Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
The Jolly Jumjoogler

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

For Tam ( this guy is hauling grain)

This may interest you

inside of truck

BTW The guy has a Queensland accent

:lol::P:) so glad you put that bit in about his accent, I was struggling to work out if he was speaking English. Bloody big truck by the way :lol: I take it they are more for the driving in a straight line logistics market. I cannot imagine doing a turn at traffic lights in one of those.

:lol::P:) so glad you put that bit in about his accent, I was struggling to work out if he was speaking English. Bloody big truck by the way :lol: I take it they are more for the driving in a straight line logistics market. I cannot imagine doing a turn at traffic lights in one of those.

Hell thats a normal accent. Imagine me hitting Central Station & meeting weejie for the first time!!!!

These road trains are in the Western Plains from WA to the Great Dividing Range in the East. They dont cross the mountains.

BTW A "Jump up" is an escarpment. He has just climbed it and is waiting for his truck to cool a bit

would be hauling grain to, probably, Dalby where it would be transhipped on to the railways to go to the ports.

It took a while but I finally saw the KW. The front of the tractor shows the KW but the bunk isnae standard Kenworth. Mind nothing wrong we the Kenworth bunks, very comfortable, usually three quarters with an extra drop down bunk and after 98 maist come with a central vacuum.

the man was asking aboot the single being oan the back, as opposed tae the lead...no really a big difference if all are loaded, it maistly depends oan which ye want tae empty furst.

I was team driving and the ithur lad was the driver when we got a set of super "B"s tae Calgary.

I telt him they were better tae haul than a straight 53'. he asked if I wid hook them up and we changed seats. He starts oot the tractor and i telt him tae stay in the cab and added, "if i'm gonnae run over anyone, it's wise if it isnae my relief driver". The beauty of the super "B"s is that we a bit of practice ye can back them up...I knew a man thit drove them aw the time and when he got tae Hiram Walkers he wid back the one intae the dock, drop it and then drop the ithur in the next bay....naebody can dae that we regular trains.

The las video thit I saw aboot thais Oz triple hook up, the man had a kenworth and i think the tranny had a 4 x 5...that much weight ye use aw the gears.

Thank you Oz and a Merry tae you and yours.

In the winter time ye dinnae want weight at the very back because if it starts tae come aroond, it wull gie ye aw kinds of trouble....a light trailer almost never comes aroond. And I am aware of the lumber haulers...maist are brain deid and cannae work oot which load comes off furst.

tam

Noo ay havtae tell yees aboot a very special lady wha lives in Ridgetown. If wur short a player we jist need tae phone Bea and she arrives, pronto.

No a bad bridge player and is quite competitive.

A wee while ago she and her partner had reached a four bid contract and i doubled. Bea glances at her hand and gies me the frown, while sayin "right mister".

Wur getting near the end of the hand and my side only has two tricks and there are three cards tae be played; Bea gies a teeny wee smile and purses her lips.

I take the next trick and Bea isnae smiling when she says, "am watching". I have the last trump and I lead it (down one) and Bea calls me a stinker...she is so loud that everyone in the room stops and laughs.

I then take the last trick and Bea is down two, "oh", she says, "you are really awful" reaches for my hand and adds, "but i love you anyway".

tam

PS am awa we the budgies...thon isnae whit i started tae tell yees so am gonnae havtae return later and if yees dinnae mind jist stop the bloody groanin.

Nothing but trouble trying tae get my camera charged and didnae even think of asking a resident photog.....sent the man an e-mail and hoping for an answer afore i go tae Canterbury.

tam

Nothing but trouble trying tae get my camera charged and didnae even think of asking a resident photog.....sent the man an e-mail and hoping for an answer afore i go tae Canterbury.

tam

Awe, tam, send it to me and I'll ask Jimbo.

You usually just remove the battery, put it in the charger and plug in. I expect you've tried that. :lol:

Pat:

I am told that i need an adaptor...camera bought in Canada....different plugs and voltages....a young woman at Moor Hall told me that the easiset way of charging the thing is with a car lighter and a usb adaptor. Visited Sony, today and they wanted me to buy an adaptor kit which cost more than the camera.

tam

Pat:

I am told that i need an adaptor...camera bought in Canada....different plugs and voltages....a young woman at Moor Hall told me that the easiset way of charging the thing is with a car lighter and a usb adaptor. Visited Sony, today and they wanted me to buy an adaptor kit which cost more than the camera.

tam

That's a shame, tam. I hope one of your relatives can dig out an adaptor. If you can't resolve the problem you could maybe buy a disposable camera and at least get some shots or borrow a camera. Hope you can get something sorted. :)

Some news for you coming up on the Honours List topic. :lol:

This is a specially formulated diet designed to help women cope with the stress that builds during the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BREAKFAST

1 grapefruit

1 slice whole-wheat toast

1 cup skim milk

LUNCH

1 small portion lean, steamed chicken with a cup of spinach

1 cup herbal tea

1 Hershey's Kiss

AFTERNOON TEA

The rest of the Hershey Kisses in the bag

1 tub of Hagen-Daaz ice cream with chocolate-chip topping

DINNER

4 glasses of wine (red or white)

2 loaves garlic bread

1 family-size Supreme pizza

3 Snickers bars

LATE NIGHT SNACK

1 whole Sarah Lee cheesecake (eaten directly from the freezer)

REMEMBER: "Stressed" spelled backward is "desserts". Send this to four women and you will lose two pounds. Send this to all the women you know or ever knew), and you will lose 10 pounds. If you delete this message, you will gain 10 pounds immediately. That's why I had to pass this on - I didn't want to risk it!

