Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you don't get a direct recommendation here Maggs, I'd start with party shops or events and promotions companies, Maggs. Once call could get you the right lead.

Sounds fun, is it a celebration?

Thanks Harper, I will go online and try what you said, if I can't find somewehere in Glasgow. It's my daughters 40th birthday in May and I am in charge of decorating the venue.

Thanks Harper, I will go online and try what you said, if I can't find somewehere in Glasgow. It's my daughters 40th birthday in May and I am in charge of decorating the venue.

Fantastic! You could have a HH lookilikey jumpin' oot a cake wearing a thong? laugh.gif

Fantastic! You could have a HH lookilikey jumpin' oot a cake wearing a thong? laugh.gif

Good lord, harper. Your imagination is fairly runnin' away wi' yie. :)

Maggs will be signing you up for assistant party planner.

I'm sure you'll do your lassie proud, Maggs.

Hingmie:- Nae lottery win and as for a "rich widow", i am enriched beyond belief....i did a post a few minutes ago and lost it....Plus, i kept hearing voices, Pat and Harper, one sharpening the blue pencil and the other oiling her strap.

In the bank the ithur day and made inquiries aboot Australian currency. The lassie laughs and says, "are you off on another trip" ? and I tell her, "yes". She is grinnin ear tae ear and asks if I have any money left and I try and assure her that there is enough, barely, tae cover the credit card.

The hoose money is very nearly a thing of the past but the meomories are priceless. And wur addin tae the memories we a visit tae Glasgow...late Jue or sometime in July.

Am gonnae heed the voices but wull dae PMs...am fair burstin tae tell somebody aboot my very special friend.

Luck, serendipity or the man upstairs bein mair guid tae me than i deserve, i cannae tell, am awfy grateful though.

tam

ah hope this posts okay

Well I never got a pm so conclude I am not to be privy to the news re your very special friend ? Stick bubbly then.

Well I never got a pm so conclude I am not to be privy to the news re your very special friend ? Stick bubbly then.

I'm sure if you pm, tam, showing your interest that he will be only too keen to respond, hingmie. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with witches. A better role than Glinda the santimonious hag, a deluded dunderheid wae a dug, and the three stooges. Witchy and bitchy wins every time. They dropped the house on the wrong one, IMV. laugh.gif

Anybody read Wicked, btw? - all replies on the bookchat thread.laugh.gif

Edited by poster:

Hingmie, you beautiful and special lady. I have visited paradise. Wanted to share my experiences with you and all the other special folk of glasgowwestend, but thought it better not to post.

I did think of private messages (much nicer than the abbreviation)(and who would have thunk there were two "Bs" in that word) but favoured e-mail. Did e-mails to the e-mail addresses I have.

Paradise is all that Hollywood says it is. When events occur and we are no longer in Paradise, it is the pits, a time for all consuming self pity, a time where, thank God, folk you know do get in touch.

I am back in Ridgetown and will be here until 21st/April....until then I had better move my arse and get posting.

till later this evening,

tam

PS am gonnae meet Oz.....i still cannae believe that.

PPS This morning the first poster I noticed was Iona....a harbinger of guid things.

and nae yellin frae my "friend", you will have heard or I shall try a copy and paste...awfy difficult because the imac is very old and tired.

Vanity, sheer (cannae be ersed tae look it up...it might be "ea") vanity.

Am in a hurry, need tae visit friends for my shower and be back here, at the hoose, for 12.20. Nae time tae waste but hadtae have a look tae see if oanyone responded tae my furst, in a long bloody while, post....a swelt heid, somethin my Mum tried tae curb.

tam

PS Hello Jo...saw the photaes, smashin sotheyare....how is "gettin aulder by the minute" daein. Mind you keep him oan a short leash but gie him freedom tae click.

Vanity, sheer (cannae be ersed tae look it up...it might be "ea") vanity.

Am in a hurry, need tae visit friends for my shower and be back here, at the hoose, for 12.20. Nae time tae waste but hadtae have a look tae see if oanyone responded tae my furst, in a long bloody while, post....a swelt heid, somethin my Mum tried tae curb.

tam

PS Hello Jo...saw the photaes, smashin sotheyare....how is "gettin aulder by the minute" daein. Mind you keep him oan a short leash but gie him freedom tae click.

Tom emailed forwarded as requested :rolleyes:

Hingmie, you beautiful and special lady. I have visited paradise. Wanted to share my experiences with you and all the other special folk of glasgowwestend, but thought it better not to post.

I did think of private messages (much nicer than the abbreviation)(and who would have thunk there were two "Bs" in that word) but favoured e-mail. Did e-mails to the e-mail addresses I have.

Paradise is all that Hollywood says it is. When events occur and we are no longer in Paradise, it is the pits, a time for all consuming self pity, a time where, thank God, folk you know do get in touch.

I am back in Ridgetown and will be here until 21st/April....until then I had better move my arse and get posting.

till later this evening,

tam

PS am gonnae meet Oz.....i still cannae believe that.

PPS This morning the first poster I noticed was Iona....a harbinger of guid things.

and nae yellin frae my "friend", you will have heard or I shall try a copy and paste...awfy difficult because the imac is very old and tired.

What an exciting time you are having, tam, you globetrotter you. :)

Hope you will return to Paradise before too long.

I found this on my web travels inspired by one of LG's pics which made the Glasgow tenements look like New York - NY has it's own tenement museum like ours up in Garnethill great pics

http://www.tenement.org/about.html

I didn't know that, IonaW, might manage a wee non-virtual visit in the Summertime. :)

Good morning, all:- nae idea whit this post is aboot so am gonnae dae a "text edit" and wull endeavour tae keep it short.

I read the thread started by Rory, pleasant, helpful, stay for a wee chat;... sorta mirrors some of my wanderins aboot Buchanan Street, and the folk I met.

am awa

tam

Good morning, all:- nae idea whit this post is aboot so am gonnae dae a "text edit" and wull endeavour tae keep it short.

I read the thread started by Rory, pleasant, helpful, stay for a wee chat;... sorta mirrors some of my wanderins aboot Buchanan Street, and the folk I met.

am awa

tam

B) If Rory can translate any of the posts he will come in fine and handy, tam.

Hope all is well in Ridgetown. Is the weather picking up?

Getting brigher here. My family have moved into Springtime mode and dragged me along with them - spent yesterday playing badminton, going for a swim and then went and bought garden stuff. Including gooseberry bushes. Got to get them in fast.

I had overexerted myself so much that I was still wakened at 4 a.m. My body and brain were in shock. :)

6:18 AM....oot of bed for better than an oor. Read a couple of e-mailed messages; it isnae sich a bad life, "no too bad" as we wid say in Perth, the meaning bein, "it's damn guid" and soitis.

Snowin again: well whit wid ye expect, it's Canada efter aw, snow happens. Ken wur supposed tae get sick of thon, same as back hame we wur supposed tae get sick of the rain; ay, there are times when the weather, oany kind, dis get a wee bit much but for me, no the day....the day started grand and wull continue, less of course i dae somethin tae change things.

At a meeting the ithur night and the auld chestnut, "you urnae responsible for the happiness of others and they urnae responsible for your happiness" mibee so but a fair number of folk have contributed large tae my happiness and well bein, thurs some thit am maist grateful tae ken.

Dae yees ever wonder aboot the paper and cardboard thit ye separate ? Try "Shreddies". Nae idea why I bought them again, but I did....a wee difference this time because I bought a bag of grapes tae make them edible....ahm telt there are thais that wid eat them we jist a bit of milk...ay well, nae accountin for taste, or lack of same.

Among ithur things am still in love we my "kindle", "Pud'nhead Wilson" at the moment.....Twain, the man could write, and he was far mair than a writer. Funny enough I think of Twain and it isnae a big leap tae Denise....well mibee it is a big leap, certainly worth the effort though, a very attractive young woman and "Exile" sheer brilliance.

Maggs, if i knew how tae dae a wink, i wid.

See that, brevity in the extreme....must be my age.

tam

Life sounds good with you, Tam and that's cheering. smile.gif

I always think 5 foot snow drifts sound terrible romantic. They do good snow in Canada... not like the piddlin' stuff we get here in the UK. tongue.gif

I'm imagining snow and kindle reading by big roaring fires ..... smile.gif

Harper:- life is guid, ah mean how many can brag thit one of the finest writers/posters oan glasgowwestend, is a FRIEND, friend.

And speaking of winter, my feeling is that you would have enjoyed Niagara Falls in early February; lots of snow but roads clear, temps best described as crisp, brilliant blue skies and jist enough tourists tae make it feel right.

Groundhog day is a few weeks past and "Wiarton Willie" said thit winter wull be finished within the next week.

tam