Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
The Jolly Jumjoogler

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

3.19 PM and am back at the whatsit. Bought the Uggs and discovered thit some of the retailers are tryin tae sell the quarter inch sole for the same price as the half inch.....and two pair for $302.?? with a 10% rebate from the Oz government...nae idea whit tae dae we it because am thinking it will be a cheque in Oz dollars; was going to open a bank account but the banks (the ones I saw) wur closed.

This neighbourhood would be a grand place tae spend a wee bit of time. I ken an English lady thit wid have been great company, wonderin, window shopping and enough places (parks and coffee houses)for a wee sit doon and a cuppa.

The lassie thit works reception here has jist telt me that they dinnae dae wake-up calls....am either gonnae be begging someone tae call me or staying up all night....and nae off colour remarks.

A beautiful day here, a nice breeze which is needed because the sun has really warmed up.

I have this computer for an hour, even though the hotel rules say "once per day" unless ye book for twelve hours.

I wull mibee be back later.

tam

PS I was advised tae go tae the "EMU" store, for the "Uggs".......woman telt me it was a great sale...quarter inch soles would have cost $28.00 per pair, more.

PPS and am still trying tae gie awa the lottery ticket.....thurs some that gie ye the impression that you are definitely tryin a con.

You know, reading the papers today I am feeling socially inadequate. Not one person has tapped my phone and I huvnae had to apply for a super injunction.

Me and my bog standard existence.... rolleyes.gif

I know it has been awhile.....a great deal of forgiveness and patience is asked for. Some really brilliant posts and very happy to see that glasgowwestend is alive and well....Glasgow is targeted for the nights of the eighteenth and nineteenth of this month....Goad wull ye please let some of them be aroond.

Wur flying tae furryboots, next Tuesday. Two nights there, two nights in Perth and then it is Glasgow.

Haven't booked glasgow yet and this is a bridge night so wull dae it later.

Am awa tae eat but wull be returnin afore long.

tam

I know it has been awhile.....a great deal of forgiveness and patience is asked for. Some really brilliant posts and very happy to see that glasgowwestend is alive and well....Glasgow is targeted for the nights of the eighteenth and nineteenth of this month....Goad wull ye please let some of them be aroond.

Wur flying tae furryboots, next Tuesday. Two nights there, two nights in Perth and then it is Glasgow.

Haven't booked glasgow yet and this is a bridge night so wull dae it later.

Am awa tae eat but wull be returnin afore long.

tam

What a globetrotter you are, tam. Good to hear from you but will miss your visit to Glasgow as not around this time.

Pat: that is definitely a bugger, was really hoping that my visit would not be when you were away. Also, guid luck tae Jimbo, am sure he will be well received on this side of the pond.

TraveLodge is advertising super low rates for a two night stay.....am telt that we will need to book first thing in the morning.

tam

Och, ah hear the moans and groans awready and am no bothert: I was sent tae 'coventry' and did my time so ahm back for a wee blether. England has been an enjoyable time and during the past two months a week in Scotland; Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth visited and a beautiful chauffeur.

Ahm here because one oh thais wee pleasantries happened a bit earlier. Yees ken that i dinnae have a difficult time in striking up a conversation we strangers and daein this in Scotland seems quite natural; England is a wee bit different. The ladies are fine, quite happy tae have a chat but the men are maistly reluctant, mibee a national shyness. However I have persisted.

The ithur day, in reply tae three hellos tae three different men I received silence (a glance upward was thrown in), a nod and a grunt: BUT, today was different. Am awa for a walk tae buy a couple of scratch tickets and I saw a man daein a lovely job wee the pruning shears....an absolutely beautiful rose bush. Am a couple of steps frae the man and I 'good dayed' and he cocked his heid tae one side, smiled and said,'good afternoon'. I was surprised and very pleased.

Continued tae the shop and got the tickets (nae cost because we had a three pound winner). Walking back I took the same route. The man was cutting a wee stretch of lawn situated next tae the kerb and am no really payin much attention. Ahm jist a few steps frae him and he turns, gies me a big smile and over the sound of the lawn mower says, 'lovely day'......ahm no positive of the exact words but the response was most welcome.

And last Tuesday had a partner (Bridge) wha's first name is Angus. He is third generation English and the weerdest co-incidence, his surname is Paten, as is my regular partner back in Ridgetown.

Ahm awa oan Wednesday so shuid be postin oan the weekend..........boo aw yees want, i cannae hear a thing, deif ye ken.

tam

Och, ah hear the moans and groans awready and am no bothert: I was sent tae 'coventry' and did my time so ahm back for a wee blether. England has been an enjoyable time and during the past two months a week in Scotland; Aberdeen, Inverness, Perth visited and a beautiful chauffeur.

Ahm here because one oh thais wee pleasantries happened a bit earlier. Yees ken that i dinnae have a difficult time in striking up a conversation we strangers and daein this in Scotland seems quite natural; England is a wee bit different. The ladies are fine, quite happy tae have a chat but the men are maistly reluctant, mibee a national shyness. However I have persisted.

