Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

British Gas

screeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm

I got the 'could you please provide your meter reading' e-mail last week.

And so I dutifully send them both the leccy and the gas reading......and as usual, I get a 'your leccy reading is much lower than we anticipated, here is our estimate of what your meter should read instead.' This estimate is of course wildly over the top and ties in nicely with the exorbitant monthly payments the robbing b......s want to charge me.

So I go back to their customer service chap and explain this is the third year on the trot you have done this, you are building estimated error on error on error. I am then being assessed by your computer on your erroneous guesses at my usage which gets to perpetuate your errors. Indeed, each year you send me comparisons of my average usage compared to the average usage for the area and it looks like I am running my own version of Blackpool illuminations. Don't you think for one minute that maybe your guesses are wrong and me reading the numbers directly from the meter might be right? 

4 days pass..............and I get an e-mail asking could I read my leccy meter again and send them the numbers.......and so the cycle goes on.

The answer is not a smart meter, the answer is smart British Gas employees.

Can one of their employees not come and read the meter?  They need to sort you out with a rebate.
Ours is at the very bottom of the hall cupboard. The electricity is at the top so they can just stick their head in the door and do the reading but the gas means I have to lift all sorts of detritus out of the cupboard.  

I suggested they send around someone to read the meter and offered to send them a picture of my meter.........no formal response but they have reduced my monthly payments by £10.