Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Constituency Changes

Check out how it effects you at http://www.itv.com/news/2016-09-13/how-will-the-constituency-boundary-changes-affect-you/

So looks as though Labour will stand to lose a number of MPs further strengthening the position of the Tories.   Doesn't seem too fair and lot of issues. Seem to be a lot of people left off the register, reducing number of MPs whilst increasing the number in the Lords.

Seems pretty clear that Labour will be the losers.   Nicky Morgan says it's partly about saving money. Should start with the Lords.

Labour will be the losers. They will lose more than double Tory seats. I think 25 constituency boundary changes will effect them. SNP will lose six seats in the Commons. The Conservatives will be in a very secure position. The money saving argument is very weak as the unelected Lords is bloated with over 700 members. Cameron handed out seats in the Lords to his friends and supporters like sweeties.

Nobody can really argue that this is fair or in anyone's interest other than the Tories. We'll be stuck with them forever.

I attended a seminar given by the Scottish Government's chief economist regarding the impact of various brexit scenarios (i.e Norwegian model, Swiss model, WTO model).  All make horrific viewing with a decade of disaster awaiting us.

I've no idea why they keep saying that Brexit hasn't been as bad as expected – when it hasn't actually happened yet.

Anticipation's bad enough, wonder what an actual brexit would do to the economy!! :angry: