Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Australian Political advertising & police efficiency, they are extremely short of cops here

click

LATER a response

I knew that Kevin sucked but I didn’t know a day had been organised to commemorate it.

What will you be doing on the innaugural “Kevin Rudd Sucks Day” on March 7th?

Are there community events planned?

Will there be family friendly activities organised as I’d like to get my kids involved?

For once clowns seem appropriate.

Aren't politics fascinating

Port Douglas - 10 nights, planning to do reef and rainforest tours and lots of flopping on the beach!

Im dead jealous its the most fantastic part of Oz . I built a $2mill house, behind it on a hill, called "the Anchorage" overlooking the sea

Port_douglas_qld_australia.jpg

Cruise out to Lowe Islands is magic. lots of snorkelling. Gear provided by operator. Daintree forest is fantastic

low_isles.jpg

Low%20Isles%20sc%201.jpg

I can't wait. I have been there as a 13 year old but my husband and kids have never been that far north. I want to go on the Kuranda scenic railway and the girls will love the butterfly sanctuary and crocodile farm. We are going to get some snorkelling gear and teach the girls how to use it so we can take them onto the reef as well. Will be wonderful right in the heart of our winter to have a sunny break.

I lived in an outback town west of Townsville for a few years as a kid and I distinctly remember my first day at school being shocked as kids arrived barefoot or quickly kicked their shoes off as they entered the classroom :lol: took me a while to build up enough callouses on my feet to be able to do that myself! Those kids could walk across a field of bindi eyes (nasty prickles) without blinking an eye.

Used to run about everywhere in bare feet as a kid. Never ever thought of snakes or spiders in long grass. Used to pick up a few leeches from time to time in the creeks (rub them with salt & they drop off)

Peony:

I had a look at their web site and read the list of their contributers and was amazed: so many great writers and most formed a long relationship with the mag......Dorothy Parker, Benchley, Fitzgerald, Hemmingway, Salinger...and the list goes on and on. And the magazine made many a President cringe.

tam

Right now I'm reading a book called "Travels With Myself and Another" by Martha Gellhorn, who was married to Hemingway for a while. They went all over the world. They met lots of world leaders before they were world leaders. That book often mentions one or both of them having to finish something up for the New Yorker magazine, like it was finishing up a note home or something. That must have been quite a circle to occupy.

Right now I'm reading a book called "Travels With Myself and Another" by Martha Gellhorn, who was married to Hemingway for a while. They went all over the world. They met lots of world leaders before they were world leaders. That book often mentions one or both of them having to finish something up for the New Yorker magazine, like it was finishing up a note home or something. That must have been quite a circle to occupy.

Sounds like an interesting book, peony, and what a circle right enough - fascinating.

Tam, that sure is an impressive list.