Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harper

Donald Trump / New President

54 posts in this topic

Could it happen?  ...Seriously, could we be living in a world one day where Donald Trump is President of the United State and Boris Johnson is Prime Minister of the UK.  I have been a bit preoccupied by the EU debate that I wasn't really paying attention to the significant gains that Trump was making.  Three months ago I thought Trump running for President was a joke.   Stop the world, I want to get off!

Total nightmare scenario.  The man is so crass. The pub talk tonight aired throughout the world has already made America a laughing stock. Daily Mail woman today on Daily Politics was praising Boris Johnson up to the hilt and putting his success down to the fact that he was 'classless'.  That's a new one but he certainly seems very popular with the folk in the street.

Two buffoon possibly in the world's most powerful positions. How the hell can this even be on the cards?

BoJo certainly seems to be able to pull off his "man of the people" - just not my people. 

It is truly astonishing how much ground Trump has gained.

Gulp.  I never knew his mother was from Lewis.  How can a gid wumin from Lewis produce a tumshie like him?

Yes, he went to visit her old home – he arrived on his private jet with his entourage and stayed for three hours.  The locals weren't impressed.  They say that he's not their type – 'full of himself'.    Really it is scary. I mean what does he know about social and economic policy?  What attributes does he have that would help him to lead a country?

Trump has been declared the presumptive candidate for the Republicans. :o   The world has gone mad.   It couldn't happen.. could it?

Clinton or Trump...how a mighty nation has fallen

Donald Trump running for President.  How did it get to this? 

photo-editor_statue-of-liberty-crying-1.jpg

You start to wonder about the notion of democacy. Does it work when so open to manipulation by the moneyed?

I am hoping that Bernie Sanders can pull off a miracle.  It affects us all ...

I don't know how much difference these debates actually make. Does anyone change their mind at this stage?

Clearly, at least to my mind, he is a shifty arrogant unstable prejudiced blowhard.  He more or less confirmed that. 

I'm pretty sure most of the political analysts would say that Clinton had the upper hand but Trump dished out a few blows. 

I don't think his supporters care that he hasn't submitted his tax returns and that he is and out and out mysogynist without a whiff of the statesman about him. 

He could be president.  Indeed it's not getting any better. 

photo-editor_statue-of-liberty-crying-1.jpg

Opinion seems to be that Clinton won but it looks like a competition between two lame ducks.  The fact that she is the first woman candidate in Amercian history to be nominated has bee largely overlooked.  They both seem toxic. Clinton has nothing to say that we haven't heared a million times before and Trump just seems like a very bad joke... a very very bad joke.

10 hours ago, samscafeamericain said:

Can Michelle Obama please step forward

A whole different kettle of fish. Or we could ship them over any number of politicians.  Angus Robertson could have a good word with them.  ha ha

Trump doesn't have to win people round. His supporters think the same as him. 

It says a lot about the antipathy America has towards Hilary Clinton that people would even think if  voting for Trump.  He is dreadful and she is slightly less than dreadful. 

It truly is beyond belief. If there had been a film made with this script people would be dismissing it as unrealistic.

I watched Michael Portillo on this week saying that he thinks Trump will win the election. It is terrifying not least of all because he is such an ally of Putin.

Too close to tell and if ever there was a time in history for hanging on to Trident it's now -  in my opinion.  

The hispanic vote has mobilised and is getting out in the early voting, particularly in swing states, Donald is toast.

I think the final flamethrower to achieving "toast" is the timely drop of the of the lastest sex scandal on Trump today.  I wonder how long they have been waiting to drop that one.  Campign managers, polsters will all be going mad right now.. briefing and counter briefing.  I know, I've seen Alan Cumming in the Good Wife. :D

I still wouldn't want to call it.  They are both awful.