Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out for dinner, lasagna, a church do. A woman frae Falkirk says tae me, "you do know aboot the church dinner" ? and i says, "no really, are ye wanting me tae volunteer" ? and she says, "ahm wanting ye tae buy a ticket, and ye can volunteer when ye get there".......am tae buy my ticket at the door $10.00 for a lasagna dinner and they always have four or five choices for dessert

and mibee no come hame by mahsel....and yees can jist stop yur snickerin.

posted a few minutes ago on saga....

Sandra:- the flowers are a fitting statement, you must have sneaked a peak out of my kitchen window and seen the snow.

I have been wasting my time with freecell and not a glance outside until 7.12; white almost everywhere, misty towards the lake and wishing I was good with a camera.

The snow will disappear from the paved surfaces because the temperature is to reach 2 C; it may stay on the fields until much later.

I will make a trip to "Grande Pointe", ages since I have seen everyone, son, daughter-in-law, five or more grandchildren, the "mastiffs" and at least one cat.

OR

free skating at the arena...perhaps wrap my left knee and glide, stumble, fall around for a bit.

SNOWing:- very small flakes. And what I thought was "mist" earlier on might have simply been hazy because of snow falling off in the distance.

Until this morning my tree has had three leaves, the last three having tenacity beyond belief. But now there are only two, small, insignificant but admired by me.

Not sure what to do today but a trip to "timmies" is not going to hurt.

Llindy: main highways are tended to but not as well looked after as they were in the days before privatization. The streets in town are cleared by the county and I have no complaints...this very light snowfall will probably warrant some salt sprinkled by this afternoon...I don't think it will be necessary but it will be done.

and yees ken whit wid have made this morning perfect...company, the lovely woman who sat at the same table as mahsel oan Friday.

Mibee posted this before but: many years ago a discussion in regards to the benefit of solitude prmpted this person tae write oan the blackboard...."solitude is sometimes lonely, solitude is sometimes only, half rewarding".

I was going to have a look at the other threads. After the first or second I, once again clicked next unread topic; surprise, surprise, everyone had returned...then I looked at the date...a wee while has past.

JJ, the straight arrow, a man to be admired. It is good that he keeps in touch. Our weather is actually getting warmer, near sixty F is the prediction for Sunday.......off to a meeting and then a trip to timmies with a scratch ticket...had one yesterday which won $25.00.

And I might play Bingo, tomorrow.

Been out of bed for more than two hours, made a pot of tea and just finishing my first cup; no really gonnae finish it because it is stone cold...it does that when yur no payin attention. This is a bridge day, not duplicate, rubber, and we usually have three or four tables; no sure if am gonnae play. BUT, five o'clock should see me at my kitchen window whaur I can see the last of the setting sun; oanything like the last two settings and it will be eeing and awing time, magnificent it is. The sun has been a very bright red, huge in size and seemingly very close tae the earth and from where it sits it lights the surrounding sky with a mass of amazing shades of red....I did try tae take a photae but am no very guid we a camera: everybody says, "jist point the bloody thing, it isnae difficult", and I think tae mahsel, ah ken fine it isnae difficult and why I dinnae get the same result as ithurs I have known, is a puzzle...but thair ye go.

And I have been thinking....if I am seeing this much beauty with the setting sun, think what it must be like doon by the lake.

It is after 10 AM and I have been out of bed for more than two hours. Wandered the internet, played some freecell and afore I knew it, 9 AM had arrived; time tae cook breakfast.

A bit overcast but not too dull, white towards the lake and am guessing the whiteness is clouds which should be overhead within the hour.

Brekky was, beans, cheese omelet, toast, one slice we the beans and eggs and the ithur with raspberry jam (Smuckers dae a guid jam). And a bit of TV.

Am no much of a watcher and this morning flicked through the usuals and ended on a French channel. I neither speak or understand French but I stayed on that channel and a guess says it came from Quebec City.

They have a "sprint track" for skiers, and enough snow. Nae idea why it is called a sprint track because one circuit hastae be better than a half mile. Loads of skiers and more than enough shacks doing hot food; bacon, eggs, pancakes, sausages, poutine, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and everyone in a grand mood: I have always enjoyed my times in Quebec.

Then they switched to Japan where they are experiencing earth tremors....hadtae add "earth in case some of youse lot were having naughty thoughts.

and now near 10.30 and me with a load of washing to do, best I move it because this is a bridge day in Blenheim.

Bridge in Blenheim and one lady playing in Blenheim for the first time. I told her it was nice to see a new face and she replied, "I am only filling in for the day".....we chatted after play was over and she is definitely returning next Friday....don't know if she is married but do know that she is a looker, shapely, definitely someone I would like to see again....desperation time is upon me and married or no am definitely shining my shoes.

A week ago I had a dinner at the Anglican Hall. I sat with six people I know fairly well and one lady who was new to me.....sixties, short black hair, a beautiful bustline (no voluptuous mind jist very shapely), and a smile to melt a heart.....unfortunately she is married and has money....but she might very well become "Marg", in my mind.....my first thoughts for Marg were a woman in Scotland who has beautiful colour, hair complexion, jist lovely tae look at.

This is really somethin. two lassies oan here at the same time as mahsel and it wullnae be my birthday for anithur two weeks or so.

and noo am awa...invited tae partake of a pre-christmas dinner at my neighbours sister's hoose...a forty-five minute drive and am no driving.

• 2 weeks later...

Fifteen days since this thread was touched so I thought it needed a wee post. Weather has turned colder, gonnae be outdoor skating rinks, happy children and fawin dioon old men; ay, and a bit of snow too, no a lot, nae mair than an inch, but it is staying. Finished the wee story. Wasnae fussy aboot whaur it was going so gonnae dae anither, mibees.

Having a visit frae one of my daughters so should be tidyin up....though if the place was really tidy she might think she had entered the wrong flat.

Dugs had breakfast; dog food, kibble and a bit of rice and the wee one wullnae eat it, in a huff soheis, jist wants chicken.

It is a beautiful day in sunny Ridgetown.

Noo am jist here we the two dugs, no a situation thit am pleased we and no a condition thit i havnae tried tae change. Jist last night I phoned a lady acquaintance, not a really close, warm, loving sort of acquaintance but an acquaintance none the less. I phoned we a suggestion thit she visit and attend a pyjama party and aw she did was laugh, even telt her it wid be a party for jist the two of us and that she didnae havtae bring her ain pyjamas, said we cuid share mine...aw she did was laugh.

Good morning, one and all, 8.39 AM in wonderful Ridgetown, A wee bit cloudy but very bright, overhead; and off tae the southwest, over the lake, blue, so, the weather is fine and here I sit, three ladies for company.

Noo I havnae met Harper or Canny Lass but I have met Hingmie and am no sure who or whit the Lord loves but i am aware thit Mother Nature was very kind tae her.

I am off tae Grande Pointe, visiting a son, DinL, Grandchildren (no sure how many), Lily and her paramour.

Had another date, last night. Same ending as the last one and oan anithur site someone commented oan the last one as being, "very nice, glad you enjoyed your date".....noo am gonnae admit thit am no expert on thais below Hadrian's wall, but my ain opinion is that the way my dates have ended MIGHT be very nice for a twelve year old boy, but by Jupiter I have learnt that there is much much more than a 12 second kiss.