Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

I learnt something about the UGGS today. Spent a wonderful day with daughter Tracy and the "black UGS" are no black attaw, dark brown and the dye isnae whit ye wid expect. Tracy had something spilled on one of her uggs and used a damp cloth tae erase whatever the mark was...damp cloth turned brown...she has also found that the inside of the uggs does leave traces of brown on her feet.

My grand day reached a super high when my wonderful daughter said my Christmas present will probably be an ipad2...she does not think $500.00, is a mite too expensive.

tam

am jist returned frae London (Ontario) and my freezer now has, a small roast beef, skinless chicken breasts, lean hamburg and three quarters of a home made meat pie.....also have a supply of red rose tea and four bananas.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I learnt something about the UGGS today. Spent a wonderful day with daughter Tracy and the "black UGS" are no black attaw, dark brown and the dye isnae whit ye wid expect. Tracy had something spilled on one of her uggs and used a damp cloth tae erase whatever the mark was...damp cloth turned brown...she has also found that the inside of the uggs does leave traces of brown on her feet.

My grand day reached a super high when my wonderful daughter said my Christmas present will probably be an ipad2...she does not think $500.00, is a mite too expensive.

tam

am jist returned frae London (Ontario) and my freezer now has, a small roast beef, skinless chicken breasts, lean hamburg and three quarters of a home made meat pie.....also have a supply of red rose tea and four bananas.

I really like London, tam. That's a lovely park down by the River Thames.

Your family are so good to you - that's a lovely wee supply for your tuck shop.

Patricia:- in most things I have been very lucky and I do thank whoever assigned my children to me...and grandchildren and great-grandchildren, now all I need is a....but that is another story.

Turned cooler in Southern Ontario and I do wish the Tim Horton coffee shop would increase the heat. It is certainly cold enough for snow and Tim Horton is footing the bill for free skating, January 2/3/5 and 6, one and a half hours each day.

A Chinese dinner with the Duplicate bridge players.....rice with lots of veggies mixed in, chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce, sliced chicken done with yellow stuff, nae idea what it was but tasted great, chicken fried rice, chicken chow mein, deep fried chicken in a batter and no room for cake.

Prior to the dinner we had a good afternoon of cards and one of the co-ordinators invited everyone to his house for a glass of whatever one fancied....I had pepsi and there were a choice of wines and various beers and ales. The man is English and has finished his basement in the style of a small English pub; a beauty of a place and the man and his wife are both very charming people.

We left the restaurant around seven and I did not feel like going straight back to the flat; am a bit grumpy and went tae "timmies" in the hope of meeting someone I knew but nae luck there. I had bought a scratch ticket and it won $10.00. Cashed it in on the way back to the flat and bought another ticket.

Moped for a wee while and had a re-heated cup of tea. Did some freecell and no sure if I was successful or mibee am back tae zero. Did the scratch ticket and it won $10.00.....so.....logic says I should get another ticket and I walked tae another wee shop. A brisk walk there, cashed the ticket and bought another. A very brisk walk back tae the flat and once up the stairs, the coughing started, must have been at it for mair than half an hour....no only coughing but the ticket was a loser.

Eldest daughter Karen had to put her dog down. Nae idea why but it must have been an awfully difficult decision, Wendell, the dog, was a real heart stealer....Alsation, far too tall for the breed and very thin, one ear that was always drooping and seemed tae be bent at an angle....and he doted on the entire family...other daughter tracy always usedtae take a treat for him and if she didn't give the treat to him as soon as she arrived he would get the nose intae pockets, handbags and any packages which tracy had brought...it isnae good when ye havtae lose a pet.

Christmas day am gonnae be with Karen and Tracy and wur going tae visit a grandson who has four weains.

This is me awa ramblin again...ah ken it isnae very interesting but it gies me somethin tae dae.

tam

Patricia:- in most things I have been very lucky and I do thank whoever assigned my children to me...and grandchildren and great-grandchildren, now all I need is a....but that is another story.

Turned cooler in Southern Ontario and I do wish the Tim Horton coffee shop would increase the heat. It is certainly cold enough for snow and Tim Horton is footing the bill for free skating, January 2/3/5 and 6, one and a half hours each day.

A Chinese dinner with the Duplicate bridge players.....rice with lots of veggies mixed in, chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce, sliced chicken done with yellow stuff, nae idea what it was but tasted great, chicken fried rice, chicken chow mein, deep fried chicken in a batter and no room for cake.

Prior to the dinner we had a good afternoon of cards and one of the co-ordinators invited everyone to his house for a glass of whatever one fancied....I had pepsi and there were a choice of wines and various beers and ales. The man is English and has finished his basement in the style of a small English pub; a beauty of a place and the man and his wife are both very charming people.

