Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End

Paisley Book Festival

• 2 weeks later...

Just stopped by for a minute, oo many problems with the IMac. I am reading Boswell, his account of the trip to the Hebrides accompanied by Samuel Johnson. Had a think in regards to what Denise Mina said about Sir Walter being an "arse licker" to the English. I am having a great deal of difficulty with Boswell's pandering to Johnson....my kindle tells me that I have another hours reading and I will, almost for sure, forget the last hour.

My IMac shows a series of columns, seven in number. These columns do not move but I can move the part behind them, it is time consuming which makes me not bother and hope there are not too many typos.

Your technical problems sound challenging, Tam. Good to hear from you and thanks for posting. I remember when we met Denise Mina in OranMor. Planning to see her at Aye Write. 

I too remember meeting the lady, a play, a pie and a pint. Also remember the book you bought for me and Denise signing same; by the way that book disappeared when I moved from home, also lost was my Armani suit, the suit bought for me by one of my daughters, $400 at that time and the same suit today would be close to $1,000. The play was performed by one woman and I remember thinking, at that time, Denise might very well have had that woman in mind when doing the writing. That time back hame is probably the most treasured memories I have of all my trips. I guess I'm off topic, I can almost hear you say, "not for the first time".

That was Karen Dunbar, tam. What a difficult part and very well performed.

Shame you lot the book. 

Saw John Byrne last night at Paisley Book Festival at his 80th Birthday Bash.  Charismatic, incredibly talented and humble man. Came home and bought tickets for his new musical play at The Tron in July. Underwood Lane.