Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
The Jolly Jumjoogler

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid...

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid, coz it disnae huv wan.

Feel free tae take this doon ony road ye like, as long as it disnae involve petty squobblin ur persnil insults.

This wisnae mah ideeya, but ah wiz asked tae create it by a well respektit membur who wishes tae remain eponymous.

So, ah'll kick it aff wi' this deep an' thought provokin piece o' infurmayshin.

The two-foot long burd ca'd the Kea, whit lives in Nyoo Zealind, likes tae eat the strips o' rubber aroon caur windaes!

Ah don't know if ye get thum in Austrailyur tho', but mibbes Oz kin answer that.

Right, go ahead, dae yer wurst.

Ye cannae go aff topic oan this threid, coz it disnae huv wan.

Feel free tae take this doon ony road ye like, as long as it disnae involve petty squobblin ur persnil insults.

This wisnae mah ideeya, but ah wiz asked tae create it by a well respektit membur who wishes tae remain eponymous.

So, ah'll kick it aff wi' this deep an' thought provokin piece o' infurmayshin.

The two-foot long burd ca'd the Kea, whit lives in Nyoo Zealind, likes tae eat the strips o' rubber aroon caur windaes!

Ah don't know if ye get thum in Austrailyur tho', but mibbes Oz kin answer that.

Right, go ahead, dae yer wurst.

Excuse me butting in but a think you mean two foot two inches long. Keep tae the facts if not the topic. :)

Here we have the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo big intelligent bird about 45cm to 50cm' size of a crow

sulphur_crested_cockatoo.jpg

They hang around in gangs( I know birds are supposed to be in flocks but these are definitely gangs) looking for mischief.

Like their Kiwi cousins are very partial to windscreen wiper blades, rubber round car wndows, car aerials, clothes pegs on windy days (take them off clothes line & let them & clothes drop to ground), Western Red cedar (Douglas fir or Hemlock P) balcony balustrades. If the gang (usually 30 -40) set their minds to it they can chew through it in a week.

They cant sing but yell to each other during flight arguing as to what they should vanalise next.

On the other hand I wastched one wind surfing over a fast moving express-way literally surfing in the cars & trucks slipstream & obviously having a ball.

How about this for an animal creating havoc. This happened in Canberra - quite a reasonably big city (I grew up there) but it is very suburban with lots of open land between suburbs and a huge kangaroo population...

'ninja' kangaroo

Poor kangaroo must have been terrified and the people are lucky they didn't get hurt - they can sure pack a punch!

No chance of going off topic sounds like a walk in the park.....but.....is it no a little intimidating. Am thinking for most of yees it isnae but ye know some of us need a steadying hand; am no saying we like it, just that we need it.

A few things happened over the last week that I thought were quite amusing, unfortunately i cannae think of what they were.

tam

PS I did write a lot more but it was just mahsel getting carried awa.

PPS am a bit tongue-tied.

Here we have the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo big intelligent bird about 45cm to 50cm' size of a crow

sulphur_crested_cockatoo.jpg

Ah huv foties o' these things fae when ah met ye two years ago Oz. Me 'n' the missus wur up in the Blue Mountains fur twa days an' saw hunners o' thum. "Gangs" right enuff. :)

Ah also saw lots o' kangaroos Gayle, but ah suspekt ye'll no want tae see ony foties o' them.

Nah I always like a nice photo of a kangaroo - they are lovely looking animals! They are a bit like sheep in some ways though - in that they are probably not the most intelligent creatures and tend to act as a group and freak out. When that happens you're not sure what they're gonna do - which way they're gonna run. You just don't want a 100kg muscly kangaroo freaking out around you (or your car)...

Nah I always like a nice photo of a kangaroo - they are lovely looking animals! They are a bit like sheep in some ways though - in that they are probably not the most intelligent creatures and tend to act as a group and freak out. When that happens you're not sure what they're gonna do - which way they're gonna run. You just don't want a 100kg muscly kangaroo freaking out around you (or your car)...

Yeah the silly buggers will hop towards car or truck headlights at dusk & dawn and as Gayle says ending up with a 100kg 'roo in your lap while travelling at 100+km/hr isnt fun. They hop down to lick the dew off the sealed road(tarmac). Hence the big Roo bars on semis ( articulated lorries to Brits ; Tractor trailers to Notre Americanos), & 4WDS. Sensible people just dont drive at dusk & dawn

Typical & untypical warning signs in outback

nullarborsigns.jpghorsesign.jpg

crocodile_sign.jpgCrocs have been known to remove this lsign!!

mount-carbine-4.jpg Sign in Mt Carbine Hotel

No photo of this one but in the Daly Waters pub they have a sign that reads;

In this pub we do not serve women. Bring your own!

We have no kangaroos, but we have bird. Most of all we have alligators in the mighty Brazos river. I took this picture and there was no fence between us.

alligatorzoonxx.jpg

I did worry a bit about the lady leading her chihuahua along not far from the alligator. Seemed a bit like fishing to me. :)

Ah, just thought. Maybe somebody has been eating the starlings. They tried to do the "four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie" thing, but turned it into 42 starlings.

Failing that, the starling have gone to follow the bees.

Awright, ah gie in, whit diz it staun fur.

Ah'll wayjir ye ur jist dyin fur sumbuddy tae ask.

will you buy me a beer if I tell you

ah guid yain:

I went back and had a look at the letters....ah wis gonnae try and be clever and the double i stood out.

tam

ah guid yain:

I went back and had a look at the letters....ah wis gonnae try and be clever and the double i stood out.

tam

Ye shood huv went tae Millport, ye get three fur a tenner in the shoap et the harbur.

Wanted an expresso this morning so I asked at C*fe N*ro for the extra shot on its own at 15p. They refused.

So how much is an expresso then? £1.45 or 15p? It'd be different if, for the higher price, you got to keep the cup n saucer.