We left the restaurant around seven and I did not feel like going straight back to the flat; am a bit grumpy and went tae "timmies" in the hope of meeting someone I knew but nae luck there. I had bought a scratch ticket and it won $10.00. Cashed it in on the way back to the flat and bought another ticket.

Moped for a wee while and had a re-heated cup of tea. Did some freecell and no sure if I was successful or mibee am back tae zero. Did the scratch ticket and it won $10.00.....so.....logic says I should get another ticket and I walked tae another wee shop. A brisk walk there, cashed the ticket and bought another. A very brisk walk back tae the flat and once up the stairs, the coughing started, must have been at it for mair than half an hour....no only coughing but the ticket was a loser.

Eldest daughter Karen had to put her dog down. Nae idea why but it must have been an awfully difficult decision, Wendell, the dog, was a real heart stealer....Alsation, far too tall for the breed and very thin, one ear that was always drooping and seemed tae be bent at an angle....and he doted on the entire family...other daughter tracy always usedtae take a treat for him and if she didn't give the treat to him as soon as she arrived he would get the nose intae pockets, handbags and any packages which tracy had brought...it isnae good when ye havtae lose a pet.

Christmas day am gonnae be with Karen and Tracy and wur going tae visit a grandson who has four weains.

This is me awa ramblin again...ah ken it isnae very interesting but it gies me somethin tae dae.

tam

Tam, sorry to hear about Wendell. Sounds like he was a lovely pet.

Your 'Chinese dinner with 'the duplicate bridge players' sounds like an experience only you could have. :lol:

The meal sounds great but I don't fancy that heated up tea. Yuck! Treat yourself to a fresh cup next time. I'm glad you've got your Christmas Day arrangements made and spending time with some of your very large family. :)

sport-smiley-5537.gif

To hell with Christmas, my tickets for the 2012 Six Nations Calcutta Cup at Murrayfield have just arrived.... Ya beauty!

See you all in March for a big swally.... :D

Sure thing, harper. Are you coming back to Glasgow or are we meeting you in the capital? :lol:

I tell a lie, it's Saturday February the 4th, so could meet up on Friday February 3rd?. We will probably go through to Edinburgh Saturday. It's a 5pm kick off. Woooo hooo!

Sure thing. Will look forward to it. :)

I am keeping an eye on those dates; one more trip is affordable...two more if the lottery would be mair amenable, I am going to London the day, Tracy and I were supposed tae be looking at ipad2"s but "Shilo", thirteen year old German Short Haired Pointer is not too well...I was going to stay here but that dog has shown me more affection than anyone has a right too.

Getting cooler here but the snow is staying away,,,,,Canada geese heading south the other day, about a hundred in the flock and the altos were exercising the vocal cords. The skates are at the ready and I have a list of free skating days, courtesy of "Tim Horton's".

Gonnae dae an e-mail tae my favourite moderator and then it is time for my shower.

tam

Ooh, I'm having geese envy, Tam - that must have been some sight.

I am hitting the glamours sights of London to buy a new cat flat. That vandal of a cat of mine, (yes, that same cute kitten I got in June) is on his third cat flat. I locked him in last night because he had hurt his leg, again. Got up this monring and he had ripped the window part off and it was lying in tatters in the floor. I now have a gale force wind blowing through the gap. :lol: I need one of those button activated steel security shutters for this monster. LOL

Hope the wee dug picks up soon, Tam and mind those hips on the icerink - I admire your pluckiness ... :lol:

I am keeping an eye on those dates; one more trip is affordable...two more if the lottery would be mair amenable, I am going to London the day, Tracy and I were supposed tae be looking at ipad2"s but "Shilo", thirteen year old German Short Haired Pointer is not too well...I was going to stay here but that dog has shown me more affection than anyone has a right too.

Getting cooler here but the snow is staying away,,,,,Canada geese heading south the other day, about a hundred in the flock and the altos were exercising the vocal cords. The skates are at the ready and I have a list of free skating days, courtesy of "Tim Horton's".

Gonnae dae an e-mail tae my favourite moderator and then it is time for my shower.

tam

That must have been a wonderful sight, tam. Take care on the rink and enjoy vanilla shot at Tim's for me. Watch your bank balance and hope Shilo picks up.

Ooh, I'm having geese envy, Tam - that must have been some sight.

I am hitting the glamours sights of London to buy a new cat flat. That vandal of a cat of mine, (yes, that same cute kitten I got in June) is on his third cat flat. I locked him in last night because he had hurt his leg, again. Got up this monring and he had ripped the window part off and it was lying in tatters in the floor. I now have a gale force wind blowing through the gap. :lol: I need one of those button activated steel security shutters for this monster. LOL

Hope the wee dug picks up soon, Tam and mind those hips on the icerink - I admire your pluckiness ... :lol:

:lol: Is that what you call a Freudian slip, harper? Do you really want to get that wee cat its own apartment (flat)? He's a rascal.