The ithur day, in reply tae three hellos tae three different men I received silence (a glance upward was thrown in), a nod and a grunt: BUT, today was different. Am awa for a walk tae buy a couple of scratch tickets and I saw a man daein a lovely job wee the pruning shears....an absolutely beautiful rose bush. Am a couple of steps frae the man and I 'good dayed' and he cocked his heid tae one side, smiled and said,'good afternoon'. I was surprised and very pleased.

Continued tae the shop and got the tickets (nae cost because we had a three pound winner). Walking back I took the same route. The man was cutting a wee stretch of lawn situated next tae the kerb and am no really payin much attention. Ahm jist a few steps frae him and he turns, gies me a big smile and over the sound of the lawn mower says, 'lovely day'......ahm no positive of the exact words but the response was most welcome.

And last Tuesday had a partner (Bridge) wha's first name is Angus. He is third generation English and the weerdest co-incidence, his surname is Paten, as is my regular partner back in Ridgetown.

Ahm awa oan Wednesday so shuid be postin oan the weekend..........boo aw yees want, i cannae hear a thing, deif ye ken.

tam

Hiya tam, Glad to hear you're still enjoying your travels - even been to Coventry. That's the first I heard about that. Would have been nice to see you in Canada. Thinks you were here when I was there.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and hope you run into some cheery folk. :)

I can't make out whether you are globetrotting or at home, Tam but glad to hear you are well and thriving by the sounds of it.

Keep us posted.:)

Still in England...flight tomorrow. Heartbroken that oor wullie has bit the dust.....I suppose he isnae part of the public domain.

Am returnin tae Canada and nae idea whaur ahm gonnae lay my heid, hoose in Windsor isnae ready and the hoose in ridgetown still disnae have a shower.

tak guid care of yursels.

tam

Yep, me too

Has something been reported in The Sunday Post perhaps?

Tam, I'm sure you'll find a place to lay your head no bother. Keep us up to date.:)

11.15 PM and I am at daughter's hoose in London, Ontario.....travels over for a wee while. I am looking forward to a day in Ridgetown, that thriving metropolis with almost thirty-five hundred residents.

Probably going to live in the hoose in Windsor, an hours drive from Ridgetown.

Harper and Sam.......if i've the ability tae leave the pair of yees confused am gonnae be askin a uni for an honorary phd.

AND when I catch my breath am gonnae send a few thank-you electronic messages.....some very guid and patient bridge partners and ithurs.

Ahm falling asleep so must shuffle off tae bed.....perchance tae dream

tam

PS just starting tae realize how much I have missed the wee toun and thais that frequent this site.....night all.

11.15 PM and I am at daughter's hoose in London, Ontario.....travels over for a wee while. I am looking forward to a day in Ridgetown, that thriving metropolis with almost thirty-five hundred residents.

Probably going to live in the hoose in Windsor, an hours drive from Ridgetown.

Harper and Sam.......if i've the ability tae leave the pair of yees confused am gonnae be askin a uni for an honorary phd.

AND when I catch my breath am gonnae send a few thank-you electronic messages.....some very guid and patient bridge partners and ithurs.

Ahm falling asleep so must shuffle off tae bed.....perchance tae dream

tam

PS just starting tae realize how much I have missed the wee toun and thais that frequent this site.....night all.

Tam, you're up late, or early? Is that not about 6 a.m. with you? Although, maybe I'm confused and placing you in the wrong country. :rolleyes: Sleep well. :)

I had to laugh at some of the terms of a young student friend's lease:

",,,no drinking someone else's beer, no going into anyone else's bedroom unless you need to switch off their alarm clock or give warning if planning a party"

At least they are anticipating some fun. :lol:

Thanks to whomever for the return of Wullie.

tam

And I shall try and be back tomorrow.

Thanks to whomever for the return of Wullie.

tam

And I shall try and be back tomorrow.

Be good to see you, tam. I hear your weather is incredibly hot - keep cool!

It was the the techies who sorted out the avatar blip.

London Ontario: Hot and humid.....Windsor: Extremely hot and humid...... Ridgetown: Hot and humid but with a constant breeze. now looking for a flat in ridgetown...or a house share with no smokers.

tam

It is a wee bit past one in the efternoon, here. McDonalds earlier; a double chocolate muffin with two butters and a double double coffee.....$1.46, which isnae too bad.

Maistly auld folk having late breakfast. A man we a guitar and a repertoire of C&W from some years ago....did a few George Jones, Merle Haggard and Hank Snow....he was well received and there were no objections from management or the other patrons.

The hoose here is far too dusty and for me tae dae the dusting isnae worth the coughing fits....I was thinking of running a hose frae the upstairs bathroom and letting the house flood.....dinnae think it wid dae much damage but it seems I nae longer own a garden hose....noo why wid someone go tae the trouble of removing the hose and leaving thon plastic contraption which holds the hose.

tam

and dinnae youse forget ahm lookin for a hoose share so if yees ken anyone frae Ridgetown, gie us a guid recommendation....remind t6hem that I still have a license and am guid for sendin tae the grocers......nae other talents am afraid.