Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honest to goodness does the man never gie up, he invited me too, do you think he has two toothbrushes under his pillow

Tam comes across as very kind and generous,although a tad befuddled at times, wanting to offer similar hospitality that he received here in Scotland. I do intend to visit relatives in Canada hopefully 2011 and may well arrange a catch up with him then. It has never occurred to me that folk kept toothbrushes for guests under their pillows before, Maggs so mibbe you already knew about lack of bathroom facilities, mmmm?

Ladies: At this time there is no toilet, bathtub or shower. However, a word to the son in regards to the ladies invited and he immediately says, "these ladies are pure class and am gonnae get started on new fixtures for the bathroom".......one of thais tubs we the pulsating water, when wanted.....imagine loungin in a hot bath and being served treats by an auld blind man...warm rhubarb garnishing a dish of French Vanilla, Lemon Meringue Pie and if the guest is planning a winter stay....hot potato fritters.....speciality of the hoose.

tam

I do have e-mail addressess for two of the most attractive glasgowwestender ladies and shall probably dae a forward tae each of them.

Ladies: At this time there is no toilet, bathtub or shower. However, a word to the son in regards to the ladies invited and he immediately says, "these ladies are pure class and am gonnae get started on new fixtures for the bathroom".......one of thais tubs we the pulsating water, when wanted.....imagine loungin in a hot bath and being served treats by an auld blind man...warm rhubarb garnishing a dish of French Vanilla, Lemon Meringue Pie and if the guest is planning a winter stay....hot potato fritters.....speciality of the hoose.

tam

I do have e-mail addressess for two of the most attractive glasgowwestender ladies and shall probably dae a forward tae each of them.

I can see the new Radox label now, tam. 'French Vanilla and Fritters'. You sure know how to entice those dames.

I think the treats would be better after bathtime. :lol:

Probably not mad, certainly not bad but possibly dangerous to know.

Gie's a clue as to what you are alluding to otherwise this is a a completely random remark that can be hurtful & detrimental to a person.

Mibbe a humorous riposte that I didn't get ?

Hingmie: and why wid i no, oan occasion be befuddled....jist read a post whaur your magnificent self MIGHT be arriving in Canada in the near, but no near enough, future. Having met you and been totally smitten, i claim the right to be befuddled.

tam

New toothbrush would only be a wee start. You would be treated like royalty. A visit to the nation,s capitol is a distinct possibility and perhaps a few days rest at a beautiful cottage on the banks of Mississippi Lake....a jaunt tae La Belle Province is worth the trip.

Probably not mad, certainly not bad but possibly dangerous to know.

Raymond Chandler's style and can ye no imagine Mae West delivering the dialogue ?

tam

MR. Harper is working to get out from under the shadow of the prolific and magnificently entertaining "Harper".

Gie's a clue as to what you are alluding to otherwise this is a a completely random remark that can be hurtful & detrimental to a person.

:lol: I'm pretty sure tam will take it as a compliment, hingmie.

"Dangerous to know' - now does that not have an air of darkness and mystique about it? No that tam is trying to cultivate any mysteries.:)

Hingmie: and why wid i no, oan occasion be befuddled....jist read a post whaur your magnificent self MIGHT be arriving in Canada in the near, but no near enough, future. Having met you and been totally smitten, i claim the right to be befuddled.

tam

New toothbrush would only be a wee start. You would be treated like royalty. A visit to the nation,s capitol is a distinct possibility and perhaps a few days rest at a beautiful cottage on the banks of Mississippi Lake....a jaunt tae La Belle Province is worth the trip.

Aye, time you got yourself over to see your rellies, hingmie, and tam.

Mr H. The repartee between the pair of you (Mr and Mrs H) is a joy. :lol:

imagine loungin in a hot bath and being served treats by an auld blind man...warm rhubarb garnishing a dish of French Vanilla, Lemon Meringue Pie and if the guest is planning a winter stay....hot potato fritters.....speciality of the hoose.

tam

Sounds like the Bates Motel to me, Tam.

Tam, if I applied half of HH's suggestions..... well unsure.giflaugh.gif

Shut yir face, ya banger.

Tam,

Upload the phoatie you scanned intae 'Photobucket' or 'Flickr' or the like, copy the 'img' code intae yir PM, highlight it & press the 'IMG' buttin' Easy peasy. (Don't lissen' tae the wimmin, btw...'Oh Computurs!....Oh the pain....thur nearly as bad as man flu!')

Shut yir face, ya banger.

Tam,

Upload the phoatie you scanned intae 'Photobucket' or 'Flickr' or the like, copy the 'img' code intae yir PM, highlight it & press the 'IMG' buttin' Easy peasy. (Don't lissen' tae the wimmin, btw...'Oh Computurs!....Oh the pain....thur nearly as bad as man flu!')

Less painful than listening to you and yer twaddle, sir. All he asked for was a bit of techi advice, not a running commentary on yer failings to communicate wi the other sex, despite your age and opportunities to learn from experience.

Och, jist noticed the time:-

Youse lot wull all be in bed.....am no meaning thit yeese wull al be in bed the gither, no, nae thought of impropriety entered my wee heid. My mind is wanderin so am gonnae shut up.

tam

Guest Mr Harper

Ya put your finger on it there.

After tales of recent alarums and excursions, Mr T has become quite the Byronic sort of blighter, in my head at least. Would swim the Hellespont to serve a lady potato fritters I imagine.

I was awa tae dae somethin and cuidnae get "twaddle" oot of my heid, a beauty of a word.

tam

noo am awa again but i expect tae find a plethora of scintillating retorts festooning this thread.

I was awa tae dae somethin and cuidnae get "twaddle" oot of my heid, a beauty of a word.

tam

noo am awa again but i expect tae find a plethora of scintillating retorts festooning this thread.

Do you no know aboot the great words thread, tam? Plethora could go there as well as twaddle. :blink:

Pat: I wonder if you have noticed that i have four stars. Methinks that this could be because you are being kind to me or perhaps because I have a friend in high places......and she is doing a wonderful job.

tam

and am gonnae visit the word thread because am quite fond of an American word.......

Pat: I wonder if you have noticed that i have four stars. Methinks that this could be because you are being kind to me or perhaps because I have a friend in high places......and she is doing a wonderful job.

tam

and am gonnae visit the word thread because am quite fond of an American word.......

You deserve all the stars in the sky, tam. Great word....:blink: