Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Bigmags

Ballroom Dance School in Sauchiehall Street (early 1970's)

I remember them all, i was a chef ( i use that term loosly) in the factory for a couple of years. It was a mad place! I remember one haloween night, i rode my motorcyle down the front stairs, around the restaurant and then out the back door. occasionaly joggers would do a circuit of the restaurant while on their runs.

I remember them all, i was a chef ( i use that term loosly) in the factory for a couple of years. It was a mad place! I remember one haloween night, i rode my motorcyle down the front stairs, around the restaurant and then out the back door. occasionaly joggers would do a circuit of the restaurant while on their runs.

Mad, yes indeedy, but everything in proportion to a full size billiards table!

Talking of Halloween, one time Colin "liberated" a tailor's dummy (which also had a bad wig as it happens) from the upstairs storeroom in the Factory, dressed him up in a uniform, called him Eric, and took him (in a convertible car) to the CuldeSac Halloween party. Stuck a fag in his hand and a drink in front of him, and introduced him to the other arrivals. Apart from the odd double-take, very few punters noticed, strange to say. Tommy Mathieson offered him (Eric) a full time job.

I'm still struggling with the ludicrous baldie dwarf cowboy's handle....Garnn

I had a totally pish cappuccino in the Merchant City the day. Perhaps Colin or Paul have sold out and moved east?

:lol:

Also remember from the Factory, Robbie (Ross) McFadyen, former bass player of this parish. And of course, Ron McCulloch, who I've not seen in about 15 years. He kicked off the Rock Garden, for which many of us auld muso types are deeply thankful.

I heard he'd moved to Sydney after an ill-advised foray into club promotion in London.

Also remember from the Factory, Robbie (Ross) McFadyen, former bass player of this parish. And of course, Ron McCulloch, who I've not seen in about 15 years. He kicked off the Rock Garden, for which many of us auld muso types are deeply thankful.

The Rock Gorden has been taken over by the Baby Grand Group and will be run by Nikki Stewart of McChuill's.

Well if Billy Mac and Robin have taken over at least it'll be quality. But it won't be the Rock Garden...

Sometimes, it's jist no right, know what I mean?

Leave us auld bstrds wi our memories!

:lol: