Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Thanks, IonaW. I enjoyed that very much. I recognised some of the locals in the film but also learned a lot. I didn't know we had a Glasgow islands Football Team or about Hebridean Haulage. Good to see multiculturalism at work and those are just the sort of Christmas parties I love. :rolleyes:

I added the link to Ian Mitchell's feature on Partick: http://www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/out/partickstory.php

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can't find the thread where the pink breast cancer talk was however I think this is shameless marketing by Schwartz

http://style.uk.msn.com/advertorials/schwartz-spice/well-being/breast-cancer-awareness.aspx

Gawd! It's like the latest selling gimmick. I think they need to draw the line somewhere.

My internet......I had the internet disconeccted, for the duration. also my bloody e-mail and there are e-mail addresses which I cannot access.....it is a nuisance but I do have a phone number a Falkirk friend.tam

My internet......I had the internet disconeccted, for the duration. also my bloody e-mail and there are e-mail addresses which I cannot access.....it is a nuisance but I do have a phone number a Falkirk friend.tam

That is a nuisance. Hope it doesn't interfere too much with your plans, tam. See you tomorrow.

I widnae grace the auld witch with her own thread but is this going a bit too far?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1323596/Margaret-Thatcher-death-website-condemned-vulgar.html

Is it me or is she the spittin' image of her puppet?

I certainly wouldn't be celebrating her life and amazed that she this sick, old woman still has supporters. The site is possibly a reflection of, what some see as her legacy, the beginning of the breakdown of the social fabric of our society. Or maybe it's just sick?

I certainly wouldn't be celebrating her life and amazed that she this sick, old woman still has supporters. The site is possibly a reflection of, what some see as her legacy, the beginning of the breakdown of the social fabric of our society. Or maybe it's just sick?

When I started in my job, many of us were youngsters out collecting for the miners and marching against Thatcher. Now, we're all planning civil disobedience if they hold a state funeral for her. angry.gif

When I started in my job, many of us were youngsters out collecting for the miners and marching against Thatcher. Now, we're all planning civil disobedience if they hold a state funeral for her. angry.gif

Aye, I did plenty of shouting 'Maggie, Maggie, Maggie - Out, Out, Out' on the streets of Glasgow. There should be no state funeral.

Have you heard the wan aboot the wumin who wants to marry hersel'?

Naw, neither had I... blink.gif

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/features/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=155082462

Wow, what's taht about. Does she get extra special tax concessions if "married" ? I have heard about nutjobs that have "married" their pets, usualy a horse for some reason. if I remember right but this just seems mental. What would YOU do if yer relative/pal invited ye to her wedding to herself ? RSVP promptly or contact NHS 24 and ask for psychiatric help immediately ? No prizes for correct answer. Cultural differences aside, you have to wonder what is going on elsewhere in this world, don,t you ? I mean. Come on, her mother eventually gave her blessing to this. Mine would have devised her own straight jacket :D :D :D :D For herself, by that time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, what's taht about. Does she get extra special tax concessions if "married" ? I have heard about nutjobs that have "married" their pets, usualy a horse for some reason. if I remember right but this just seems mental. What would YOU do if yer relative/pal invited ye to her wedding to herself ? RSVP promptly or contact NHS 24 and ask for psychiatric help immediately ? No prizes for correct answer. Cultural differences aside, you have to wonder what is going on elsewhere in this world, don,t you ? I mean. Come on, her mother eventually gave her blessing to this. Mine would have devised her own straight jacket :D :D :D :D For herself, by that time :lol: :lol: :lol:

No 'His 'n' Hers' towels then all presents just 'Hers'. On the upside bound to be no arguments on the honeymoon. :)

Wow, what's taht about. Does she get extra special tax concessions if "married" ? I have heard about nutjobs that have "married" their pets, usualy a horse for some reason. if I remember right but this just seems mental. What would YOU do if yer relative/pal invited ye to her wedding to herself ? RSVP promptly or contact NHS 24 and ask for psychiatric help immediately ? No prizes for correct answer. Cultural differences aside, you have to wonder what is going on elsewhere in this world, don,t you ? I mean. Come on, her mother eventually gave her blessing to this. Mine would have devised her own straight jacket biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif For herself, by that time laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Some folk will do anything to get tupperware ... rolleyes.gif

Aye, I did plenty of shouting 'Maggie, Maggie, Maggie - Out, Out, Out' on the streets of Glasgow. There should be no state funeral.

State funeral !! I don,t like what is being said on line, it is not good behaviour but shows how entrenched the bitterness against the auld witch still is. Many, many suffered due to the regime she led and I fear many more will suffer again with this new crowd. I think her family and sycophants will arrange a private service as they must know there would be very little genuine mourning shown by UK citizens (deffo not Scots) and so would avoid scenes of celebration which would be humiliating and painful. But hey, maybe they have inherited her aggressive arrogance !

Another dead baby

Well just imagine a day: I could get up a bit early and have some coffee, couple of Weetabix then get a train to the Prison. I could stroll in and pull the switch on these two subspecies and still get to work on time. No stress involved whatsoever.

Chilling.

I couldn't go as far as you, LG. I do despair every time I read about women who put themselves and their children in danger like this.

I j=know it wasn't Hallowe'en but had a scary spooky night on Friday.

A group of us were led through an huge, old mill with frights aplenty as various ghosts came out of the shadows or from behind the old looms to terrify us visitors.

looking forward to a less scary night tonight ... I hope ...

