Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Guest westtender

Am no daein the quote thingmie but Westie that is priceless.

tam

am quite pleased that i didnae have a mouthful of tea when i looked at it.

:lol:

I think ye're mad.

As the bairn (and prolly the rest of the wimminfolk) in the Broons would say in the last picture while wagglin their fingers at Grandpaw who's got himself into yet another scrape, "Ye daft auld gowk"

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nota: issat a bit of tongue in cheek ? :lol::P:lol:

tam

Probably just cheek, tam. :lol:

Anyway, I'm with Maggs on this photograph idea. Or better still how about some film of you skating on youtube?

Probably just cheek, tam. :lol:

Anyway, I'm with Maggs on this photograph idea. Or better still how about some film of you skating on youtube?

It's what i thought, Pat, cheek but no malicious. Oanyway the D in L has a video camera but naebody has any idea how tae post film........mind we havnae a clue how tae post photaes and am no asking for impossible tae follow directions, even if a five year auld can.

See me, gettin dafter the aulder i get...did a couple of e-mails then must have poked mahsel in the ee. Mind ah did the same thing yesterday when i was havin a looksee and some auld PMs.

tam

Aye ah know that, but why did yoo think ah hud ma tongue in ma cheek(facial wan) :lol:

Well, it didnae tak much thought. See thon wee phrase, "tongue in cheek" that's one of thais things ah read and jist wantid tae try it oan, so tae speak...."pullin a leg" is anithur though am inclined tae think i wid get in trouble we that one.

tam

PS Pourin here so aw the wee bit of snow has gone.

Well, it didnae tak much thought. See thon wee phrase, "tongue in cheek" that's one of thais things ah read and jist wantid tae try it oan, so tae speak...."pullin a leg" is anithur though am inclined tae think i wid get in trouble we that one.

tam

PS Pourin here so aw the wee bit of snow has gone.

Ah I see, ah thought ah hud cracked a joke and didnae realise :lol:

:P

I think ye're mad.

As the bairn (and prolly the rest of the wimminfolk) in the Broons would say in the last picture while wagglin their fingers at Grandpaw who's got himself into yet another scrape, "Ye daft auld gowk"

Aye, thon's true...

But Tam, just do it anyway. And I hope you enjoy every bliddy second of it :angry:

I walk by the Winterfest ice-rink in George Square every day on my way to w*rk these days and I would dearly love to cast off my laptop case and other world-weary concerns to go have a damned good skite around it.

Unfortunately, the Tomassis cannae afford to lose a wage-earner through injury the noo, but by goad, when the wean's independent, I am SOOO gonna skate, ski, snowboard, paraglide, and maybe gie Mr T a challenge at the karting!

The wean's going skating on Friday night. Her old ma's playing safe and going to a gig instead.... :lol: That reminds me to look out the burkha and have no more than two drinks, cos otherwise I'll be asking for trouble, eh? :lol: :lol:

Advice i will take:

Before the weekend am gonnae go tae the indoor rink for the public skating, shouldnae need a helmit. Mind a few years back i had one of the granddaughters with me and we did the "free skating for tots with adults". I was bent over tae help her up and my legs were taken right oot frae under me. A man apologized for my misfortune and i said nae wurries as i was trying tae get a tissue tae stop the bleeding. The kid that knocked me down, and stood on my hand to get going again, was the man's son, prabably nae mair than five years auld.

tam

The stitching on these skates has me fascinated.

Aye, thon's true...

But Tam, just do it anyway. And I hope you enjoy every bliddy second of it :angry:

I walk by the Winterfest ice-rink in George Square every day on my way to w*rk these days and I would dearly love to cast off my laptop case and other world-weary concerns to go have a damned good skite around it.

Unfortunately, the Tomassis cannae afford to lose a wage-earner through injury the noo, but by goad, when the wean's independent, I am SOOO gonna skate, ski, snowboard, paraglide, and maybe gie Mr T a challenge at the karting!

The wean's going skating on Friday night. Her old ma's playing safe and going to a gig instead.... :lol: That reminds me to look out the burkha and have no more than two drinks, cos otherwise I'll be asking for trouble, eh? :lol: :lol:

Here's Roly jammin atra gig

bass_520.jpg

was out and about, for a bit:

Took the van and the radio tells me that the winds are seventy KPH. Low temp tonight is nine below zero C. Forecasting five centimetres of snow, before midnight and another few centimetres tomorrow. If the wind stays the same am gonnae be surprised if we get the snow. It is quite chilly so am needing tae hunt for gloves.

Tonight wid be a guid time for ghost stories because there is a really auld tree that has lots of dead branches hanging over the hoose: the periodic crunch of the dead wood fallin ontae the roof wid mak the weans jump.

Ah'm betwixt and between....public skating tomorrow afternoon...ALSO....bridge.

There's an awfy nice man thit seems fairly new tae bridge. His eyesite is giein him a pain but he handles it very well. He also appreciates a guid laugh and him and I spoke for a wee bit efter the bridge, oan Tuesday. Oor chat lasted for near an oor.

Some oh the aulder folk are quite amazing. Ye'll be walkin doon the main street and see a car pull intae a parking space.; the door wull be pushed aw the way open and somebody wull emerge we two walkin sticks, trembling frae top tae bottom: ye wonder how they can drive. Lots of aulder wimmin annaw, so short ye wonder if they are seein the road.

tam

PS nary a parking meter in the entire toon.

Nice to see where you work, we can now imagine you in your own abode. Because of your fabby weather I kind of imagined you in this setting :D

wi-fipark8r.jpg

:lol: I thought the same, Maggs.

I'll need to sneak down and take a snap of Jim working in Beanscene. Although sometimes he tricks me and heads to Tinderbox.

p.s. Oz can't be very busy - not enough mess. :)