Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Two weeks since I last posted, though I have been dropping in. Seems tae be awfy quiet but i suppose thais that usually post are tied up we the shopping and such.

Ridgetown weather is delightful the noo. Nae snow as yet but am ever hopeful, we dae need snow for the outdoor rinks and for the ground water tae be replenished.

My friend Harper wull be ogling the rugby players but am no sure when; dae they play in the winter oan the frozen grass...awfy hard oan the players, issitno ?

Last Wednesday the 6/49 lottery jackpot was over $45 million and there was but the one winner...am thinkin "if only" but truth be told am no really needin that much.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All geared up and in the ballot for the Six Nations Calcutta Cup at Twickenham this year on February 2nd, Tamd:) I much prefer Murrayfield but I am prepared to slum it with the English supporters. :P

How is the mother to be doing? Christmas puppies, how sweet....... and all the better with sprouts. :P

They have come to the realization that Lily isnae pregnant...and as long as am here...

An idle thought (or two). The thing is am single, by mahsel and getting on in years and overheard a wee discussion between two men...one says, "ken, ah met a woman in her sixties. Noo thair was nae way she looked tae be that auld and me bein a lot younger I widnae have bothert we her if I had known, but I did and it was a grand time, soitwas. And noo am wonderin if I was tae tak up we a woman in her fifties wid it automatically be that much better,(?) if ye catch my drift".

Other man says, "ah dinnae think so, ah mean the logic is unmistakable, but, jist the same, (and he shakes his heid back and forth afore continuing) see, the thing is, (and he pauses afore adding) dae ye ken anything aboot cooking, baking, that sort of thing (?) (other chap shakes a no we his heid) well, (man continues), if ye have a recipe for, let us say, a very fancy cake, and the recipe is gonnae gie ye a cake tae feed eight, sometimes, ye cannae jist double the amounts of the recipe tae gie ye a cake for sixteen, ah mean, logic says ye shuid be able tae but the reality, och, same we the ladies, a man can jist never tell how things are gonnae work oot".

I was beginning tae think i had been "sent tae Coventry". Then thought, no, no quite Coventry, but perhaps, while I am in the same regiment, mibee am jist hearing a different drummer...and then gave mahsel a shake and thought "Harper" whit mair wid a man want.

Harper..I loved your post, tried tae gie it a "like" and was telt I have used my quota of positives for the day...my previous post is aboot logic no being totally reliable...honest, ah widnae lie tae my friend

Being sent tae Coventry is an English thing, especially grammar school...its when naebody is allowed tae speak tae ye...had a few fights over that one at Buckhurst Hill. And when ye won, the brats wid say, "well, what do you expect, he's SCOTCH".

They say, nothing wrong; not sure if dogs will sometimes go through the motions, even the physical changes, ah mean they think she had milk but it all came to nought.

just gave you another "like" which produced the same message..."an error occurred" "you have reached your quota of positive votes for the day".

ken this place was mair fun when ye cuidnae get a word in edgeways.

That's good the dog is okay. Tam the forum has been much quieter for a very long time so nothing new there. Things change - that's the nature of the world and there are always pros and cons. Harper knows you love her so don't get too vexed about the likes - whatever they are. I've yet to investigate.

Very dreich and drab in Glasgow today. Hope you're having brighter weather in Canada. Pop onto the Christmas thread and let's hear all your plans. :)

"Things change", ay they do that. My problem is that am of the belief thit aw the things I like should remain the same and only mahsel is allowed tae wander off, traipse the world, engage in other pursuits while you lot sit and wait for me....oanyway, that isnae gonnae happen.

The "like" thingmie isnae a problem...honestly think they should do awa we thais things aw the gither.

Weather seems tae be tae everyones liking, sunshine, middle fifties, winter wheat awready four inches high and, at this time, nae chance for an outdoor rink...though it is aw supposed tae change and this year we are expecting a real winter with snow enough tae make snowballs and snowmen.

