Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Danni Minogue:

I wull dae a google.

And....my in-box is 74% full which means i need tae dae some pruning....some awfy guid writin has tae be removed so am gonnae open a folder oan my desk top........HH is smirkin cos he disnae think i can manage that

tam

we shall see

jist as soon as i find my "macs for dummies"

This post has been moved from the wal-mart thread:

Peony: About Pat:

Ah'm no sure how Pat views hersel and i cannae remember any conversations aboot weight. My guess is that she isnae bothert aboot weight and am no sure that she wid want tae lose any. She is deffo a people person and i didnae meet a soul that wasnae pleased when they saw her, ken when ye run intae folk or ye stop at a place for lunch. Mind she does have sparkly eyes and she enjoys laughin.

Nota:- are you surprised that naebody jumped right ontae yur confession aboot cross-dressing ? I did think a couple of posters wid have voiced disapproval but maist oan here believe in let and let live.

tam

PS I also remember Maggs, Rolo Westie and Lynnski but if i took the time to describe all of their good points, i wid be here for a long, long time.

PPS Mind Westie widnae let me meet her dug.

This post has been moved from the wal-mart thread:

Peony: About Pat:

Ah'm no sure how Pat views hersel and i cannae remember any conversations aboot weight. My guess is that she isnae bothert aboot weight and am no sure that she wid want tae lose any. She is deffo a people person and i didnae meet a soul that wasnae pleased when they saw her, ken when ye run intae folk or ye stop at a place for lunch. Mind she does have sparkly eyes and she enjoys laughin.

Nota:- are you surprised that naebody jumped right ontae yur confession aboot cross-dressing ? I did think a couple of posters wid have voiced disapproval but maist oan here believe in let and let live.

tam

PS I also remember Maggs, Rolo Westie and Lynnski but if i took the time to describe all of their good points, i wid be here for a long, long time.

PPS Mind Westie widnae let me meet her dug.

Aye Thanks Tam fur remindin them, jist in case they missed it :lol:

What ho !

Has any one spotted a shop that sells Spanish style fans in Glasgow ?

hand-fans.jpg

Any colour will do !

Many thanks to lynski who spotted some Chinese fans...... search is still on for the Spanish variety - they looked at me a bit weirdly at Pollok house & the Burell place ! ! ! !!

Many thanks to lynski who spotted some Chinese fans...... search is still on for the Spanish variety - they looked at me a bit weirdly at Pollok house & the Burell place ! ! ! !!

Roly mae be aff on her winter visit tae el spanyol, she may be able tae pik yoo up sumthin if yoo ask her nicely

Scorzio

That's just their torn faces. Definitely had fans, my daughter got one along with chopsticks and a book about ancient Egypt (she's a fusion kinda gal)

So I can support local business ? Y'know, not help to close everything down and add more fuel the.... jeez that's hot ! ! :rolleye

Yeah, probably e bay at the weekend !

If local business cannot supply your needs, then what's a person to do. :rolleyes:

Buckfast ! :rolleyes:

You're no gonna solve your problems like that, LG. :D

Talking about problems - Jim took my Mac book up to the Apple Store - having booked an appointment with a 'genius'. There's a problem accessing certain information when Flash is used. However, the genius' response was that this was not a 'known problem'. He had a wee tinker to no avail.

When I turned my machine back on the text was in German. :( That's genius for you. :D

Poor Wolfie had to go to the vet today. She loves visiting the ladies who work there but when it's her time to go to the exam room, she runs to the outside door and tries to open it.

Poor dog!!! I know the feeling. I suffer badly from the white coat syndrome. Specially dentists.

PS I found out why they wear masks its coz their bills are highway robber

AW real frontier stuff

POLICE took extra care with some wayward youngsters found wandering the streets of a beachside suburb north of Brisbane overnight.

While patrolling near Donkin Street and Flinders Parade in Scarborough, the police came across a number of tiny turtle hatchlings on the road just before 11pm (AEST) yesterday.

The officers helped some locals guide the hatchlings to the water's edge and the last of them were safely on their way just after midnight.

A police spokeswoman said the turtles were believed to be from a nearby rookery

Are maps better than sat navs?

:huh: Good question, gladtae. Sometimes we require a combination. Good job we know the way home because when we arrive at our street Jane (that's our sat nav wummin) tells us to turn left instead of right. :lol:

am no sure, either:

I had the daughter's car, for a wee while. She has the GPS holder oan the windscreen. Ridgetown is south of the 401 and Chatham is. twenty miles west and to the north of the 401. Am drivin tae the son's hoose and a grandson turns oan the GPS (the son lives no far frae Chatham).

I turn off the 401 and wur headed for Chatham. Turn ontae highway forty and the grandson says, "we need to turn around because Chatham is in the other direction". I says, "only if they moved it since my last visit". Grandson insists because he has been to the son's hoose many mair times than mahsel.

I finally resort tae, "ay, ah think yur right, ah jist want tae see whaur this goes and i wull turn aroond at the next big intersection".

Next big intersection and he sees the arrow pointin tae the left, and the inscription, "Chatham business section".

Mind the GPS was definitely directing us tae go in thje opposite direction.....the daughter says it does that, on occasion.

tam

They are a must here when you leave the "bitumen" and are on dirt roads. But you need a good map to use with them.

Main feature is that it gives you an accurate position. Also if you put in your "way-points" properly there is little likelyhood of getting lost.

Story of guy that set his sat -nav for the journey from Alice Springs to Darwin,

SN "turn riight out of motel Courtyard in 1/4 mile turn right onto Stuart Highway. Proceed straight ahead for next 1,600km"

Several hours later

SN "we are not there yet , God this is boring"

More hours

"we are approaching 3-ways keep straight on...... do you really need me?"

much later

"WE are at Katherine proceed staight on through traffic lights on Stuart Highway .... oh the excitement"

Much much later

"Thank god heres Darwin .. Now where did you want to go"