an old age for a dog her size?

Here is a link to some great piccies from the big storm we had in Melbourne yesterday. Luckily here up in the high country we only got the heavy rain which we needed.

Melboourne storm

Good luck with Wolfie, Peony, although I guess 12.5 is probably an old age for a dog her size?

Here is a link to some great piccies from the big storm we had in Melbourne yesterday. Luckily here up in the high country we only got the heavy rain which we needed.

Melboourne storm

Glad you missed hail Gayle. Great pics.

Apparently according to climate expert Tim Flannery's prediction in 2007, with all this Global Warming, Australia is becoming much drier& the dams will be nearly empty Arent you glad? would hate to see it wetter :(

Let's know how that query goes, HH?

Well, the consensus of opinion among my 'Transport Enthusiast' friends is that while there may indeed be some small sections of track remaining in various places, the majority were lifted shortly after the demise of the Trams.

Haudin ma hauns up here. You're right. I will admit to being somewhat tired and emotional that night, after a sair week. I dinnae understand what the hell I was trying to say either!

*ahem*

< blush >

The above quote was taken from another thread. Ah moved it tae here soas no tae break the continuity of the serious discussion taking place........A very guid post Westie, on many levels.

Also, the photae with "The Mitchell" printed across the centre....is thon on the building or it the photograph housed in the Mitchell library ?

tam

and pray tell, who took the photae and ah wee bit of information might be in order as tae exact location.

:(

Excellent pic LG. I grew up looking at that view every day.

He's fiddling wi' the colours, ah tell ye. Same principle as airbrushing, only it disnae cause anorexia when ye dae it wi' scenery.

Guest westtender

He's fiddling wi' the colours, ah tell ye. Same principle as airbrushing, only it disnae cause anorexia when ye dae it wi' scenery.

I've seen that view in every colour under the sun.

Ye can keep yer St Ives... the Ayrshire coast has the loveliest light.

Guest westtender

Is the picture of Arran?

Still with snow on the mountains in March??.

Yup; the hills are still frozen solid and snow covered hereabouts.

Arran on a very clear day last summer - these pics don't do it justice:

Arran.jpg

sleepingwarrior.jpg

I never tire of that view.

Haudin ma hauns up here. You're right. I will admit to being somewhat tired and emotional that night, after a sair week. I dinnae understand what the hell I was trying to say either!

*ahem*

< blush >

The above quote was taken from another thread. Ah moved it tae here soas no tae break the continuity of the serious discussion taking place........A very guid post Westie, on many levels.

Also, the photae with "The Mitchell" printed across the centre....is thon on the building or it the photograph housed in the Mitchell library ?

tam

and pray tell, who took the photae and ah wee bit of information might be in order as tae exact location.

I'm afraid we've lost the lovely photo, tam, that was the copyright warning written across it. Tut! tut!, HH.

The name of this creek has always appealed to me

000_0866.jpg

Coal & Candle Creek

Its actually named after a Scot who obviously had a very thick accent. He was a timber getter & lived on its banks.

Say it out loud in your best/worst Scots accent see if you can get it.

Sevril scam e-mails responded tae yisturday, showin a positive innurest. Ah goat two replies thus faur an' huv sent thum the info rekwestit (false info nachurly).

Ah huv noo rekwestit spessifik foties fae baith parties an' wull post thum oan here if they ur dumb enuff tae fa' fur it.

:lol: Mind and let us know if you get a response, JJ. Even if they're robots.