Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
maggs

Resolutions

Rolo you bring back memories, I used to love doing my hair crazy colour purple, many moons ago. I remember once just before going on holiday to Malta when I was 17, I decided I wanted to be blonde, instead of my natural brown, bought the dye di the deed, and ended up like your wean,canal green.. A visit to the hairdresser sharpish was the answer, luckily my hiar didnae fall oot

Heck, I was Crazy Color aubergine, Maggs. We used to take trips over Jamaica Bridge to Salon S*rvices, which was then the only place you could get CC.

I once and only once did the blonde thing, persuaded by a mate of my aunt's in Canada. I was only 17........and tt was HORRIBLE...........so I made them dye most of it back to a chestnut brown colour with two blonde streaks remaining in the front. I thought I was the bees knees. In actual fact I probably looked shite.

Don't tell the wean, I beseech you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't tell the wean, I beseech you!

I'll sit on it for now.

It was SS accross the bridge I went to also. I loved my crazy colours nad sometimes the matched my loon pants. This makes me want to have a night dressed in loon pants aghhh

I'll sit on it for now.

It was SS accross the bridge I went to also. I loved my crazy colours nad sometimes the matched my loon pants. This makes me want to have a night dressed in loon pants aghhh

Worry not, Maggs. I have it on the highest authority (ok, Gok Wan...) that loon-shaped pants are the IN thing for 2008. Nice and fitting down to the knee, then major flares to the ankle.

One of the wean's Christmas requests was a pair of jeans with star print. Another big trend for 2008.

Loon pants wi star prints? Bring em on, can't wait, me. Wish I'd kept mine from the 70s, except of course they'd be about two hundred sizes too wee........... :lol:

Now where's that Biba vest I've been keeping since I was 18, in the hopes of a recurrence of the decade that Fashion Forgot? :lol:

I had a pair of them, mine were brown leather though, with wooden soles & heels, used to take me 5 mins to dismount a pavement (I've got phoaties somewhere)

I had a pair of them, mine were brown leather though, with wooden soles & heels, used to take me 5 mins to dismount a pavement (I've got phoaties somewhere)

Were you on a horse

Oz did you embrace the loon pants platform shoe era

pants aye Purple flairs in Glasgow nae here (Flaired shorts dont do anything for me)

Platforms naw ...suffer frae vertigo

One dismounts one's pavement to get onto a road of one's choice :lol:

Aye well us frae Pertick step off the pavement :lol:

I resemble that remark!

Mine were 5-stage croc platforms, supplied by one Alan Fullager in a wee shop he ran down the Peckhams end of Byres. I worked there weekends as a teen. We also sold starry loon pants, starry clogs, starry t-shirts and other things with stars on them.

It was ###### trying to get down to Sauchiehall after Maestros' in the snow/frost wearing 5 inch platforms, I tell you, ######!

Dear hivvins you'da thunk I'd swore there! I only said H E L L.

Aye well us frae Pertick step off the pavement :lol:

you're lucky you had a pavement :lol:

That name Alan Fullager rings a bell, was he friends with a guy called Tony Kennedy. what age would he be. I used to go to Maestros but damned if I can remember where it was, think it might have taken the place of the old Maryland, is that right

It was ###### trying to get down to Sauchiehall after Maestros' in the snow/frost wearing 5 inch platforms, I tell you, ######!

Aye, lots o' pavements up that way.

Dear hivvins you'da thunk I'd swore there! I only said H E L L.

Maybe the original gaps atween your letters were too wee?

That name Alan Fullager rings a bell, was he friends with a guy called Tony Kennedy. what age would he be. I used to go to Maestros but damned if I can remember where it was, think it might have taken the place of the old Maryland, is that right

Yes, I think they were associated, Maggs.. But don't quote me (not that you could unless you've mastered the disobedient quote button........ :lol: )

Now probably in their late 50s (me being generous there). I last saw AF a couple of years ago in the bar he then ran in the lane off Buchanan St can't remember it's name, the one before Sloans.

Maestros was in Scott St. Steepest gradient in Glasgow down to Sauchiehall. It's now the CCA cafe/bar. I think it mighta been Maryland, Dex'll know, he's a coupla years ahead of me in the 70s nightclub thang...... :lol:

Yea I remember the it was the old Maryland, can't forget that hill, used to sit on the fire escape steps for a puff.

I thought Alan Fullager sounded like someone on eo fme ex hubby's new or worked with. The ex was Michael Doherty, maybe you know him

Yea I remember the it was the old Maryland, can't forget that hill, used to sit on the fire escape steps for a puff.

I thought Alan Fullager sounded like someone on eo fme ex hubby's new or worked with. The ex was Michael Doherty, maybe you know him

I recall a Mick Doherty from around the WE in the mid-70s. Tall bloke with fair hair.

Same? Probably not.

Lots of folk used to do that, not a No.6 in sight though.

Hoi! I'll have you know I frequented that there fire-escape every bliddy weekend for years. Marboro Red only for Mrs T, I'd given up the other thang aged 17......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

No 6 used to run along St Vincents street I think used to go to Dennistoun. Used to catch it before I got wheels

No 6 used to run along St Vincents street I think used to go to Dennistoun. Used to catch it before I got wheels

But did you ever go to Auchenshuggle on the No 62?