Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Nooooo, that's France. I think we might even have got the wooden spoon last year. :lol:

Looking forward to Scotland v Wales on February 17th... otherwise, I can take it or leave it this year.

I'll support France then. :lol:

How's your snow?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've suffered badly this past six months from empty nest syndrome. The wean has only moved two miles up the road but gawd, I miss the bones of him....

Anyways, he pops by yesterday because his boiler is broken, starving, of course but full of the joys of Spring. Student life is grand, by all accounts.

45 minutes laters, my bath is full of hair. My posh ayeyurvedic shampoo for ladies had been raided, the contents of my fridge greatly dimished, wet towels all over the bathroom floor, my big Scottish, slopping about, rugby shirt has been purloined and the cat has been cuddled and squeezed like a rung oot mop.

For my part, I hoovered up the debris, happy as Larry (who was this Larry that was so cheerful?). Dropped mega hints abut Mother's Day. Got a big manly hug and off he went.... my gift to the world. :D

I've suffered badly this past six months from empty nest syndrome. The wean has only moved two miles up the road but gawd, I miss the bones of him....

Anyways, he pops by yesterday because his boiler is broken, starving, of course but full of the joys of Spring. Student life is grand, by all accounts.

45 minutes laters, my bath is full of hair. My posh ayeyurvedic shampoo for ladies had been raided, the contents of my fridge greatly dimished, wet towels all over the bathroom floor, my big Scottish, slopping about, rugby shirt has been purloined and the cat has been cuddled and squeezed like a rung oot mop.

For my part, I hoovered up the debris, happy as Larry (who was this Larry that was so cheerful?). Dropped mega hints abut Mother's Day. Got a big manly hug and off he went.... my gift to the world. :D

:lol: In my experience nests don't stay empty for long.

We're a bit cramped in this house and when I was telling one of my friends this Ryan piped up, 'Yes, you need a room for me and Caitlin.'

He's not wrong, we do have a bit of a problem squeezing in the next generation.

I read whit i hadnae read from this page...once again ahm no the least disappointed, guid stuff, very guid stuff.......am back for a wee minute. Monday is a holiday, a provincial holiday named "Family Day". Maist folk havnae a clue as tae why this holiday was even thought of. I still cannae believe thit November 11th was left up tae the provinces tae decide and very few get it off.

Am supposed tae be packing because am movin tae "housing". I will be living in a one bedroom on the ground floor, the end flat on a row of townhouses. I has been newly painted and I am really looking forward tae the move.....Tuesday I get the keys and I still have this place till the end of the month. Near six months in this place and not one female visitor has brightened my living room or any other room in the place......even had a sign on the door..."if unlocked i am home, if this is a social call, open door, climb the fifteen stairs and yell".....

Noo, the new place has nae stairs so am gonnae be tellin all of the ladies, "nae stairs so thurs nae excuse no tae visit".

My daughter tracy bought an ipad2 for my Christmas. Am no guid with new things and I am a bit nervous but I have been able tae take some photaes and I have sent e-mail with it, including the photaes. I did put it tae one side, waiting for a friend tae visit who knows aw aboot this kinda thing but tonight I decided tae start it....well I learnt somethin, they havtae be hooked tae another computer for synchronization....dinnae ken why and have discovered i have nae idea how tae dae that.

The grandaughter is out of the hospital and am hoping ta see her in two weeks...she is staying with an aunt and it is three hours drive, jist need tae get the new flat sorted.

See the "empty nest" thing...mine ustae move out, return, move out and leave all kinds of useless stuff...had one daughter home, gone, home again gone again, half a dozen times, then out of the clear blue, returns one day is is really angry because some tapes she had left ten years before were not where she had left them.

Had a wonderful aa birthday celebration Friday past.....a man who used the same recovery home as me (he was there a month before me) came...wow, the memories, the joy of seeing him, life has been bloody guid tae me......I love what aa has done for me so I think I will keep going tae meetings.

The Saints urnae daein too bad, least thur no looking at relegation.

tam

Belated happy birthday, tam, and all the best for your new home.

