Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Rolo and Oz good advice!

Waiting to get to the orthopedic dept of Derry hospital

waiting=9 weeks :lol:

If an industrial accident shouldnt Insurance company be paying for you to go private?

Ye Goads Brown has found a way to tax us

TRADE Minister Simon Crean has urged Britain to scrap its latest airfare tax hike, arguing it discriminates against people travelling to Australia.

The British Government began increasing its air passenger duty in November 2009, saying the higher taxes would help compensate for the effect of air travel on the environment.

The higher taxes are based on how far a passenger is travelling, with those booked on long-haul flights to destinations including Australia having to pay substantially more than short-haul travellers.

Economy passengers travelling to Australia now have to pay an extra £55 ($98) on their ticket, while business and first-class ticket holders fork out an additional £110 ($196).

Those taxes are due to become even steeper - £85 ($152) for economy passengers and £170 ($303) for business and first class - in November 2010.

If an industrial accident shouldnt Insurance company be paying for you to go private?

Would that mean them admitting liability before I get a lawyer involved?

So far they are playing by the book. However I have asked for a copy of the accident report which I never saw and they haven't got back to me yet.

Would that mean them admitting liability before I get a lawyer involved?

So far they are playing by the book. However I have asked for a copy of the accident report which I never saw and they haven't got back to me yet.

See lawyer first. He will tell you the correct procedures. Just one step at a time! dont run up big bills. Have you spoken to citizens advice? that would be first step

Asking for copy of accident report is good, you should have been given one.

There are 2 things

1 them admitting liability (accident report may do that)

2 assessing damages

but things could be very different from here so my thoughts may be very off the mark :angry:

Never ever trust an Insurance Company

good luck

Tam, I'm behind things. I wouldn't let that CIA thing diminish Carter in your estimation. No one is perfect and he at least practices what he preaches. I have long admired him, also I really liked his wife Rosalynn.

I believe you are correct in that Canada should never have been involved in CIA work and I doubt that would happen now.

Tam, I'm behind things. I wouldn't let that CIA thing diminish Carter in your estimation. No one is perfect and he at least practices what he preaches. I have long admired him, also I really liked his wife Rosalynn.

I believe you are correct in that Canada should never have been involved in CIA work and I doubt that would happen now.

....................and his brother wizza bit of a character too :angry:

See lawyer first. He will tell you the correct procedures. Just one step at a time! dont run up big bills. Have you spoken to citizens advice? that would be first step

Asking for copy of accident report is good, you should have been given one.

There are 2 things

1 them admitting liability (accident report may do that)

2 assessing damages

but things could be very different from here so my thoughts may be very off the mark :angry:

Never ever trust an Insurance Company

good luck

Thanks for the advice oz - my intention is to get this one right so I will indeed start with Citizens Advice Bureau - it's free :angry:

I'm aware this has been probably discussed in great detail before especially in the Baby Peter case (thats why I haven't started a new thread?)

Edlington brothers

nature or nuture?

mother has indeed legal grounds to sue Social Services for not looking after her children properly - what about moral grounds?

I'm aware this has been probably discussed in great detail before especially in the Baby Peter case (thats why I haven't started a new thread?)

Edlington brothers

nature or nuture?

mother has indeed legal grounds to sue Social Services for not looking after her children properly - what about moral grounds?

I'm not sure what you are meaning Iowna, are you saying the mother of the boys who committed these horrendous acts, could sue SS for not looking after HER boys.

and what is the question about moral gtrounds

I'm not sure what you are meaning Iowna, are you saying the mother of the boys who committed these horrendous acts, could sue SS for not looking after HER boys.

and what is the question about moral gtrounds

According to today's newspapers the mother is to sue Social Services for not taking proper care of the two boys. I suppose from a legal point of view the department were responsible for them and certainly didn't appear to carry out that duty. However imo the mother should have carried out her responsibilities to the children despite any problems she was having herself.

Jamie Bulger's mother said today that plenty of children are brought up in horrific households but do not turn to violence.

So is it in the nature from the start or is it "taught" by lack of guidance, morals love and discipline? Or both?

