Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SNOW...two winters in a row with not enough snow to build an outdoor rink.....and this year there will be no excuses, SNOW up to the ying-yang....shoveled my path, yesterday and need to do it again because we have at least another three inches since our last snowfall....and the day is brilliant, overcast with light clouds but bright as can be.

Blenheim on Monday for hogmanay. I have a phone number and perhaps the farewell to 2012 will be shared, happy, satisfying to the nth degree......i do hope so.

my bed is made...red silky (no real silk mind) sheets and pillow cases.....a red coverlet which is soft as fleece and two matching pillow cases, so four pillows in all......I have shaved and gonnae add a wee touch of Azarro....enough preparation tae make a June Allyson swoon....if this didsnae work ahm gonnae gie up for the next two days......or mibee jist the one.

near a week since this thread was used and i'm glad it has survived because i have a question thit widnae be on topic anywhere else.....maist of the time am the only member on site but mair and mair am finding company, folks thit are members and have names i cannae pronounce....are thais newbies real, a testimony tae the open door immigration policy or mibee imprtant personages thit wish tae remain unknown ?

Thats me practicing...am invited tae dinner at the home of a charming lady, a lady who says she is past something....ahm no too sure aboot that and pleasantness might lead me tae changing her mind.

Pat, you could very well be right. Things seemed tae be progressing quite nicely, dinner, conversation, laughter, some music, reminiscing about "old days" and a half minute after I inquired aboot a spare toothbrush, it was, "i'll get your jacket".

Ay, Canny Lass, i dae see your point....given all of the ithur stuff a try and brainlessly thought the mair direct approach wid open some doors; it didnae.......still, wur meeting again so mibee, jist mibee.

ahm no sure, , ah ken fine thit gold stars are for thais that dae guid an nae chance thit one we come my way, but misbehavin, ah think I might manage that.

almost sure that "Fats" was the one who always said....."no me ma'am, I aint misbehavin atallatall.

Guid morning Harper. Five AM here. We are having another tropical winter, no enough snow tae build an outdoor rink and the cold spells dinnae last. The microwave is dinging, means my porridge is ready.

Lovely and sunny here today but cold I suspect. I'm just going to check on my brilliant weather app on my iPad. It's two degrees with a fresh breeze fro the East. London is minus two degrees with a moderate breeze from the East. Toronto inus eight with a moderate breeze from the west.

I'm keeping my eye on you all. :lol:

First heavy snowfall in London and the whole place is grinding to a halt, including me. I am staying put, curled up on the sofa with the cat, watching Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Might stay here 'till Spring.

I almost put this in the joke thread.

Cancelling World Snow Day 16/1/2013

"It is with regret we have had to cancel World Snow Day at Glenshee due to conditions and an uncertain weather forecast.

As a gesture of goodwill Glenshee Snowsport and Freshtracks Snowsport schools are offering a discount of 25% on beginners lessons; also Glenshee ski hire will offer a 25% discount on ski/board hire to total beginners not purchasing a uplift ticket.

I hope the snow falls in vast quantities on friday and saturday to make this the wrong decision but Glenshee did not want to disapoint people.

http://www.ski-glenshee.co.uk/news/cancel