Good news about your granddaughter being home from hospital.

You gave me a laugh about the empty nest / belongings. I have at least six drawers in this house dedicated to folk that don't live here plus a variety of garments hanging in the wardrobe. Regularly my sons will turn up in need of a jacket when the rain comes on. No wonder I've no room.:)

Just heard a tale that Sydney Devine has bust his last tiny bubble. Can't find a legit news item about it though.

NOPE _ HOAX apparently just a daft comment.

Sorry Syd fans

Yep, he's still with us. Born in 1940 - so he sez.;)

http://www.bing.com/...EEF&FORM=LKVR18#

I never really got the idea of Glesga cowboys. :lol:

This library is a laugh. Queued for a computer for twenty minutes. Wee wifie next to me pinched my chair. She's on ebay with her man, they're taking extensive notes!!!

At least the libraries are being used, CL. Less chance of them being shut down.:)

In Partick Library you book your computer time, so no queueing

Thanks for the tip Maggs but I cannae be bothered with all that booking malarkay. You need to be a creature of habit for that to work.

Nice and civilized in Hillhead, where the people tend to read or operate computers without discussing their effort with half a dozen mates.

I'm away to pick my books and sit and read a chapter or two on their red sofas.

Thanks for the tip Maggs but I cannae be bothered with all that booking malarkay. You need to be a creature of habit for that to work.

Nice and civilized in Hillhead, where the people tend to read or operate computers without discussing their effort with half a dozen mates.

I'm away to pick my books and sit and read a chapter or two on their red sofas.

My local library is under threrat and has been on the national news.... The library has closed and the entrance has been taken over by volunteers who are running a pop up library while they fight their appeal. Nae red sofas but they have a nifty awning and a whole host of local people turning up books to donate and give their time. Sadly, libraries have been the first casualty of local authority cuts. I know that parents are buying more books for their children but how sad is it that kids won't have a library to join? I loved my wee ticket and the smell of the books and longed to have a shot of the wee date stamp thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the impending Grandfatherhood Gladtobeglas. There's been a spate of pregnancy announcements in my world lately - not my own though thank goodness

Don't you hate it when you decide to put a heap of energy into doing something only to realise it probably wasn't actually worth it/possibly made the job more difficult...decided to shovel left over pile of washed sand into the trailer to move somewhere to keep for future use (leftover from a bit of paving job out the front of the house). So, I dragged the trailer up from the backyard which involved pulling it up a slope, shovelled half a trailer load of sand into it (more there than I had anticipated) then realised the trailer is now too heavy for me to move and I'll have to wait till hubby brings the car back with the tow bar and get hime to lift it on and move it. So essentially the sand is in the same place but in a trailer and it's actually going to be a bit awkward to move it. Feeling a bit sheepish about the whole thing but was good excersise B)

Congrats on the impending Grandfatherhood Gladtobeglas. There's been a spate of pregnancy announcements in my world lately - not my own though thank goodness

Don't you hate it when you decide to put a heap of energy into doing something only to realise it probably wasn't actually worth it/possibly made the job more difficult...decided to shovel left over pile of washed sand into the trailer to move somewhere to keep for future use (leftover from a bit of paving job out the front of the house). So, I dragged the trailer up from the backyard which involved pulling it up a slope, shovelled half a trailer load of sand into it (more there than I had anticipated) then realised the trailer is now too heavy for me to move and I'll have to wait till hubby brings the car back with the tow bar and get hime to lift it on and move it. So essentially the sand is in the same place but in a trailer and it's actually going to be a bit awkward to move it. Feeling a bit sheepish about the whole thing but was good excersise B)

:lol: Sorry, Gayle, you've got to laugh. Morecambe and Wise could have used it.

Hope you get it shifted soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am very proud. Me, the non gardener planted out a 2 tubs and two window boxes of butterfly lavender and white climbing roses. *preens*

Frightened the cat, prancing round the garden to this ....well, how could ye no?

My gawd, you should see the state of my nails.... :lol:

*Waves to Tam if he's lookin' in. * I am sure we'll get an update....