I j=know it wasn't Hallowe'en but had a scary spooky night on Friday.

A group of us were led through an huge, old mill with frights aplenty as various ghosts came out of the shadows or from behind the old looms to terrify us visitors.

looking forward to a less scary night tonight ... I hope ...

If you're up in Glasgow during the festive season you might want to try the new ghost train at the Irn Bru Carnival, Gladtae? Amazingly the carnival has been going for 90 years.

I have been trying to make room in the message department; it isnae easy. I decide something is old and then i havtae read it. I read a couple aboot the auld dug thit i wid like tae keep, one frae a moderator and one frae someone thit disnae post here anymair. I have one frae HH thit dates back a long time and one frae a man that fdisnae post here anymair.

I am goin tae delete some....see the thing is....okay mibee it isnae....oanyway, some time in the past i had a PM frae a man frae doon under....it wisnae long, very much tae the point and jist what i needed at that time.

Some havtae go but am saving one frae HH, Nota, Westender, Peony, Higmie.....och, this is stupid, might as well list everybody and there is them thit sent mair than one thit i wid like tae save.A long time ago i had the pleasure of reading a tirade from a very dear lady...is was absolutely gorgeous and i think i made a file for special ones...gonnae havtae see oan the auld mac when i get tae Ridgetown.

tam

Maggs does a very guid PM, asks the questions thit ye dinnae want tae face and does it wearing a velvet glove...or mibee it was an e-mail...i dae like that wooman.

If you are running out of space, can't you just grab the ones you want to keep and put them on Google Docs or whatever other online WP thingmyjig? You can't lose it in the way anybody might lose data stored on a thumb drive that might fall out of your pocket.Then you have the stuff saved, and you have some space clear. Sort of like having your cake and eating it, only less tasty. biggrin.gif

Thank you Hamsterbert:

Am gonnaw wait until am back in Ridgetown.....it wid be a lot easier if i didnae re-read everything; that is when i get intae arguments we mahsel.

It is raining in Perth and the hoose is freezin....still, as they say,"thurs nae place like hame".

tam

Earlier in the day.

Am over at the nieces and she hastae go shopping with a friend. I volunteered and we drove aroond the corner and picked up the friend. A lady of a certain age and very guid company.....even let me push the shopping cart. It was obvious that the lady wasnae in a hurry and i kept finding things for her tae look at. The lady laughed a lot but eventually we had tae go tae the cash register.

I suggested we go for a cuppa and the niece said we wid get a guid cuppa tea at her hoose.

Am jist drivin oot of the parking lot and the lady sighs so i ask if she is awright. she grins and touches my erm and says, "ay, am fine, it's jist lovely bein oot in a car". I says tae her, "wur no in a rush so why don't we go tae someplace for a tea whaur we can get an eclair" and she gave me the grandest of smiles.

The niece suggested Tescos' and that is where we went...nae eclairs but the company was aw that a buddy needed.

It was a very rewarding day for me and am mibee goin tae another spiritualist meetin....the lady was invited by my niece but she isnae sure....I telt her that I wid pick her up if i were going and she said that wid be nice.

Neither of us are very enthusiastic aboot this stuff but it will give her a night oot and she is awfy nice...an aulder lady but like so many others, disnae have a lot of visitors....and she does love tae laugh.

Noo if oanybody thinks am daein a guid deed that is fine but am really daein a guid deed for mahsel.....am jist hopin that she keeps a straight face if oanyone makes a "connection".

tam

Earlier in the day.

Am over at the nieces and she hastae go shopping with a friend. I volunteered and we drove aroond the corner and picked up the friend. A lady of a certain age and very guid company.....even let me push the shopping cart. It was obvious that the lady wasnae in a hurry and i kept finding things for her tae look at. The lady laughed a lot but eventually we had tae go tae the cash register.

I suggested we go for a cuppa and the niece said we wid get a guid cuppa tea at her hoose.

Am jist drivin oot of the parking lot and the lady sighs so i ask if she is awright. she grins and touches my erm and says, "ay, am fine, it's jist lovely bein oot in a car". I says tae her, "wur no in a rush so why don't we go tae someplace for a tea whaur we can get an eclair" and she gave me the grandest of smiles.

The niece suggested Tescos' and that is where we went...nae eclairs but the company was aw that a buddy needed.

It was a very rewarding day for me and am mibee goin tae another spiritualist meetin....the lady was invited by my niece but she isnae sure....I telt her that I wid pick her up if i were going and she said that wid be nice.

Neither of us are very enthusiastic aboot this stuff but it will give her a night oot and she is awfy nice...an aulder lady but like so many others, disnae have a lot of visitors....and she does love tae laugh.

Noo if oanybody thinks am daein a guid deed that is fine but am really daein a guid deed for mahsel.....am jist hopin that she keeps a straight face if oanyone makes a "connection".

tam

Sounds like you made her day, tam. As it's so near Hallowe'en I sure there are loads of sowels just dying to make a connection. Our breaths are all bated. :)

Pat: am no sure whit word they use, whether it be link, connection or whit. Perhaps it should be hook.

Ireland, Pat, tell me....frae Glasgow, how long wid it tak afore we arrived in (a) Dublin...(b)Belfast....and © Ionas' front door ?

and a rough idea of the cost for the ferry.

tam

and that auld woman fair made my day....ken thais Cadbury eclairs, well I bought a bag and gonnae drop some off at the ladies hoose...it's jist aroond the corner frae the nieces.