Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
weekie

Our Animal Friends

If I had my druthers I druther have a dog but my life style at the moment forbids it. I had dogs in the past. Two. One after the other. Both died from age related ailments. Sad times. :wub:

Cats help to fill the void. They're independent, can be left alone all day, don't need to be walked, are happy to see you when you come home and know how to entertain themselves...

:rolleyes:

Highly possible tom. Cats are more independent - to a point. They still want your attention, especially on colder nights when they want to curl up on you on the sofa.

They say that Chows (Wolfie's breed) are "cat-like". Really they just mean that they are independent. And sometimes difficult to train. Haughty. Contrary.

But they are so WORTH it. :rolleyes:

I've had many cats. When my last one died shortly before I moved to Texas, I decided I didn't want another. Wynona was 14 years old and mostly an outside cat.

KK, this one's even better!: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fqlBruE8C7U&...feature=related

Did you eat ma bizkit?!!

:rolleyes:

Peony, Wolfie is the kinda dog I'd have if I was to get a dog. That or a Husky. I don't like wee dogs, ankle biters I call them. It's got to be big and fluffy. The only little dog I've ever considered getting was a chihuahua. But I already had the cats by then so it was too late.

Peony, Wolfie is the kinda dog I'd have if I was to get a dog. That or a Husky. I don't like wee dogs, ankle biters I call them. It's got to be big and fluffy. The only little dog I've ever considered getting was a chihuahua. But I already had the cats by then so it was too late.

Ankle biters is local slang for very young weans here

It always amazes me how cats manage to find the most comfy spot in the house - Alby put himself to sleep in the doll's cradle and got tucked in by my girls :lol:

100_1363.jpg

100_1364.jpg

We have had Ceba, our yellow lab for nearly a year now - I think she is feeling nice and relaxed here....

100_1411.jpg

100_1410.jpg

What more could you ask for? A pal, a comfy bed, and total relaxation in safety? Beautifully conditioned dogs, Gayle. They are so shiny.

Guest westtender

A bull in a Cardross field:

IMG_9128.jpg

:lol:

That's the way to do it! Proper Countryside!!

jaysus, wid ye look at they baws, is that no awfy sore lookin?!?

got my auld dears cat "daisy" stayin at the mo....

its a wee sooky b"gger that doesnt leave me alone

plus everything white is covered in black har

and everything black is covered in white hair

good laugh tho

080308034500.jpg

Beautiful countryside. Nice Hereford bull.

And nice fans in the background too.

Gorgeous dogs, Gayle.

I like the look of Daisy, tig. Although I'm more of a cowgirl. :lol:

Cats are for hugging and for watching them zip around a room at high speed for no reason, climbing the furniture and howling at the ceiling and going for things that are just not there. Who needs Sky tv?? :lol: Especially good is a laser pointer or small torch, turn out the lights and have fun!

ive been tryin to get a laser pen for 3 days cause the auld wans jiggered but quite a few shops have said theyre no allowed to sell them cause of kids pointin them at bus drivers etc.

any ideas where i can get one?

ta

I like the look of Daisy, tig. Although I'm more of a cowgirl. :o

i like most animals

and you canny beat (edited by Pat. bit smutty, tig) :lol:

A bull in a Cardross field:

IMG_9128.jpg

Caw that a bull this is a bull (Droughtmaster)

1004.jpg

Wan aw peony's

(texas_longhorn2.jpg)

Every thing is a bit bigger in Texas!!!!

ive been tryin to get a laser pen for 3 days cause the auld wans jiggered but quite a few shops have said theyre no allowed to sell them cause of kids pointin them at bus drivers etc.

any ideas where i can get one?

ta

e_bay usually has a lot

e_bay usually has a lot

cheers oz but was thinkin more of a shop somewhere near cause im only gonna have the cat for another few days

Home on the range (Idaho)

photo_lg_idaho.jpg

Home on the Range (Queensland)

r258235_1070596.jpg

Home on the range (Glasgow)

1930sfridgemoda.jpg

Caw that a bull this is a bull (Droughtmaster)

1004.jpg

why is that aussie bull not following the slip, slap, slop guidance. He might think that tan attracts the ladies but just look at his skin; he looks 20 years older than he should.

Guest westtender

Wan aw peony's

(texas_longhorn2.jpg)

Every thing is a bit bigger in Texas!!!!

:angry:

Horrific example of over and inbreeding. The poor beast.

why is that aussie bull not following the slip, slap, slop guidance. He might think that tan attracts the ladies but just look at his skin; he looks 20 years older than he should.

Poor thing probably won't be alive too long, samsc, but it has got a bit of a babyface.

What more could you ask for? A pal, a comfy bed, and total relaxation in safety? Beautifully conditioned dogs, Gayle. They are so shiny.

Thanks Peony. Ceba is in the bad books tonight as she somehow managed to get into a basket I thought I had left up high enough and has totally ripped to shreds all the girls' swimming things. Sigh. Gonna be tricky finding swimming costumes in time for weekend swimming lessons this time of year...Mental note to self for the future - if in doubt then yes she probably can figure out a way to get something she is not supposed to have!

Lucky she's cute.

Thanks Peony. Ceba is in the bad books tonight as she somehow managed to get into a basket I thought I had left up high enough and has totally ripped to shreds all the girls' swimming things. Sigh. Gonna be tricky finding swimming costumes in time for weekend swimming lessons this time of year...Mental note to self for the future - if in doubt then yes she probably can figure out a way to get something she is not supposed to have!

Lucky she's cute.

Naughty girl, Gayle. Hope you get the cossies.

:angry:

Horrific example of over and inbreeding. The poor beast.

I'm not sure that's true, Westie. The long horns used to grow wild for a very long time, with very big horns.

I like to see the long horns. There are some on a ranch near here.

I like the droughtmaster. Looks a lot like our beefmaster breed.

Guest westtender

I'm not sure that's true, Westie. The long horns used to grow wild for a very long time, with very big horns.

No cow's spine would ever get to that length naturally. What a huge, unnatural burden of weight for it to bear. All so the USA can stuff its face on dirt cheap beef so that it gets too fat to walk.