Uh my guidness but this is grand, an eye opener, a revelation, a flash of lightning which wull get me back oan track. The thing is ahm no sleepin well. I have tried goin tae bed early but that jist means am gonnae get up an extra couple of times. Last night, (well aw day yesterday noo that I think of it), everything was a bit oot of kilter. I needed tae go up tae London (Ontario); didnae want tae cos ahm no guid when the animals urnae well...that "no guid" translates intae, " a bloody sissy, a wimp, a cry baby", but, the dug, Shilo, well he isnae mine but has given me an inordinate amount of affection for a very long time, ahm no positive but it seems he is near fourteen.

So, anyway, ahm oot the bed and driving tae London, sixish. Arrive at the daughter's hoose and everyone is still in bed: daughter Tracy is always a very early riser so ay kent fine she had been up we the dug but i didnae mention that. Three dugs tae greet me and Shilo did gies us a wag ow the tail; didnae stray far frae me either, he seemed tae jist want my hand oan him...he is awfy thin but he had a bite tae eat.

I had tae visit a mall because Tracy says she is buying an ipad2 for me and am supposed tae pick the one I want...a lady thit knows aboot these things disnae think I will get the real benefits from it and am inclined tae agree we her but am no admitting tae that. And back at the hoose tae bid adieu.

The drive back tae Ridgetown is full of thoughts thit ahm no happy with...no sure whit wull happen we Shilo and the decision isnae gonnae be easy for my daughter...he disnae seem tae be in pain but we cannae be sure...och, life can be a right scunner at times.

Back in the flat and cannae say what I did, nae idea. I dae mind thit I read some e-mail, three I think and one of thais from a lady I have yet to meet...no sure if I answered any but hope I did...wull have a look at the sent ones.

Blenheim for a few groceries and returned tae the computer.....I mind nodding off and decided tae take a nap...at my age anytime I fall asleep is "nap time".

Then I got up and did a small roast of beef....oan the computer for some time....and had a phone call from a lady who is a friend. Went tae bed and slept in fits and starts. Up early and nae idea what tae dae we mahsel

AND

arrived at glasgowwestend.....Pat and Harper, whiot mair could a man want.

tam

PS and before starting my wee journey intae this site, I heated my tea, which is now stone cold.

This is the time of year to dae our bit for our fellow man/woman....I had plans for a fund raiser....my idea was rejected so it is available for anyone else who needs to do something for a worthy cause.

Donate...Compete...and (perhaps) Win a Fabulous Prize

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Donation: your choice, we only ask that it not be in coin, e.g. $5.00 is perfectly acceptable.

The Competition: and here is where you get a chance to show off; skills tenacity, resourcefulness and a discerning eye will be called into play. The venue will be a small apartment of my choosing. The apartment will be seen to have five distinct sections. Each section will need to be made ship shape and straws will be drawn with the sections being chosen in order of the straw vote. Each section will have a different degree of difficulty, much the same as olympic diving. The five sections will include, one bedroom, one living room, one bathroom, one kitchen and the stairway.

The Prize: The winner will be awarded three days and nights of absolute, never before experienced, luxury. All meals will be provided along with any form of entertainment which the winner will choose....a speciality of the house is sensitive massage. Also the host will be a most attentive listener.

There are no age restrictions but this contest is only open to ladies and it is suggested that all competitors be past, well past, the age of majority.

Tam, I'm sorry but that sounds positively weird ... :lol:

tam, did they say on what grounds the idea was rejected? Just wondering. :rolleyes:

Keep the tea heated and hope things are not too sad regarding Shilo.

Weird ????? I don't understand weird...but...Pat, am no too sure but inclined tae believe there were too many applicants and some, actually maist, of the applicants wid have had trouble we my stairs, narrow and there are 15.

tam

Found this on Facebook, it's a whole diffrint world:

Hiya chick!! Hw.s u? No seen ya n ages!! You.ll need 2 pop up 4 a chin wag n a cuppa!! Wat u bn up 2? Missing ur fce!! Nicole.s bn asking 4 ya so she cn wip ur arse at the wii lol xxxxxxxx

HH old son it is good to read your post, though that one was mair someone else than yursel......I have had a tremendous day, visited with 2 daughters, 4 grandsons, 2 great-garanddaughters and two great-grandsons...tremendous is an understatement....my Chrissy present from one of my girls...an ipad2...have even been able to e-mail a photo or two, actually seven because didnaeken they wur being sent and jist kept sending them...well they wurnae really being sent it was a glitch in the router and the phoaes landed in and out box, then when the glitch was seen tae, aw the photaes went at once.

Back in the dumpy wee flat, checked under the bed but nae luck so wull sleep by mahsel, again.

tam