Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Kezia Dugdale leaves. Who'll be new Labour Leader.

Pat    0

I thought it would Neil Findley stepping into Kezia Dugdale's shoes he's not putting his name in the hat. 

It's difficult for them. Some of the left wingers are anti Trident and for Independence and others will be anti Corbyn.

jimbo    0

SNP are now the choice for anyone wanting a 'left leaning' party. I don't think it will matter who is the leader of the Labour Party as it will be difficult for them to appear relevant to the current issues. Whoever it is will be spouting the party line anyway - so what what's the point? I.e. the  anti-indie, pro nuclear warhead, Brexit supporting, austerity pursuing Labour Party. 

hopefully slab end up with a leader who is prepared to consider independence and allow its people a free vote.  Hopefully also someone prepared to take the party back to its anti trident roots

Pat    0

I'd rather have Leonard to Sarwar. See Channel 4 News reporting tonight about Labour's resurgence in Scotland prompting Nicola Sturgeon to address the public sector cap. They must have missed her discussing this prior to the GE.

maryspetses    0

Don't know enough about Scottish politicians to voice an opinion. But... Jacob Rees-Mogg to follow May. frying pan and fire come to mind. Mush as i like the eccentric - as long as they are not dangerous - i have vision of Jacob doing a Lord Palmerston and sending gunboats (probably nuclear subs, nowadays) to teach Johnny Foreigner a lesson. Mind you the way people generally have been voting of late I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him taking over. By the way, have you checked out the names of his children? As if having him for a father isn't enough to contend with. I presume they don't attend state schools tho', not with those names...

I suspect the Mogg's outpouring of catholic teaching has done for him regarding being PM.

I do find Mogg's religious belief quite pick n mix 

Pat    0

Seems to have the perfect characteristics for the post – superior, blinkered, big fan of military intervention and totally out of touch.

mogg.jpg