Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Guest westender

What's this building in Partick?

Was browsing up in the Mitchell to-day on an unrelated matter when I found this caption under your photo in 'Partick Remembered' by Bill Spaulding 1996:

This discount wallpaper shop, situated at the south side of Partick Cross was once a Pawnshop. The building has now been demolished & the site is vacant*. To the left is Partick Bridge St. & to the right, Cooperswell St. Both date back to the early days of Partick Village.

*Obviously no longer the case.

Ah cannae believe that youse had another 3-4 pages of debate efter ah told youse where it wis on page 1 :roll:

Ah cannae believe that youse had another 3-4 pages of debate efter ah told youse where it wis on page 1 :roll:

I believed you ! Honestly !

But do you believe Peony`s denial that she is sgriob ? NB, she didnae deny being they other folk that JJ mentioned. so maybe it is true.

Its a bunch of Weejies Alan, Whatdja expect :roll:

Fight......empty hoose.............

Guest westender

:D

Well naebody likes a smartarse! and we ferr enjoyed wirsels, so nae harm done.

I'd still like to know how I knew wherraboots I was looking at when I had never seen any of it before. Everything in that photie was all well before my time.