Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
The Jolly Jumjoogler

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Am here because i want tae post somethin but tryin no tae confuse too many folk, mahsel included, The previous post had a mention of me have a double chocolate muffin and I did the same thing this morning, in Windsor whaur I spent the night, Was Wednesday and Thursday night in Ridgetown...two days of bridge playing and a Friday aa meeting.

Decided, last night tae visit London (ontario)and picked up my income tax paper work which needs tae be completed and sent in; government has stopped a guid portion of my income until they get the paper work.

I am missing my English lady and that is aw ahm sayin oan that....thon is probably a lie. At my bloody age. Twid be easy tae say, "he should know better" but how...ye meet someone and how dae ye ken whaur yur emotions are gonnae lead. A sensible thing tae dae wid have been tae tak a look, realize thit this woman lives too far awa frae mahsel, is far too young, is attractive enough tae tak her pick...och, ah still widnae change what has gone on afore.

This mornin, efter the muffin, went tae the library and spent a bit of time on line. Phoned the DinL then drove tae Grande Point (40 miles) and noo am lookin for shorts soas tae go for a wee swim in the lake....no sure but it might be Lake Sainte Clair.

The drive tae here is gorgeous, fields and fields of crops. The wheat (mibee winter or mibee hay) has been harvested and many fields of stuble. Then there is the soya beans and corn....corn growth has changed over the last few years, ye cannae walk through a field of corn anymair because the planting has the stalks too close the gither...ustae get 25 bushels an acre and noo the yield is supposed tae be 250 bushes an acre....probably wrong because a non farmer is the fella whit told me...fact is though that the corn stalks are only two or three inches apart....and right noo it is six tae seven feet high.....and, saw one small field of what looks like tobacco and i didnanae think it was grown here anymair.

Here the noo there are eight of my grandchildren, though some wull say one isnae a dow born, but he is noo one of mine. Lily is loving the water guns because it is roasting and the kids are spraying cold water on Lily and the three ither dugs.

Ah wish hingmie was still here, she wid have liked the day....AND FOR THAIS THIT havnae met Hingmie she is a young woman whas colouring is a delight...the caps lock was oan and i hadnae noticed.

Issis me wandering again ?????? ah think so so i had better shut it.

The wee lassie......am no oan any side because I havnae really got past the fact that this is a wee last thit has vanished....someone awready said that they cuidnae imagine anything worse for a parent and i agree.

And...Pat....saw yur double in a Tim Horton (the one in ridgetown)...oanly thing different was the colouring but the blond lady waas your double, same face, smile, dark framed glasses and even had twinkly een.

Must go and look for shorts or go tae Chatham and buy some.

tam

Harper: i dinnae have time for a PM so am jist gonnae tell ye the once....you are an extremely guid poster.

and am probably gonnae win the lottery the night.

Tam, I'm quite (or kwite, as oor HH would say) of a blueberry muffin of a morning dipped in a frothy cappachino. :lol: Actually, I've just bought a new espresso maker with a frothy steam jet thing. I have never had so much bliddy caffine in my life as I've had this week. I think I am trying to recapture ma youth, serving up frothy coffees at the cozy neuk cafe. I don't think we called them cappachinos or lattes in those days. :lol:

Goof luck with the shorts buying. If they are anything like the ones Ozneil wears in the photies he used to post, you'll get done for a crime against fashion. :P

Take care of yourself, sunshine.

Am here because i want tae post somethin but tryin no tae confuse too many folk, mahsel included, The previous post had a mention of me have a double chocolate muffin and I did the same thing this morning, in Windsor whaur I spent the night, Was Wednesday and Thursday night in Ridgetown...two days of bridge playing and a Friday aa meeting.

Decided, last night tae visit London (ontario)and picked up my income tax paper work which needs tae be completed and sent in; government has stopped a guid portion of my income until they get the paper work.

I am missing my English lady and that is aw ahm sayin oan that....thon is probably a lie. At my bloody age. Twid be easy tae say, "he should know better" but how...ye meet someone and how dae ye ken whaur yur emotions are gonnae lead. A sensible thing tae dae wid have been tae tak a look, realize thit this woman lives too far awa frae mahsel, is far too young, is attractive enough tae tak her pick...och, ah still widnae change what has gone on afore.

This mornin, efter the muffin, went tae the library and spent a bit of time on line. Phoned the DinL then drove tae Grande Point (40 miles) and noo am lookin for shorts soas tae go for a wee swim in the lake....no sure but it might be Lake Sainte Clair.

The drive tae here is gorgeous, fields and fields of crops. The wheat (mibee winter or mibee hay) has been harvested and many fields of stuble. Then there is the soya beans and corn....corn growth has changed over the last few years, ye cannae walk through a field of corn anymair because the planting has the stalks too close the gither...ustae get 25 bushels an acre and noo the yield is supposed tae be 250 bushes an acre....probably wrong because a non farmer is the fella whit told me...fact is though that the corn stalks are only two or three inches apart....and right noo it is six tae seven feet high.....and, saw one small field of what looks like tobacco and i didnanae think it was grown here anymair.

Here the noo there are eight of my grandchildren, though some wull say one isnae a dow born, but he is noo one of mine. Lily is loving the water guns because it is roasting and the kids are spraying cold water on Lily and the three ither dugs.

Ah wish hingmie was still here, she wid have liked the day....AND FOR THAIS THIT havnae met Hingmie she is a young woman whas colouring is a delight...the caps lock was oan and i hadnae noticed.

Issis me wandering again ?????? ah think so so i had better shut it.

The wee lassie......am no oan any side because I havnae really got past the fact that this is a wee last thit has vanished....someone awready said that they cuidnae imagine anything worse for a parent and i agree.

And...Pat....saw yur double in a Tim Horton (the one in ridgetown)...oanly thing different was the colouring but the blond lady waas your double, same face, smile, dark framed glasses and even had twinkly een.

Must go and look for shorts or go tae Chatham and buy some.

tam

Harper: i dinnae have time for a PM so am jist gonnae tell ye the once....you are an extremely guid poster.

and am probably gonnae win the lottery the night.

Tam, It WAS a shame that we were unable to meet up when I was in Canada but I do intend returning, as you do to Scotland. This makes me sure that our paths will cross again. Thanks for the compliments, they are always welcome, lol x

tam, plenty of silver in the hair but no blonde. We visited London twice when we were in Canada, you were here at the time. I liked it a lot. The University is lovely and we enjoyed a walk down by the River Thames. Very nice park. Jim played a gig at The Black Shire pub and we had a great time with some old blues fans. They had him playing for three hours and still asking for more. :rolleyes:

If you ever happen to pass by that way give my best to Morz.

Cappuccino and Muffin - an irresistible combination. I love the bran muffins you get in Canada. They don't do them in Starbucks here anymore. :(

Have fun with the grandchildren. I had Ryan, my grandson, his big sister, Caitlin, and two of my great nieces, Eve and Freya, at the park today. The children are always great fun.

I had tae re-register...mibee the change of e-mail address because i'm no usin the sympatico one. Did a post oan word and havenae a clue how tae paste it intae the forum..

I did the copy but cannae bring the word page up and copy ontae a r

"replytae post" thingmie

tamd

I have a wee post in "word". I can copy wee post and I can paste wee post but only to clipboard, cannae even send it in e-mail.

I will be return.....gonnae look for an eight year old tae get some advice oan this bloody microsoft s****.

tamd

I'm here, not exactly back from the dead but here jist the same; groanin frae the back row isnae acceptable.

Am using a lap top, one that isnae stolen, it's mine and the cost was $220.00, which, seein as "skype", complete we the camera and sich is included, is a real bargain. Also am daein this in "word", a programme am no ustae so I wull need tae see how it goes....nae sense in sayin this wull be a short post because one can nivvur tell, can one.

I have my ain apartment, jist the one bedroom, a double bed and only one change of sheets but that is enough....mind oany oh youse single femmes (French ye know) thit happen tae need a place tae rest yur weary heids wull find a willing host that disnae object tae sharin.

Ridgetown: a braw wee place, trees in abundance, clean, a community of right friendly folk and a "Senior Activity Centre" thit has the feel of a place for family gatherins...bridge three days a week so cannae complain oan that score.

Officially it is fall, the weather has turned colder and the trees are switching frae green tae reds and golds, a photographers delight. Jist a few days ago I was wanderin aboot the flat wearin no a lot of claithes and the day it's jeans, t-shirt, shirt we a collar (ah'm telt thit I need tae wear shirts we collars) and a cashmere sweater.

Tryin a copy and paste...no sure whit amdaein because this isnae the same as the mac.

tam

Nice to see you back, Tam and with a new registration? What happened? Have you been having technical problems?

I like your description of Fall. Here in parts of the UK we are burning, not at the stake, but under an unseasonally hot October sun. The Homeland sounds as dreach as it usually is at this time of year.

Glad to hear you are settled in your new home. It sounds very cosy and I hope you will be very happy there. Ridgetown sounds like a very welcoming community. Cozy up as the nights get chiller.

