Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Holidays

Pat    0

Had a lovely trip to Donegal. I'm now planning a wee trip doon the watter to Dunoon. I've only ever been there for the day.

rory    0

I am planning to have a holiday in America later in the year. I would not mind a week-end somewhere. I quite fancy visiting more of the Scottish Islands.

Pat    0
6 hours ago, rory said:

I am planning to have a holiday in America later in the year. I would not mind a week-end somewhere. I quite fancy visiting more of the Scottish Islands.

An American Trip sounds very exciting, rory.  I've not been to too many islands: Iona, Mull, Orkney Colonsay, Skye and Arran.  I'd love to go to Harris – the beaches look amazing.

Pat    0

Missed this. Hope you're having fun. You're going to miss our two day heatwave. :-)

Pat    0

We haven't had our summer holiday so guess that won't happen now. However, trying to make some plans. We've never been to Portugal so that's a possibility. I've also got a hankering to visit Seville and Croatia is a possibility. The flights from Glasgow are not all direct. You can fly to Seville from Dublin though.  I'd also really like to visit Cadiz. My brother suggested a cruise but seems expensive and somehow doesn't appeal.

Pat    0

That's great. Have a smashing time. How was Rhodes.  I fancy Cadiz but difficult to get to from Scotland.

Rhodes was lovely, Rhodes old town and Lindos were fantastic places.   We were in Faliraki - which used to have a dreadful rep but has been cleaned up - and we enjoyed every minute. 

Pat    0

I've never heard of Faliraki but glad it has improved and that you had such a good time.  I'm thinking so many different options ranging from Seville to the Isle of Harris, Gozo to Croatia.

Pat    0

Trying to make the most of our long awaited holiday but in my head I am planning another.  I spent one day in bed after a night throwing up and have felt a bit weak and woozy ever since. Plans keep altering as the weather has been changeable. We were going to have a big trip today but an immense storm kept me awake all night. The rain is not mainly in the plain, by the way. We've seen the museums. Picasso was a bit of a pain. :)

harper    0

So the numerous women in his life have testified. ...

Wrotten being ill.  I hope it doesn't spoil the rest of your holiday ....

Pat    0

Making the most off it, thanks.  I feel about two hundred but hobbling about. Jim enjoyed the Museo de Musico today.