Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not exactly the case

The NTNON version went sumthin like this

Swedish Pharmacy (compleet wae Swedish accents)

customer - Can I have some deodarent please?

Shop Asst - Ball or aerosole

Customer - neither its for my armpits

You huv tae get teh Swedish accent in tae get it tae sound right

Peony has been to Sweden she can help with accent

No body in that family has an accent. The first time I spoke to my son in law, Olof, on the phone I thought he sounded English.

When I was in Canada I met one of my niece's friends, who informed me that she liked my accent.

I replied that I liked her accent too and she answered: "I don't have one". :lol:

When I was in Canada I met one of my niece's friends, who informed me that she liked my accent.

I replied that I liked her accent too and she answered: "I don't have one". :lol:

Yeah a lot of "Notra Americanos" think that

:lol:

I was passing Curlers the other day where Gangster's Moll fell on her chist. There IS a big dip in the pavement there.... it looks like subsidence. The pavement itself is a bliddy disgrace annol.

:)

Dat's ma Glasgow boy!

(Was he pished?)

(Embdy we know??)

I'm pure walking on the road outside that bit outside Curlers these days. The pavement's giving it a fair impression of a ravine in the ###### Alps these days.

Re bloke who fell down all the Chip stairs on Sunday night.........he wis descending (somewhat rapid-like and head first) from the upstairs terrace, and all we, the assembled bar-crowd, saw from our comfy seats by the fire was this silent cartoon-like tumble.

So some of us ran out, only to find he'd picked himsel up---- then fallen down the next set of stairs. Nobody we knew :lol: but we went after him anyhoo. He ran away (-ish) down the Lane. Bet he's still hurting from that yin.

Nobody we knew :) but we went after him anyhoo. He ran away (-ish) down the Lane. Bet he's still hurting from that yin.

Sounds like you scared the poor soul? :lol: How many of you chased him?

Ya gorra luv they greeny Royals

Another eco alarmist demonstrates the pleasures of preaching austerity from first class:

He may be the green prince, but Britain’s heir to the throne has been slammed for being a hypocrite after flying to the Copenhagen climate change summit to deliver a keynote speech on an executive jet with a large carbon footprint, UK media reports say.

Prince Charles attended the conference in Denmark on the $21,800 RAF Royal Flight that emitted about 6.4 tons of carbon dioxide, the Daily Mail reported… The Prince, an avowed environmentalist, will offset the carbon emissions by investing in green initiatives using taxpayers’ money, the Daily Express reported…

At Copenhagen, the Prince said in a speech that the human exploitation of the earth’s resources had pushed it “to the brink” and the planet has reached a point of crisis that can only be resolved with global action.

Guest westtender

I'm pure walking on the road outside that bit outside Curlers these days. The pavement's giving it a fair impression of a ravine in the ###### Alps these days.

Re bloke who fell down all the Chip stairs on Sunday night.........he wis descending (somewhat rapid-like and head first) from the upstairs terrace, and all we, the assembled bar-crowd, saw from our comfy seats by the fire was this silent cartoon-like tumble.

So some of us ran out, only to find he'd picked himsel up---- then fallen down the next set of stairs. Nobody we knew :lol: but we went after him anyhoo. He ran away (-ish) down the Lane. Bet he's still hurting from that yin.

:)

Jaysus - doon the two flights!!

haw haw haw, I love a bit of slapstick

We've had the pouring down rain for days now and I"m really sick of wiping paw prints off the wood floor.

It's depressing as hell.

Could be worse P.

The rain in Glasgow is colder.

From my geog notes Glasgow has rain on average 200 + days a year.

Did you not say the way to tell summer from winter in Glasgow was that the rain was warmer in summer?

I understand why some people miss the snow. It makes things brighter and lighter.

You trying to get me into strife???

Sounds too profound for me but very true.

Yes was wonderfull looking out bedroom window on a cold bright winter's morning & seeing the Campsies covered in snow.

You trying to get me into strife???

Sounds too profound for me but very true.

Yes was wonderfull looking out bedroom window on a cold bright winter's morning & seeing the Campsies covered in snow.

Heavy snow in London - heading our way.

Guest westtender

We've had the pouring down rain for days now and I"m really sick of wiping paw prints off the wood floor.

It's depressing as hell.

Hmph. All you've got is paw prints to get off a easily cleaned wood floor!

We have paw prints everywhere; plus wet dog coat shaken onto walls, ceiling and floor, onto the carpets, skirtings, varnished doors, books, couch, armchairs, TV, stereo, windows; wet dog on bed, under bed, in the bath....wipe wipe wipe, mop mop mop, ach tae hell wi it

:lol:

Wan ov ma pals is newly moved tae New Mexico, he's managed tae wangle a job as some kind of logistics project manager furra transport company.

Anyways it rained wan day no long ago furra cuppla hours, teh boss sent everywan hame early due taera bad weather. Stuart wiz pishin himself wae laughter as he wiz forced tae go hame.

Apparently it snowed there recently too, his boss phoned him at home wan evening tellin him not to come in the next because of ra weathur and he wiz jist givin everywan teh day aff. He wouldnae listen tae any stuff aboot it being only an inch ur two and would melt pretty quickly anyways.

Maist folk apparently huv 4x4s(incloodin ma pal) but thur no' fur drivin in snaw as it may be slippy :lol:

What part of New Mexico? Part of the problem with rain in NM is that they have a lot of flash floods. It rains in the hills miles away and you drive through a gully and are hit by a flash flood. I'm not sure why they go to such extremes. Trust me, if he is around a bunch of people not used to driving in the snow, he doesn't wanna be driving with them.

trackflooded-1.jpg

Who'll come a waltzing matilda with me?? Sliding sideways down a very wet & muddy Birdsville Track in South Australia (hadnt rained for about 5 years)

bogged.jpg

OOPS I didnt know it was so soft (was going to tow out couple in Subaru Outback that had got bogged. after I was pulled out detoured slightly & pulled them out. BTW tow rope is actually a snatch strap.. it stretches & then snaps back like an elastic band & pulls you out.

creekcrossed.jpg

A bridge too far!! ( track was flooded to max about 2ft detour round it would have been hundreds of miles so we waded through, walked thru & back feeling for holes or boulders, at least no crocs there)

(Ok so I posted some b4)