Pat's Guide to Glasgow West End
Sign in to follow this  
samscafeamericain

The Scottish Mujahideen

Romantic revolutionaries?  These people are skanky.

Have you just awarded them a superclifragilisticfamousfolkinjunction to protect their privacy? :P

Nicola's heid must be burlin'.  Follow the example of their wives and kick them out.

Total eejits. The repercussions from such silliness cause pain for their families and upheaval for their party. Whatever were they thinking?  

Nicola's head must be bgirlin' right enough.  I feel sorry for the wives. I have great admiration for Shona Robinson, whom I contacted via social media on behalf of a close friend, who has since died, and badly needed respite in a hospice. The Scottish Health Minister answered me very quickly with very clear and effective information regarding what steps to take and whom I should contact.  Silly, silly Stewart Hosie.

I think it is nonsense about the tax payers paying for this fly by night kerryoan as they have to stay somewhere and some daft rules mean that they can no longer stay in second homes.  I only picked up the list of this because it's boring but it was all over social media a few months back regarding Angus MacNeil. 

Don't know what Cameron is thinking of either – the matter is hardly suitable for joking about in the House of Commons. What an infantile and unsavoury man he is.  

I thought Mr Hosie was the pillar of the party.  I had a keek and the woman in the triangle's a looker. Fraid their egos got the better of them. Stupit.

Yeah,she sure looks a sweetheart.Can't she get a man of her own,or is the old forbidden fruit more attractive,or perhaps she just likes collecting hotel size miniature shampoos and shower gels.Of course it takes two to tango,and with regards expenses,was the rate bed and one breakfast at the taxpayers expenses,because it's always so much easier to spend someone else's money? It's the small details that count isn't it,not to mention the distraught wives and families?

I can actually understand Cameron taking a pop in this case.  Hosie has always like to present himself as the pillar of the party, as Veronica says and beyond reproach.  Oh how the smug have fallen.  Having checked out his squeeze, all I can say is good luck with that one. :blink:  Family and political reputation critically wounded.  I would have thought that Sturgeon has got to get rid of him for her own political credibility?  The behaviour of her Deputy Leader is not a private matter.  He is too high profile for that.  

Distraught wives and families always come second to feelings of entitlement of ego driven narcissists...    

I think Nicola Sturgeon has already made the point that it is a private matter, harper, so doubt if we'll see the back of Hosie. I think Cameron's pops rather than answers have been increasing at an alarming pace with Westminster fast descending into a place characterised by very unnattractive upper class guffaws rather than a place where effective policies are pursued.  He is the Prime Minister not an unsuccessful stand up comic.

I don't know what makes the woman tick, willie, but apparently she describes herself as 'a nut' and had a very bizarre and fulsome blog, which she has now scrubbed.   Maybe she just likes a bit of attention, although, seems she's madly in love with Stewart Hosie.  Looks like she chucked McNeil over a year ago – hard lines on his wife and their three children.

Actually, I think a deputy PM who deliberately lies, cheats and deceives in this way is a matter for public concern.  It's a wee bit late in the day for honourable gestures but maybe he should resign and go off and enjoy his new life.  He has certainly taken the heat of of the other bloke ...

I don't know about attention but given her penchant for married men I think she might have daddy ishoos...

You know, if they could turn this country into a socially just and equitable society where the poor and disabled are given as much support and care as the rich, they can go ahead and s*** each other stupid.

There's a motivation for them

Too true Harper,and as iv'e said before no-one is dishonest in one wee corner of their life..it pervades everything they do.This is of particular importance to us,as these publicly funded and elected politicians are meant to be role models.Perhaps a little bromide in their expenses trough or fine Chablis in the "honourable members" heavily subsidised restaurants might dampen their ardour.I see the lady in question "broke cover" yesterday as bold as brass and facing off the cameras.These people are shameless and hard as nails,so I am not quite sure what measures would get them to modify their behaviours.

Last but not least,can you imagine how their offspring must be damaged by all this?

What a bunch of absolute chancers.

I am not sure their wives or children would agree with that sentiment, Sam.  Hosie and his "new love" have publicly shamed his wife and daughter.  He has put them in the media spotlight in the most painful way.  At the end of the day it comes down to character and the man have just shown himself to be a complete arse.   