Blimey, this is a turn up for the books ..... poor wumin...:(

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/877096-scottish-woman-wakes-up-with-italian-accent-after-suffering-stroke

The brain is a truly remarkable organ. It sounds like it has tuned itself to the wrong station. I wonder if her accent will ever come back ...

Ladies....Maggs and Harper, wow, am a long time gone and tae be greeted upon my return by two sich as yursels....it cannae get better that this.

Another trip......England the middle of October, a month, and then ahm feart that this will be the last for some time.....the cash is near gone and the credit card is a wee bit peekit but absolutely nae regrets, life has been very guid tae me for a long time and especially since last January.......mind ahm still buyin lottery tickets so yees never can tell.

The new flat does need a womanly touch, ken the flairs need scrubbed the walls could be daein we a wash and ah've claithes tae pit awa...and ahm telt that wimmen are guid for hoosework....mind I have met Maggs and she widnae look oota place oan the arm of a millionaire.

The lap top is quite guid but i am lookin forward tae the auld mac...e-mail addresses, some wee stories started and ithur stuff is restin in the mac.

tamd

PS jist crossed my mind thit I have said that men dinnae "sashay", thon is somethin thit only a woman can manage......ah forgot aboot John Wayne.

Time you got in touch with your femmine side, Tam and got yourself some marigolds and a packet of flash.

Women, housework.... pfft!:lol:

Ladies....Maggs and Harper, wow, am a long time gone and tae be greeted upon my return by two sich as yursels....it cannae get better that this.

Another trip......England the middle of October, a month, and then ahm feart that this will be the last for some time.....the cash is near gone and the credit card is a wee bit peekit but absolutely nae regrets, life has been very guid tae me for a long time and especially since last January.......mind ahm still buyin lottery tickets so yees never can tell.

The new flat does need a womanly touch, ken the flairs need scrubbed the walls could be daein we a wash and ah've claithes tae pit awa...and ahm telt that wimmen are guid for hoosework....mind I have met Maggs and she widnae look oota place oan the arm of a millionaire.

The lap top is quite guid but i am lookin forward tae the auld mac...e-mail addresses, some wee stories started and ithur stuff is restin in the mac.

tamd

PS jist crossed my mind thit I have said that men dinnae "sashay", thon is somethin thit only a woman can manage......ah forgot aboot John Wayne.

Great to hear from ye, but what are you all about. !! Men are perfectly capable of doing all of the above! Yer at it, Mr !

Hingmie....guid tae hear frae yurself.....ahm guessin you are still getting many an admiring look and accolades aplenty for your posts.

Iwill dae as you said and start the housework, the morra, baseboard heaters need washed and the stairway wid frighten a ghost.

tamd

PS did i tell yees that I saw the outside and the magnificent INSIDE of the Sydney Opera House ?

PPS lottery the night so keep yur fingers crossed.

Hiya tam,

Glad to hear that you're still a wandering man but have managed to find you're way back here. :)

Good, Good, Good:

I was wondering where the boss lady had got to.....you are much thought of. A trip to England is on the agenda and then it will be a return to Ridgetown and reality. Only here for a few minutes as this is a duplicate bridge day.....the lap top can sure try the patience of this old man.

tam

PS I am told to write proper English......sometimes it's much mair comfortable daein the ithur.

Good, Good, Good:

I was wondering where the boss lady had got to.....you are much thought of. A trip to England is on the agenda and then it will be a return to Ridgetown and reality. Only here for a few minutes as this is a duplicate bridge day.....the lap top can sure try the patience of this old man.

tam

PS I am told to write proper English......sometimes it's much mair comfortable daein the ithur.

You're cramming too much pleasure in by the sound of things, tam, - "duplicate bridge day". I've heard it all now. :lol:

Cooking, with flair:-I may have posted this before, or maybe not. Last week, following orders to eat properly, I bought a couple of boneless chicken breasts. The plan was to coat them with bread crumbs or something similar;refused to buy the "shake and bake" because it was fifty cents more than crumbs.

Next to the dear stuff are about six or seven other brands and I spied "Grissol Melba Toast".....I imagined a powder which I would coat the breasts with. Chicken is rinsed and the few pieces of fat are cut away. Tin foil is spread and I open the box of "Melba Toast". Surprise, surprise, the box contains melba toast,very thin peices but no where near a powder.....I will cope.

Melba Toast slices are rubbed against each other and some powder lands on the chicken but not enough, not nearly enough. I lose patience and try to crunch the slices. Not entirely successful but the chicken breasts are somewhat covered and placed in an oven pre-heating to 375.

