Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Veronica

Rape Clause

If ever there was a backward, biased, uncivilized policy this is it. Between this bit of evilness and their electoral fraud scandal you wouldn't vote Tory unless you had no compassion and corruption doesn't bother you.

What do you think of the rape clause and two child cap as a progressive policy that will keep the books in check? Cos that's is supposed to be the reason for it.

I'm enraged about this policy, CL. But good to see four leaders at Holyrood challenging the Tories. Although, it wasn't a debate as the Tories did not take a single question.
Ruth Davidson calling on Nicola Sturgeon to mitigate against the policy. Surely if she thinks it needs to be mitigated against that's agreeing that it's wrong?

I think it's uncivilized, discriminatory and has no place in a modern government.  Theresa May stated today in PMQT that people on tax credits needed to make careful decisions regarding how many children they can have.  The two children cap is stupid as well as fascist. In today's society where we have all the problems of an aging society we could be doing with a higher birth rate. Particularly in Scotland where we need to grow the population.
Inward looking and backward – although you could never be the monarch if you're not Church of England, which calls into question where everyone else stands – it should not really be assumed that birth control practise and cultural norms are in line with English structural setups.  I think there are also any third or more children in families, who are here as a result of a fawlty condom, pill not effective due to sickness etc etc

I'm not going to go into the notion that women who have experienced rape may be trapped with an abusive partner – however, Women's Aid, Rape Crisis Centre Engender and child poverty charities are all up in arms about this ludicrous policy.  For someone who is supposed to be supporting the Just About Managing, May is going hell for leather to whip the carpet out from under them.

There's a woman sitting in Buckingham Palace, living off of tax payers money who has had the cheek to have 4 children, I wonder if she has been asked to prove she was raped to justify keeping two of her kids on the civil list?

Davidson has gone from the poster child of the Scottish media to looking as nasty as her boss in London.  The disgusting cap and rape clause are vile beyond comprehension. However, in a week when it has been announced that tory policies have seen over 50,000 disabled people lose access to mobility vehicles to then allow herself to be filmed riding a mobility scooter shows her deft touch at publicity is deserting her.  Long may it continue, she has had an easy ride. 

I think Davidson has made a total mess of it supporting this diabolical policy. Also to attack SNP by saying they should mitigate it, is the most illogical argument. If she thinks it needs mitigating then she is acknowledging that it is simply wrong.  Very distatseful posing on the mobility vehicle.

13% swing in the polls in England from tory to labour.

Last two polls now showing more people in favour of independence

Hope the polls keep heading in the same direction in Scotland and England.

The bedroom tax, the rape clause and now the dementia property grab

Astonishingly ill thought out policies

Horrific about the tragedy in Manchester. So, so sad. Despite the fact that the perpetrator is British born, no doubt this will stir up more anti-immigrant right wing sentiment.  Sad that with all these security risks there have been such extensive cuts in police numbers.  When we were in tiny, peaceful Nerja recently, I saw more police in a week than I'd seen in Glasgow in the previous six months.  In Paris you see police at ever corner.