Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
scenester

Helpful tip

I hope this thread is not limited to electronic gadgetry:

One of my gorgeous granddaughters will be graduating from high school and I will be attending the ceremony. The trousers I had planned to wear are four inches too large around the waist....i did the Sally Ann the day and they have nothing worthwhile.

Four inches seems to be a lot and I do need advice. A decent pair of "dockers" are what i intend to operate on. If I cut the stitching which runs from the centre of the back, down to the crotch, will I be able to fold the material on a bias so that I eliminate three or four inches from the waist ? After ironing the folded material, I would re-attach the sections to each other.

Will this work ??????

tam

I hope this thread is not limited to electronic gadgetry:

One of my gorgeous granddaughters will be graduating from high school and I will be attending the ceremony. The trousers I had planned to wear are four inches too large around the waist....i did the Sally Ann the day and they have nothing worthwhile.

Four inches seems to be a lot and I do need advice. A decent pair of "dockers" are what i intend to operate on. If I cut the stitching which runs from the centre of the back, down to the crotch, will I be able to fold the material on a bias so that I eliminate three or four inches from the waist ? After ironing the folded material, I would re-attach the sections to each other.

Will this work ??????

tam

Have you not got any Superman pants you can just wear over them, tam, because your plan may not work?

Pat:

I do believe that you are right; its the getting rid of the four inches from the waist band. My plan probably calls for the use of scissors but I will wait. I am going shopping, today, perhaps even splurge on a new pair.

tam

Gorra be a little chinese tailor around somewhere Tam

They are good & cheap usually

A Question for the Techys:

Do any of youse techy gurus no what happens to the lost posts ? I typed a post, clicked submit and received the "error".....said I hadn't logged on. I had logged on but went through the process because what else is ahbuddy tae dae. I highlighted my post, thinking this would save it...it didnae. My post vanished and it didnae even go tae my clipboard.

Ay wid love tae say, "disnae really bother me" but am probably in enough hot water with the almighty that adding a humungous freekin lie would be tantamount to condeming my sould intae the burny place for time without end....fish, fish, fish.

tam

Seeing as it only seems tae be the longer posts thit vanish wid it be safe tae assume that their is a limit which am no aware of ?

tam

called Murphy's Law Tam!

Happens to me too & always my most brilliant ones :P

The lost posts? Well, I'm sure they were are very significant part of the threads. So, what happens, you see, is that the posts then take all that bit of thread and steal it, and they use all that thread to add the extra inches to the waistband of your troosers.

See? Simple really. Sew very simple. All to do with high magic and physics and the mystery of the fabric of the universe. Next question, plizz.

The lost posts? Well, I'm sure they were are very significant part of the threads. So, what happens, you see, is that the posts then take all that bit of thread and steal it, and they use all that thread to add the extra inches to the waistband of your troosers.

See? Simple really. Sew very simple. All to do with high magic and physics and the mystery of the fabric of the universe. Next question, plizz.

I knew there was a simple explanation!!!

Can you add some to my waist band please???

NOnonono. Not the way it works. In order to keep the whole fabric of the universe thing right, you have to get the extra from tam's trousers and add it to yours. Otherwise, who knows what sort of evil might befall if things get out of balance? :ph34r: Huh, ever think about that, eh? Living in the material world.

NOnonono. Not the way it works. In order to keep the whole fabric of the universe thing right, you have to get the extra from tam's trousers and add it to yours. Otherwise, who knows what sort of evil might befall if things get out of balance? :ph34r: Huh, ever think about that, eh? Living in the material world.

mmm sounds a bit twee(d)

Well, I suppose 'twill sound a bit like that.

I think the story might be fabricated.

Are you, like the universe, expanding, Ozzy? :ph34r:

:P yep but luckily not at same rate

Error:

I keep getting the error message whenever I post something. Other than daeing the copy and paste is there anything else I could do.

tam

PS the error tells me tae log in and i am already logged in.