This is a specially formulated diet designed to help women cope with the stress that builds during the day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BREAKFAST

1 grapefruit

1 slice whole-wheat toast

1 cup skim milk

LUNCH

1 small portion lean, steamed chicken with a cup of spinach

1 cup herbal tea

1 Hershey's Kiss

AFTERNOON TEA

The rest of the Hershey Kisses in the bag

1 tub of Hagen-Daaz ice cream with chocolate-chip topping

DINNER

4 glasses of wine (red or white)

2 loaves garlic bread

1 family-size Supreme pizza

3 Snickers bars

LATE NIGHT SNACK

1 whole Sarah Lee cheesecake (eaten directly from the freezer)

REMEMBER: "Stressed" spelled backward is "desserts". Send this to four women and you will lose two pounds. Send this to all the women you know or ever knew), and you will lose 10 pounds. If you delete this message, you will gain 10 pounds immediately. That's why I had to pass this on - I didn't want to risk it!

No chance of me deleting this, LG. :)

p.s. I've sent it to all the women I ever knew, my fingers are skeletal with all that typing. :D

Walked tae downtown Basildon....rainy but no cold. Retrieved my tickets for Canterbury and talked tae the ticket man. One part of my journey itinerary has, 'Bus to Unknown FSA' and i asked the man tae explain that. He is less than five minutes and adds a sheet to my journey itinerary....his sheet has, 'Bus to Unknown FSA'. I'm hoping someone at Stratford (London) wull point me in the right direction.

Afore going tae the train station I stopped in the mall at an ice cream stand. The lady gies me a smile and I says, 'we have met before'....she says, 'yes we have, lost agin are we darlin' ? and she tells me how tae find the station. I then went for a cuppa and did a scratch card. Back tae the ice cream lady and she gies me directions for 'Argus', am still tryin for a battery or an adaptor.

The ice cream lady is nice as ninepence and I telt her....she says am a sweetheart so tomorrow am wearing dress troosers and am polishing my shoes....one never can tell how these things wull end.

Am here because the rain is pourin steady and am seriously contemplatin a bus back tae the hoose....a lady bus driver charged a pound and a man charged £1.60.....am probably gonnae wait for a lady driver....it is not me being cheep, jist frugal.

tam

Walked tae downtown Basildon....rainy but no cold. Retrieved my tickets for Canterbury and talked tae the ticket man. One part of my journey itinerary has, 'Bus to Unknown FSA' and i asked the man tae explain that. He is less than five minutes and adds a sheet to my journey itinerary....his sheet has, 'Bus to Unknown FSA'. I'm hoping someone at Stratford (London) wull point me in the right direction.

Afore going tae the train station I stopped in the mall at an ice cream stand. The lady gies me a smile and I says, 'we have met before'....she says, 'yes we have, lost agin are we darlin' ? and she tells me how tae find the station. I then went for a cuppa and did a scratch card. Back tae the ice cream lady and she gies me directions for 'Argus', am still tryin for a battery or an adaptor.

The ice cream lady is nice as ninepence and I telt her....she says am a sweetheart so tomorrow am wearing dress troosers and am polishing my shoes....one never can tell how these things wull end.

Am here because the rain is pourin steady and am seriously contemplatin a bus back tae the hoose....a lady bus driver charged a pound and a man charged £1.60.....am probably gonnae wait for a lady driver....it is not me being cheep, jist frugal.

tam

Ha! ha! or fair to say, maybe you just like the ladies. Hope you get home oot that rain for a quid, tam. :D It's Argos.

Stay away from lady bus drivers, Tam. I remember asking one what she would take to let me kiss her.....Chloroform, apparently. :D

Stay away from lady bus drivers, Tam. I remember asking one what she would take to let me kiss her.....Chloroform, apparently. :o

I like it !!!!!

lol: :D:):o:lol:

Chloroform, the man says.....jist wonderin, dae ye think it wid help.....nah nivvur mind.

tam

ps issit easy tae come by ?

A Day in the Life of:-

Yesterday was my walkabout (wis that no the name of an Australian movie ?). A very attractive lady, a lady of a certain age, met with me and we spent most of the day the gither...twas jist like a date, nae haudin hauns ur nuthin but very much like a date.

We walked and talked, and the HH man shuid haud his wheesht because i have nae trouble we admittin thit i did masit of the talkin....it is whit i dae and try as i might, i cannae seem tae stop.

Saw a guid bit of the Thames, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square, afore the lady hadtae go hame.

A very guid day we a lot of laughs....Friday i'm awa tae Winchester....Harper wull ken wha did the song, 'Winchester Cathedral'.

Havnae got the camera sorted and didnae think tae gie the lady the battery because she does have an adaptor.

The diminutive 'she' is still no easy tae use when speaking of certain females; mibee anithur thing tae add when wur blaming age for idiosyncracies.

tam

and it did rain a wee bit yesterday... and for thais thait have a mental picture of me holdin an umbrella in one haun while the ithur arm is wrapped aroond a very attractive female, jist didnae happen...am quite sure that the lady knew of my reputation for clumsiness (fa'in doon stairs) and wasnae gonnae risk her brolly.

AND my latest great-granddaughter is on facebook....gorgeous.....am gonnae try and learn tae dae photaes of the six and post them on the HH thread aboot nae cats ur dugs....havnae telt Lily that she widnae be welcome oan that thread.

tam

AND my latest great-granddaughter is on facebook....gorgeous.....am gonnae try and learn tae dae photaes of the six and post them on the HH thread aboot nae cats ur dugs....havnae telt Lily that she widnae be welcome oan that thread.

tam

Tam, Lily can go up on the photographs thread. Don't hurt her feelings. :rolleyes: