Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Pat

Just Joined? Come in and Say Hello.

Guest Heather Mills

As someone who lives in Partick, and who went to Tennants to watch the footie, and enjoy the camaraderie, I didn't meet much pond life. I did get chatting to some lovely people and walking home with my son was fortunate not to meet any pond life either.

Do people in Partick say 'footie' and 'cameraderie'? I'd have thought 'fitba' and 'craic'.

Hello and welcome Millinga, no offence taken at your comment, as I said I was fortunate, as I have in the past had cause to moan on this forum about footie supporters.

If this turns into a group hug I'm heading for Manchester. It's quieter there.

It would seem not, looks like some of the pond life went there last night, according to the news, unfortunately for the people of Manchester.

Do people in Partick say 'footie' and 'cameraderie'? I'd have thought 'fitba' and 'craic'

I thought people who spoke naturally said things in whatever way they felt comfortable with, of course you will allways get people everywhere who adopt what they think is the lingo for the area the are in. Thankfully I don't

Can you say that in Mandarin?

Yes but I dont have a chineses keyboard ..... This one is made in Singapore.

Guest Bairn
;) Hello! Anyone there? I've floated around this forum for a while now and was a tad reluctant to join this website as a result but what the Hell! The Bairn's braving it!;)

Welcome Bairn:-

I dae hope that you have a pleasant stay. Not much doing, seeing as it's the weekend, but am sure the regulars will extend a warm hand.

tam

PS it wid please many if ye were tae be a native of Glasgow.

Guest Bairn

Welcome Bairn:-

I dae hope that you have a pleasant stay. Not much doing, seeing as it's the weekend, but am sure the regulars will extend a warm hand.

tam

PS it wid please many if ye were tae be a native of Glasgow.

;) Hi Tam, thanks fur the welcome! I am indeed a Glaswegian and proud of it too! My grammar isnae whit it shood be but I'm hopin' that'll no' be a problem ;)

;) Hi Tam, thanks fur the welcome! I am indeed a Glaswegian and proud of it too! My grammar isnae whit it shood be but I'm hopin' that'll no' be a problem ;)

Hi Bairn and welcome. Whereabouts in Glasgow are you from? It's usually weans we get here no bairns - perhaps there's some east coast influence in your life?

grammar ????

no really a problem, as ye have probably awready gathered. Being from Glasgow is a plus and wull stand ye in guid stead, for aboot four posts.

Bear in mind that it is the internet and try and get tae meet some of the regulars at the next swally....if ye urnae a drinker dinnae let it bother ye, there's enough that wid prefer tea.

If we should ever pass oan the street a friendly hello wid be appreciated....am six fit two, dark curly (or straight, whatever ye prefer) hair, blue eyes and always dressed in the latest apparel.

tam

grammar ????

no really a problem, as ye have probably awready gathered. Being from Glasgow is a plus and wull stand ye in guid stead, for aboot four posts.

Bear in mind that it is the internet and try and get tae meet some of the regulars at the next swally....if ye urnae a drinker dinnae let it bother ye, there's enough that wid prefer tea.

If we should ever pass oan the street a friendly hello wid be appreciated....am six fit two, dark curly (or straight, whatever ye prefer) hair, blue eyes and always dressed in the latest apparel.

tam

tam,

I know you're willing tae cater for all tastes but Bairn will see the photies. If she likes curly hair are yie gonna get a perm?

Welcome Bairn.

Its not usually as bad as it has been in the last little while. Some of the posters are actually quite civilised, for Weejies thats is!

BTW Im not from Glasgow!

Guest Bairn

Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone :P I'm still findin' ma feet here and I should point out that I only purchased my first computer 5 months ago(I'm a technophobe but tryin' ;) ), so I've still to brush up on the 'nettie ways! See, I'm already sounding outta touch wi the lingo :P

Pat, I'm fae Glesga but only just moved tae the West End. I darenae mention where I've come fae. No' the noo anyway. Wouldnae want tae have folk judging me(good/bad)fur it ;) The name Bairn just appealed tae me cos I like the Broons.

I've visited the West End many times in the past though, so I'm aware it's a fab place tae be. Many a good memory I have of goin' tae the Kelvinbridge Art Gallery & Museum as well as falling in love wi' the gypsy(can ye say that word noo?)carriage in the Transport Museum. I've always preferred the WE tae the city centre.

Tae Tam, I seem to remember readin' a post you wrote regarding buying somethin' nice for a lady friend..........so I'm no playin' second fiddle tae any wummin! ;) I didnae realise yeez aw met up noo and again. That's great! Maybe I'll join yeez wan time fur libations. I like my hot drinks weak and my cold drinks strong ;)

Thanks again fur the nice messages and I look forward to my time here on this great website! A big thumbs up tae Pat & Co. :)

Look forward to meeting you, Bairn. Hope you can make the next swally.

If you have any problems with Puter or script here 1 or 2 actually know some answers , no mony mind!

PS Im a technopeasant!

If you have any problems with Puter or script here 1 or 2 actually know some answers , no mony mind!

PS Im a technopeasant!

Do you mean technopleasant. 'Cause you're that too. :)

Hi Bairn, Glad ye have joined and hope to hear more from you, especially as to where Kelvinbridge Art gallery & Museum is situated. ???

Guest Bairn

Hi Bairn, Glad ye have joined and hope to hear more from you, especially as to where Kelvinbridge Art gallery & Museum is situated. ???

Grove! Kelvingrove Art Gallery! Awright, awright. I'm getting dug up awready and I've been here 2 minutes! :) To be fair I did warn yeez about my grammar(that includes scattiness to me) :D

Must try better next time! :(

Do you mean technopleasant. 'Cause you're that too. :)

That make the "L" of a difference Pat

Guest Bairn

Welcome Bairn.

Its not usually as bad as it has been in the last little while. Some of the posters are actually quite civilised, for Weejies thats is!

BTW Im not from Glasgow!

Hi Ozneil,

Thank you for the warm welcome :) Are you living in Glasgow at the mo or are you all that way away in Oz?

Hi Ozneil,

Thank you for the warm welcome :) Are you living in Glasgow at the mo or are you all that way away in Oz?

No Way! but did live there for a while

Im on the Northern Beaches of Sydney NSW.

Guest Bairn

No Way! but did live there for a while

Im on the Northern Beaches of Sydney NSW.

Hey, that sounds nice. My Uncle's over there at the moment, although just for a holiday. Have you any photos of Oz on this site? That reminds me, Pat mentioned photos of folks on here. Are they in a thread somewhere? If they are but you can't remember where, no worries. It's always fun to put faces to names.

Hiya, Bairn! Yer sister, Maggie's a cracker, the twins need a good skelp, and it's time Hen came oot the closet. But, apart frae a' that, huv a rerr terr.

Hi bairn there are a few pics scattered around, not very exciting mostly animals & garden. Being me I have no idea where I posted them :)