Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
The Jolly Jumjoogler

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

What are the dates for your planned trip Tam? I'm due home in two weeks.

Now taht would be a great swally if we could time the two of you together, just don't make it the 29th October I have a prior engagement I cannae get oot of.

Now taht would be a great swally if we could time the two of you together, just don't make it the 29th October I have a prior engagement I cannae get oot of.

I leave here on Monday 25th, but don't get home until Tuesday afternoon. Anytime after that should be a possibility for me.

JJ:-

I should know by Friday, at the latest.

And you should know that a meeting with three Bs would be icing on the cake.

tam

Perhaps we should also think of a "gentlemans night out"....am hopeful that i widnae drink but that widnae stop me from making a fool of my self.

tam

So, that rools oot Heidcase.

Hardly a gentlemanly response, JJ. B)

tam, tell Hingmie that even although I have the six stars I'm willing to sit in the back of the car.:)

tam, tell Hingmie that even although I have the six stars I'm willing to sit in the back of the car.B)

"tam, tell Hingmie that even although I have the six stars I'm willing to sit in the back of the car.:)"

That certainly kick started the memories.

And now that we are cozy/comfy in the back seat.....I talked to a Irish chap, the day, and am waiting a reply from a house in Falkirk.

Chat with the lawyer, tomorrow, then I shall be trying tae book. If I am able to get what i want (my druthers, Peony)

I will be flying thomas cook on the eighteenth, into Gatwick, leave England around the 22nd, have an extremely satisfying train trip, providing everything is still operational, and arrive Glasgow; nae idea what time.

tam

and tonight is Duplicate, back later.

Now we're getting places, Mr.

All we need to know is how long you expect to stay in Glasgow then we can get some dates arranged.

Is it one for the boys and one for the girls, tam?

Or one for all then the gentlemen? Your 'druthers', of course.

(I didnae need tae Google - hingmie had already done that.B))

p.s. will make the call for you.

Pat:

I widnae dream of having a "stag" night. Far too many charming lady members of glasgowwestend and I am sure there will be no dissenting views from the males.

Am thinking thit if the train arrives in the fore noon, yursel, Higmie and i

should mibee go for a leisurely lunch. Am probably gonnae need directions tae whaur am stayin.

tam

Pat:

I widnae dream of having a "stag" night. Far too many charming lady members of glasgowwestend and I am sure there will be no dissenting views from the males.

Am thinking thit if the train arrives in the fore noon, yursel, Higmie and i

should mibee go for a leisurely lunch. Am probably gonnae need directions tae whaur am stayin.

tam

Don't think we've got that date as yet, tam? The sooner we know your plans for hitting town then the better the opportunity for rejigging any other commitments so let us know as soon as.

Hope Hingmie will be around with the Satnav.B)

Pat:

I did a PM tae yursel and Hingmie but your message centre is full....am hoping that Hingmie wull dae a forward tae yursel.

I wull dae an e-mail

tam.

Pat:

I did a PM tae yursel and Hingmie but your message centre is full....am hoping that Hingmie wull dae a forward tae yursel.

I wull dae an e-mail

tam.

Got that, thanks, tam. Looks as though you are going to be around for quite a few weeks and arriving in Glasgow on, or around, the 25th October. I am putting a circle around 25th and 26th so hoping you will hit town on one of those days. Don't know how hingmie is fixed and suspect you might have other fans keen to join the welcoming committee.

I'm a wee bit anxious about any dependency on me to help you find your accommodation, especially if it is outwith the City Centre or West End, so hope hingmie is around with her satnav. I'm a public transport kinda gal and usually heading West rather than North, South or East. :lol:

I note that, Inimitable space no longer posts or indeed seems listed as a member. Does this mean the Vacancy was filled in ? Not too much concrete work going on in the city at the moment but loads of quite deep potholes being sorted out Should I be be circumspect or respectful when traipsing about this fair town ? :lol:

Rolo Tomassi, always seemed on the ball wi newcomers but he/she does not seem to be here too often now. Maybe bogged down wi his/her real life ?

It is getting near Halloween !!!

I note that, Inimitable space no longer posts or indeed seems listed as a member. Does this mean the Vacancy was filled in ? Not too much concrete work going on in the city at the moment but loads of quite deep potholes being sorted out Should I be be circumspect or respectful when traipsing about this fair town ? tongue.gif

Rolo Tomassi, always seemed on the ball wi newcomers but he/she does not seem to be here too often now. Maybe bogged down wi his/her real life ?

It is getting near Halloween !!!

People drift in and out for lots of reasons and very few leave a note ... laugh.gif

And guid morning tae all:

Bought some troosers, yesterday; when did the shops stop daein the cuffs ? Sent e-mails tae Scot Rail and Virgin Trains, jist tae see if they wid direct me tae the cheaper fares...they didnae answer. Funny enough baith advertise really cheap one way tickets but aw thais prices disappear when ye try tae book.

Am surprised at the quickness of the trip frae London tae Glasgow; five oors wullnae gie me a chance tae say hello tae my fellow passengers.

Pat....I ken ye wull be busy but it looks as if am no gonnae be in Glasgow afore Wednesday.....so you jist attend tae whit needs attendin tae and I wull let ye know whaur I am.

tam

am gonnae havtae get mahsel one of thais yahoo or g-mail accounts because my sympatico is bein disconected for the duration of my visit.

And guid morning tae all:

Bought some troosers, yesterday; when did the shops stop daein the cuffs ? Sent e-mails tae Scot Rail and Virgin Trains, jist tae see if they wid direct me tae the cheaper fares...they didnae answer. Funny enough baith advertise really cheap one way tickets but aw thais prices disappear when ye try tae book.

Am surprised at the quickness of the trip frae London tae Glasgow; five oors wullnae gie me a chance tae say hello tae my fellow passengers.

Pat....I ken ye wull be busy but it looks as if am no gonnae be in Glasgow afore Wednesday.....so you jist attend tae whit needs attendin tae and I wull let ye know whaur I am.

tam

am gonnae havtae get mahsel one of thais yahoo or g-mail accounts because my sympatico is bein disconected for the duration of my visit.

Tam, the better deals seem to go with the advance bookings - hope you get a reasonable fare and have a pleasant journey. I'm sure five hours will give you plenty of time to get to know at least half the passengers. :rolleyes:

Not too busy for you, tam, and once we manage to pin you down to a definite date we can work things out. Am I right in saying that at the moment we are looking at Wednesday 27th? Just you confirm as soon as you have decided and I'm pretty sure a welcoming party can be arranged.

That's a bit of a nuisance about your email account.

I now have a yahoo account. It tells me that my contacts can be transferred with ease....well i cannae find ease so am gonnae havtae dae one name at a time.

tam

just want to shout I LOve BBC Alba love it to bits :)

Just watched two great documentaries the last one about the Gaels in Partick and I'm sittin greetin :rolleyes::D:)

just want to shout I LOve BBC Alba love it to bits :)

Just watched two great documentaries the last one about the Gaels in Partick and I'm sittin greetin :D:):)

Would have liked to have seen that, IonaW.

Cheer up - you wouldn't have wanted to be here today - we had a monsoon. :rolleyes:

Iona:

I was near tae tears mahsel, this morning. When ye become a single entity, daein yur ain wash and such, sometimes wur oan the receivin end of wee surprises.

Had my shower, this mornin, and am getting dressed. Some of the underwear hasnae been worn for a long time because I tend tae wash the claithes every four or five days and this mornin i pit underwear oan that I hadnae worn in a long while: it was snug.

For whatever reason am overjoyed, am thinking that I have lost a bit of the belly. The euphoria was quite short lived because am sayin tae mahsel, "it's fifty years since the advent of dryers and the days of shrinkin claithes passed when the manufacturers aw went tae, rayon, dacron and ithur synthetics.

The other thing is that it was only yesterday thit I went and bought three pairs of troosers so I ken fine that my waist is still six inches mair than it was when I was a smoker....oanyway am now trying tae find a local tae dae the cuffs, bloody stores dinnae dae them nooadays.

tam