Bridge this afternoon and really should dae a load of wash before then; ay, right, mibee...on the ither hand, next sheets tae adorn my bed are the red yains, very, very sexy...and a couple of porterhouse steaks in the freezer...one never knows, perhaps this will be the day (and night) when my dreams become reality.

Canny Lass, the only count thit wid interest me is the count of one more body, female for sure and the cold would not be a problem; it isnae a problem the noo, must be 14 C....washing done and waiting for the dryer....jist looked at the time and nae time for folding because I cannae be late for bridge.

and jist so's ye know...thon Harper isnae the sort of woman thit would ever lose the plot, unless she wanted tae.

On my way tae play bridge, using the "Aztec" because am bone lazy. A stop at the stop sign oan George Street and across Maple a cat, pure white and fast. Cat rushes across George Street and straight up a telephone pole; thais things are at least thirty feet tall. Cat is twenty feet up the pole and am still at the stop sign. Am thinking, "that cat is in trouble, because it has stopped climbing and trying tae work its way back tae the ground". Another look and see a squirrel very near the top but squirrel, seeing the cat back down, is advancing towards cat. Am back tae thinking thon cat might fall so mibee I walk tae the pole and catch cat if it does come a tumbling. Cat progressing nicely and the proverbial light switches on...camera, I have my camera oan the front seat next tae me....get camera out of the wee cloth holder and cat has jumped tae the ground and is sauntering back tae whaur he lives...wid have been a beauty of a photo.

Wednesday morning, between seven and eight. A glance oot the kitchen windae and I am hooked for at least five minutes, the mist, the mysterious mist is heavy, thick and pokes the imagination intae full alert; ye cannae see aw the way tae the first lot of bushes, and they urnae mair than three hundred feet awa. So what am thinkin is that this might be the day when a glorious looking woman is gonnae sit astride a galloping stalion and head my way...nae bit in thon horses mooth, jist a bridle tae steer him and the lady has red hair, a welcoming smile and laughter in her een.

laugh aw yees want but one day it could very well happen and this old man will be in heaven.

food ready for the dogs....chicken legs and thighs done in the oven with a trickle of canola oil on each, golden brown on both sides...rice has been rinsed, added to boiling water (a wee spoonfu of oil tae keep it from sticking) and after a two or three minute boil, is now sitting in the hot water over a low heat.

And the weather is brilliant, now around 14 C, sunshine everywhere and no a cloud in view.

Heavens, tam. If you were in Glasgow you'd be dining al fresco. Lovely day here today too. It must have been at least 12 degrees and blue skies. Enjoy your lip smackin' dinner. :)

not sure what i'm having for dinner, the chicken is for the dogs...and, the past few years I have noticed a big difference in the "crisco" (shortening). Ustae use that for chips but it really bubbles up, am comparing what it does now tae years back. I switched to corn oil and bubbling but not nearly as much, especially if the chips are placed in a tea towel after sitting in water. Now using canola oil because it was on sale....voila, hardly any over bubbling, disnae come near the top of my small saucepan.

Neighbour phoned and dogs wull arrive shortly after six.

just looked at the bottom of the page...tamd, Facebook(1), anyone ken what the facebook(1) means, am booked off facebook and nae intention of returning.

:lol: Lucky doggies, tam. I was salivating over their golden brown chicken.

Don't worry Facebook is not on to recruit you, tam, probably someone has signed in directly from their Facebook account.

Bing, Google and other search engines can often be seen visiting the forum; they're on indexing pages.

good morning all and sundry...story going slow due to my very busy, happy, entertaining social activities or it cuid be ahm a lazy git.

Nine today with 2, 3 and 4 predicted for Saturday, Sunday and Monday....time to shower and dress, bridge in Blenheim.

Gotta tell yuh.....one of the elderly ladies in Blenheim always gives me a hug, has for the past year. She had added a slight peck on the cheek and last Friday it was mouth to mouth....ahm no complainin mind, jist surprised......could without a doubt get to like that stuff.