I feel so sorry for the two boys who were victims who are lucky to be alive and yet will have the scars of the ordeal for life and robbed of their innocence. I hope they will recover.

I can't agree with all the various tags of "devil children" and put them in prison for life thats being spouted about the attackers. I feel sorry for those children too.

They say that 4,800 Americans are missing in Haiti. Most are probably dead by now. There doesn\'t seem to be much of a fuss made over that. Fuss is being made, but not about that particular fact. Odd.

Most peculiar. 1 Australian missing

A lot of help seems to be given from all over world.

Thats good to see.

It appaers even we have sent an Air Traffic Control Team

I feel so sorry for the people they hadnt much to start with & now even less

Australia Day on Sydney Harbour

Ferry Boat Race (Inner Harbour Government ferries)

australia_day_ferrython_sydney.jpg

Tall ships race (taken from the "James Craig" 4 mast 19th century barque)

ship_wideweb__430x275.jpg

End of a long day ("Endeavour" replica)

largeImage.jpg

Keeping cool (Its a blow up paddling pool in a street ..... mad .... completely mad)

oz7-600x400.jpg

Patriotic girls

wbOZgals-600x400.jpg

What kind of race were the patriotic girls in and what was the prize?

(By the way, I think we have sent a lot of aid to Haiti, there just isn't the wailing and gnashing of teeth.)

Lot of informal fundraising going on here, peony.

Oz, The Tall Ships are spectacular.

Haiti:

Frank Chauvin, retired police officer, founded an orphanage, in Haiti, a number of years ago. He said that not hearing anything, when the news broke about the earthquake, was extremely difficult.....Frank would have been sweating bullets. I have met him a few times and a very good friend of mine, Big Jim, worked with Frank when they were both sergeants.........Jim always said, "donate money to Frank Chauvin and he will add to it out of his own pocket.

To give you some idea of the regard the other cops have for Frank: a few years back and Frank was filling a five ton truck with essentials for the orphanage and delivering it to Haiti. Coming back from one trip there was an accident and a lot of hassling from the insurance company; the truck was a right of.

All the cops get together and have a night for Frank. He is told that they passed the hat and had a donation for him....ken, towards a new truck. They give him a cheque and the keys for a new truck. Am telt that he had the keys in his hand and looked at the cheque and was a wee bit overcome....so were half the cops in the hall.

Frank and his wife are two of the most wonderful, selfless, giving people that i've ever met.

tam

What kind of race were the patriotic girls in and what was the prize?

They were the prize! :lol:

(By the way, I think we have sent a lot of aid to Haiti, there just isn't the wailing and gnashing of teeth.)

You certainly have both materiel & personel. It was you that asked us to take over Air Traffic Control from your people

saw that guy ,I think, on TV in Haiti talking about his orphanage just after disaster Tam. Its great there are people like that around, restores your faith in people.

I was bailed up by Rotary collecting for Haiti at the local Mall. I emptied all my change in . The lady was saying they collected over $1,000 the day before by people doing that at the same spot & that they had to change tins 5 or 6 times a day.

Great pics Oz :lol: Happy shiny smiley people ;)

I had a friend who lived in the same close as me in the 70's and she emigrated in her late teens. I think I was there at her final decision to go! We were standing waiting for the late night bus from George Sq on a wet and windy night , queuing with the drunks, when she finally talked herself into it :D

When she visits, rarely, she always comments on how miserable everybody looks here !

From Peonys neck of the woods:

A friend (Big Jim) sent this to me,,,,,

Hi:

If there is a better definition of political correctness, I have yet to hear it !!

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

There is an annual contest at University of Texas calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

This year's term was

"Political Correctness."

The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and

rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,

which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible....

to pick up a turd by the clean end."

tam

The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and

tam

There is hope in the world.

Buy that lad a pint ! :P:lol::oB):D

From Peonys neck of the woods:

A friend (Big Jim) sent this to me,,,,,

Hi:

If there is a better definition of political correctness, I have yet to hear it !!

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS

There is an annual contest at University of Texas calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term.

This year's term was

"Political Correctness."

The winner wrote:

tam

:lol:

She (or he's) never heard of scoop the poop?