I now have 30 to 45 minutes to wait so I go to the computer. Not paying attention to time I am startled to hear a squealing sound. First thought is, "that cannae be the chicken". I go to the kitchen and the intermittent squealing continues. I reach for the phone and decide that is not what is making the noise. I ponder,thinking, I have heard that noise in the past....aha, the smoke detector.

Cannae find it and start to wonder if it really is a smoke detector because there isnae even a perceptible amount of smoke anywhere.

I open the door which leads to the stairs and find the smoke alarm...squealin bugger soitis. I remove it from its holder and it still makes noise. I carry it into the bedroom and it shuts up,silence reigns.

Opening the oven door I see the problem....the chicken isnae burnt but the bigger pieces of melba toast are quite singed....it tasted a treat.

So, for a change of diet,tonight I boiled a few potatoes so that I may have home fries for breakfast. Am a wee bitty oot of practice and dinnae cut the potatoes;could only get four intae the wee pot. Potatoes are boiled and now sit cooling on a plate.

Now I have followed advice and have made a pot of tea,first tea in a month. First two cup are excellent. Cup three is cold.....so....no microwave oven,whats a man gonnae dae....nae worries. A woman would have thrown the tea out and made another pot, but, I have ingenuity....also a coffee percolator.....i remove the coffee pot, empty my cold tea into where the water goes and click the percolator into action. Place mug into the catching position and using a spoon, hold the wee stopper open....voila.

tam

Cooking, with flair:-I may have posted this before, or maybe not. Last week, following orders to eat properly, I bought a couple of boneless chicken breasts. The plan was to coat them with bread crumbs or something similar;refused to buy the "shake and bake" because it was fifty cents more than crumbs.

Next to the dear stuff are about six or seven other brands and I spied "Grissol Melba Toast".....I imagined a powder which I would coat the breasts with. Chicken is rinsed and the few pieces of fat are cut away. Tin foil is spread and I open the box of "Melba Toast". Surprise, surprise, the box contains melba toast,very thin peices but no where near a powder.....I will cope.

Melba Toast slices are rubbed against each other and some powder lands on the chicken but not enough, not nearly enough. I lose patience and try to crunch the slices. Not entirely successful but the chicken breasts are somewhat covered and placed in an oven pre-heating to 375.

I now have 30 to 45 minutes to wait so I go to the computer. Not paying attention to time I am startled to hear a squealing sound. First thought is, "that cannae be the chicken". I go to the kitchen and the intermittent squealing continues. I reach for the phone and decide that is not what is making the noise. I ponder,thinking, I have heard that noise in the past....aha, the smoke detector.

Cannae find it and start to wonder if it really is a smoke detector because there isnae even a perceptible amount of smoke anywhere.

I open the door which leads to the stairs and find the smoke alarm...squealin bugger soitis. I remove it from its holder and it still makes noise. I carry it into the bedroom and it shuts up,silence reigns.

Opening the oven door I see the problem....the chicken isnae burnt but the bigger pieces of melba toast are quite singed....it tasted a treat.

So, for a change of diet,tonight I boiled a few potatoes so that I may have home fries for breakfast. Am a wee bitty oot of practice and dinnae cut the potatoes;could only get four intae the wee pot. Potatoes are boiled and now sit cooling on a plate.

Now I have followed advice and have made a pot of tea,first tea in a month. First two cup are excellent. Cup three is cold.....so....no microwave oven,whats a man gonnae dae....nae worries. A woman would have thrown the tea out and made another pot, but, I have ingenuity....also a coffee percolator.....i remove the coffee pot, empty my cold tea into where the water goes and click the percolator into action. Place mug into the catching position and using a spoon, hold the wee stopper open....voila.

tam

Fries for breakfast, tam. :rolleyes: Do you want a recipe for tottie scones? :)

Is this a new NHS policy of doing exactly what it says on the tin?

keech.jpg

:lol: It'll never catch on in Scotland, samsc.

Kismot Indian restaurant in Edinburgh was a bit generous with the chilli at their fund raising event. Competitors were left writhing in agony and one of them wash rushed to hospital twice after eating the hot, hot curry.

The response was: "‘I think we’ll tone it down, but we’ll definitely do it next year.’ :lol:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2045467/Hottest-chilli-contest-participants-left-vomiting-pain-2-hospitalised-Edinburgh.html#ixzz1b4R09wEQ

I'm not a great fan of the World Cup series, more of a Six Nations fan myself but great win for New Zeland in the World Cup Rugby Final. (NZ 8 France 7).

My tickets for the 2012 (Six Nations) Calcutta Cup will be dropping through the door any day now. Murrayfield here I come! :D :D