I've no time for cheats and unsavoury behaviour that leaves family members suffering as a result but I would be very surprised if Hosie felt any need to resign.  Given the context of the totally amoral attitudes within the cabinet – and I mean in the bigger picture and how they treat the most vulnerable members of society, I cannot see any particular pressure being brought to bear. 

The only way we would see him or MacNeil exit Westminster would be if the expenses issue was deemed to be unlawful.   Perhaps there will be by elections in Scotland as well as England if evidence of corruption is revealed.  That would be some dust up.

No matter what Cameron and crew will continue to shout from the rooftops about those wonderful British Values they are always on about.   Seem pretty lacking in values to me.

And we don't mind this character in a Deputy First Minister or any politician, for that matter?

I can't see that dynamic working between Hosie and best friend to his wife, Nicola Sturgeon.   

I don't see this as anything to do with Cameron of anyone else.  It is all down to Hosie and his Posey ...

I liked Stewart Hosie.  i thought he was a very able politician and man of principle - shows you what I know ...:rolleyes:

Ok, man with important job then. lol

On showing up for work in their shared office in Dundee.  One onlooker said: “To be fair, Shona was looking great, as if she hadn’t a care in the world.

Good on your woman... ;)

I have had the pleasure of being in the same room as Shona and she is indeed a beautiful woman and without wishing to appear sexist she has stunning legs

Without wishing to appear sexist, I am sure you have stunning legs, anaw, Sam.

Maybe it is the thought of not having to deal with the aforementioned crisp and clean underpants ... ok, that was too much information.  I dooo think dignity and self respect wins over naked self importance and self promotion every time.  Gonyursel' Shona ... :P

16 hours ago, harper said:

And we don't mind this character in a Deputy First Minister or any politician, for that matter?

I can't see that dynamic working between Hosie and best friend to his wife, Nicola Sturgeon.   

I don't see this as anything to do with Cameron of anyone else.  It is all down to Hosie and his Posey ...

I liked Stewart Hosie.  i thought he was a very able politician and man of principle - shows you what I know ...:rolleyes:

I mind the character in anyone – inside or outside of the public eye.  The point I am making is that, in general, from the top down – standards, values, credibility, integrity among politicians appears to be the exception rather than the rule.  Hosie has certainly proved to be a big disappointment.

Character is what character does, in my book.  

It seems to me that a lot of political life is about ruthless ambition and less about public service these days.  Life inside the political bubble seems to turn a lot of people's heads as soon as they get a taste of power and their noses in the expenses trough - not to mention a whiff of the naked ambition of staffers and hangers-on wanting to climb the political ladder by any means ...

"All animals are equal, but (eventually) some animals are more equal than others"...

5 hours ago, harper said:

Character is what character does, in my book.  

It seems to me that a lot of political life is about ruthless ambition and less about public service these days.  Life inside the political bubble seems to turn a lot of people's heads as soon as they get a taste of power and their noses in the expenses trough - not to mention a whiff of the naked ambition of staffers and hangers-on wanting to climb the political ladder by any means ...

"All animals are equal, but (eventually) some animals are more equal than others"...

Spot on.  It's all about ego.  I used to watch heads being turned when I worked in pubs. Previously sensible women and men went to pot when chatted up by inebriated customers. It often ended in disaster.  Politics is a whole other ball game but the politicians have no right to be so daft.  Not if they are concerned with public service.

17 hours ago, harper said:

Without wishing to appear sexist, I am sure you have stunning legs, anaw, Sam.

Maybe it is the thought of not having to deal with the aforementioned crisp and clean underpants ... ok, that was too much information.  I dooo think dignity and self respect wins over naked self importance and self promotion every time.  Gonyursel' Shona ... :P

They are indeed splendid and thankfully reach the ground :-)

8 hours ago, Pat said:

Spot on.  It's all about ego.  I used to watch heads being turned when I worked in pubs. Previously sensible women and men went to pot when chatted up by inebriated customers. It often ended in disaster.  Politics is a whole other ball game but the politicians have no right to be so daft.  Not if they are concerned with public service.

Remember these are reasonably intelligent people.  So, you decide to have an affair,knowing that you operate in a very public environment. The checklist of things not to do are:

have an affair with a journalist - guaranteed to blab

have an affair with someone who operates in that same small clique in the Parliament

have an affair with someone a colleague previously had an affair

You'd almost think he wanted to be caught

Flattery puts paid to common sense.  There's now talk that Hosie will not head up the next drive for Independence.  I don't think he would be a good option.