Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
rolo tomassi

Toy Nostalgia

I know what you mean, but it's the only reality show I get hooked on every year........getting the dry boak watching some of the stuff they eat's just part of the fun :lol:

Don't know if anybody else saw the episode with Biggins and Anna in the rat-infested cave? That was the genuinely funniest thing I've seen on telly for years.

It's filmed up near Surfers, btw, Ozzy.

getting the dry boak watching some of the stuff they eat's just part of the fun
Rolo tomassi

My sense of humour or fun 'gene' is definitely different from yours then, Rolo. At work, a few watch it and enjoy it as do one of my kids but the rest of us just would rather watch paint drying :lol:

I do like Biggles, though, he seems a genuinely nice person.

It's filmed up near Surfers, btw, Ozzy.

That figures probably near Nimbin, thats where all the "feral folk" hang out. They eat strange things & smoke even stranger things.

Don't know for sure the exact location, Oz but it sure reminds me of Currumbin, partly cos of the parakeets that overfly the set and some of the beaches they film on nearby.

Don't know Nimbin, wherezat at?

Don't know for sure the exact location, Oz but it sure reminds me of Currumbin, partly cos of the parakeets that overfly the set and some of the beaches they film on nearby.

Don't know Nimbin, wherezat at?

Its just over the border in NSW, about 100 mile SW of the Gold Coast, nestled in a valley in the mountains with lots of hidden places to grow weed. Was a hide out for the 60 & 70 hippie drop outs, still is, but now called the "Feral Folk" bit depressing seeing 50-60 year olds still dressed hippy style complete with kaftans, headbands & beads. Nearest big town is Lismore

Just to remind you

rainbow%20lorikeets-Ozphoto.jpg

Ouch, that hurt my eyes........may I remind you we're living in the dark here at the minute, Oz.

Did you know there are some bizarre lizards that live in a cave formation in Italy that have mutated into eyeless creatures? The premise I am sure of the movie I mentioned on another thread (The Descent, the most horrific movie I have ever seen, bar Apocalypse..)

Anyways gonna post something from Oz in black/white/grey that's not quite so sore to view?

I thankyew. :wink: :lol:

Are those lorikeets, Ozneil? In Ohio this spring we went to the zoo and one of the attractions was a gigantic pen with lorikeets in it. You could walk through and buy little dishes of food and feed them. My son, who hates birds, just for his daughter, entered the bird pen and allowed five or six to sit on him. A feat of bravery she will never realize and appreciate.

Yes Peony they are rainbow lorikeets. In Currumbin where Rolo was mentioning is a huge bird sanctuary where you can buy bread & honey for the lorikeets . They come in their 100s at 4pm to be fed & they land on everyone & every thing.

Visitor_info_showtimes_Lorikeet.jpg

http://www.currumbin-sanctuary.org.au/content/home.asp?

Guest rearender

.................bit depressing seeing 50-60 year olds still dressed hippy style complete with kaftans, headbands & beads. Nearest big town is Lismore

There's still a few of those in Partick. Their Lismore is a pub.

Action Man was my toy as a kid

always remember peering through Roberts Toy Shop on great western road at them all in the window, and I went into Parks? the newsagents one day, and he asked me if Id left a carrier bag of toys

No i said - me be ing honest, or too slow, but he said I might as well have it as it had been in the shop for a week and no one had collected them - a carrier bag full to the brim of airfix plactic soldiers !!!!

Action Man was my toy as a kid

always remember peering through Roberts Toy Shop on great western road at them all in the window, and I went into Parks? the newsagents one day, and he asked me if Id left a carrier bag of toys

No i said - me be ing honest, or too slow, but he said I might as well have it as it had been in the shop for a week and no one had collected them - a carrier bag full to the brim of airfix plactic soldiers !!!!

dam that's where ah left them.......................dae ye still huv them, kin ah hiv them back :lol: